rf key fobs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rf key fobs
rf key fobs......is there an easy way of testing these units like pointing at a radio and pressing the buttons or similar??

also I presume the thermometer in the car next to the clock slows internal temp?

yesterday morning it showed 3 degrees c and was flashing ( worried now, and the internal lights with the door open turned off abruptly after some time... )

today shows 5 degrees c and not flashing?

or am I being paranoid Undecided
Thanks given by:
The flashing on the clock temperature is just warning of risk of ice - flashing between 3 degrees and -3 degrees IIRC.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by: pug306driver
thanks for that..........what about the key fob anyone....there must be a kitchen table type test for these........a 20 turn coil connected to a multimeter perhaps?? point at coil and press and watch meter hunt for signal when fob pressed?? proving summut is happening??

will give that a go this evening and report back
Thanks given by:
use an osciliscope connected on the aerial will sniff a waveform output Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
if I had one!!

don't even have a lap top but have a pc........has anyone got a sensor box adc diagram or similar top make signals pc compatable which will not kill the pc..........and some software to convert a pc to an oscilloscope?? pc runs windows 98 and has a parallel and serial port as well as usb ports.
Thanks given by:
well that worked a treat, turns out both batteries ( new about this time last year ) are flat ( yes I know I mean out of charge! ) and round Blush so off to get one new one to start with, and 2 new smoke alarm batteries for the house. will report back.....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Key fobs thebluepearl 14 3,353 30-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Last Post: thebluepearl
  Programming Key Fobs with 1 or 2 buttons? Smiley69 14 5,376 23-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Smiley69