What to look for when you buy a hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to look for when you buy a hdi
Mine is worth the travel ;-) lol
Thanks given by:
Won't be untill next Sunday I could potentially view yours.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Are they getting much rarer or is it just me?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2015, 09:52 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Are they getting much rarer or is it just me?

I was saying this to the mrs just earlier on. They're rare when it comes to private autotrader ads, but gumtree is full of them! I've been checking autotrader daily for nearly a year and there used to be like  10 hdi's on autotrader less than a year ago, now it's 1 or 2
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2015, 09:59 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(18-01-2015, 09:52 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Are they getting much rarer or is it just me?

I was saying this to the mrs just earlier on. They're rare when it comes to private autotrader ads, but gumtree is full of them! I've been checking autotrader daily for nearly a year and there used to be like  10 hdi's on autotrader less than a year ago, now it's 1 or 2

Yeah I've noticed, just started looking again and there's like 30 on Ebay, last time I was looking there was at least 100...
Thanks given by:
Try and find a five door xud. They are like rocking horse shit
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Autotrader trade ads are full of 1.9diesels 
Thanks given by:
None even remotely local though. Sad
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2015, 12:26 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: None even remotely local though. Sad

You not willing to travel at all? I look national when i buy cars lol no wonder people think im crazy when i turn up from 200miles away to buy their car! 
Thanks given by:
I'm willing to travel a fair distance like yourself. But most people oversell there car and a 200 mile trip isn't worth it for a 600 pound car. The other issue I have is my son I only 10months old and I don't want to trap him in a car for that long. Cant get a babysitter in the time it takes to look at the car.
Thanks given by:
I had to take my 7mnth old son with me to manchester to look at my current celica, luckily he sleeps whenever he's in the car. You could always just stop at a service station halfway to let him out for a bit.

I see what you mean about it being risky travelling such a long way. Luckily i can leave the kids with the mrs/inlaws 99% of the time.
I normally just buy a cheap train ticket as it works out the same or cheaper than fuel costs. It's normally only £1 extra for a return ticket. All the cars i buy end up being in surrey/tonbridge area lol
Thanks given by:
Problem is, 306s are worth so little now they're not worth selling for most people. Just trade it in (hence all the trade shitters on gumtree) or scrap it. There are barely any near me now, only 4 within about 100 miles on ebay! (though ebay calls it 50 miles lol).

Gumtree is the best place to find them now, buit you have to wade through the 90% of crap to find a decent one.
Thanks given by:
I've passed Bash's number on to someone I know selling a ph3 provence HDI so hopefully that might be an alright one!
Thanks given by:
Yeah he just rang. His gonna get pics. Hopefully its ok.
Thanks given by:
Let me know how you get on as I've not seen it as I say, it's a friend of a friend selling
Thanks given by:
Looks ok in the pics. I'm gonna get more details tonight. Thanks for this. Big help Smile
Thanks given by:
No problem! Hope it's not a shitter!
Thanks given by:
They're all shitters....just in varying degree's of shitness. Can't remember ever buying 306 that didn't need something done! lol
Thanks given by:
Doesn't mean it's a shitter Tom, just an old car. If it needs everything doing it's a shitter Wink
Thanks given by:
If it needs everything doing it's a scrapper! lol

I'm just more fussy than most tbh lol.
Thanks given by:
Its ok a few things I don't mind mind. In fact I enjoy a fiddle. Wink but to much. Specially as its lus car. We won't get it. Looks good though
Thanks given by: