IR key re sync

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IR key re sync
I know it's another key thread but I'm having no luck. I've changed the battery and it's locks/unlocks but won't start the car unless I have the ignition on with my spare key and press the big button then the little button on the fob. This will start the car but then when I wait 5 minutes or so it will forget everything and will stop the car from starting. 

I've tried a few methods but can't find one that fixes the issue for good. Any advice?
Thanks given by:
check the fob has still got the little black chip in the case as it controls the immobilizer

i suspect it fell out when you changed the battery

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 03:45 PM)cully Wrote: check the fob has still got the little black chip in the case as it controls the immobilizer

i suspect it fell out when you changed the battery

That's still in there, I've just been to Peugeot and I said what was happening and he suspects that a sensor that goad around the ignition barrel is packing up so I've ordered one for £19.25 and that hopefully should fix it. If not its £133 for a whole new key! 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blower intermittent and control panel lights out of sync ma2mgt 0 906 28-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Last Post: ma2mgt