Unconventional Income

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unconventional Income
Considered something simple?
Window cleaning for yourself for instance.
You can earn up to 10k now without paying tax.
Then theres fuel, tools etc allowances. I'm not smart but I managed to do me taxes.
Not sure what rates are round you but my best day of window cleaning is £30 pr hour. Just for cleaning some windows. You can do as little or as much as you like.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2015, 11:28 PM)SRowell Wrote: Run a vinyl cutting business from home... oh wait.... :/

do some 3D modelling and sell things on shapeways? Then you can just sit at your PC all day designing things and the making and distribution is up to someone else!

I'm terrible at design though, part of the reason the vinyl stuff didn't work out really!

(14-01-2015, 11:31 PM)Niall Wrote:
(14-01-2015, 11:16 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Breaking cars would be an option if you had some space. Tried renting a council lock up?

Councils are very strict with doing anything in them lockups other than storing stuff.
Right with regards to being self employed, don't worry about the adverts and what not. The sort of money you will be earning, you won't pay a penny of tax and will just pay NI. Its all really easy to do and i can PM you tomorrow when I've got some time to explain a bit better. The biggest gist of it is to keep records of your receipts, monthly ins and outs and do your tax return at the end of every year. It sounds harder than it is believe me!

With work, i think something home based would be good for you but finding something would probably be difficult. Home jobs are generally very desirable.
A Hermes driver could be very good for you but don't expect much money. I THINK they get paid about 50p a drop but normally do over 100 drops a day. That may sound a lot but they work such a small area that you could do several parcels per road! All you would need to do is add work use to your insurance which i did with mine many years ago and it added about £50 a year so for you, probably even less! Its shit work but your in a routine, your out of the house, most of the time you have to say "sign here, thanks" if that and you get to try and beat your MPG record all the time Wink

http://hermes-europe.force.com/recruitment

Moving out. Why not have a chat with Rowell? I assume he pays his parents rent so I'm sure you two could get a small 2 bed place. Its not that expensive up your way, Rowells down here spooning me several nights a week so you get the house to your self and he's in a routine. Plus, i think he would understand your needs a lot better than most.
Its worth both of you sitting down and working out figures assuming he's up for it!

Hmm, maybe I don't need to be so worried about tax stuff then! Confused

The Hermes driver round here has been the same one for a couple of years so I doubt he's going anywhere, but that would be a good idea, time dependant, though.

(15-01-2015, 12:04 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Probably gonna get slated and have my pants pulled down here but...

The amount of time your on the net, do some research into stocks and markets.

Not sure that's something to do as an amateur though?  Seems like a massive risk!

(15-01-2015, 12:06 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Tom, have known you for a long while and as others will testify this is a thread not dissimilar to others you have posted before.

Now some of the issues you have are genuinely not very nice and we can only speculate what it must be like to live with them. However, some of these issues can be overcome and are purely state-of-mind. I think you recognise this yourself but haven't been empowered to do anything or provided with the correct outlet to overcome them. 

I'm not trying to be an amateur psychiatrist but I definitely feel that you need to set yourself some targets. There's nothing physically stopping you using a public toilet but fear itself. I worked for someone who had incredibly similar issues and it took him far too long to come to terms with his problems and take control of his life. But you know where he is now? Touring America with his wife on yet another extended holiday. 

He is now in his 40s and it took him until he was in his late 30s to start making changes. I wouldn't want you to wait that long.

You need to get professional help and support. You need to have the confidence to be away from your preferred loo. You also need to start believing in yourself; a negative attitude is going to set you up for failure. 

Focus on the skills you do have rather than those which you don't.  You write clearly and comprehensively,  something which escapes 80% of the "professional" workers i have come across. Presumably you can operate a computer rather competently too, considering the time you spend sitting in front of one! 

If you can use excel, write emails and show technical understanding you can do pretty much any entry-level office job. What you need is the confidence and self-belief.

Start with the basics and work your way up. Stop being negative.

Chris, you would definitely be my sort of psychiatrist! lol  Probably more experienced than the ones that have just left Uni that I've seen as well. Rolleyes

Using a public toilet is one of the most frustrating problems I have to be honest.  I agree its mind over matter, but there is a physical reason that it doesn't work, admittedly controlled by the mind, but it just wont allow certain muscles to 'let go' in that situation.  It's been the same for as long as I can remember, definitely back to primary school.  And it IS one of the things I'm working on atm amd have been for years.  Now every time I do a longer distance trip I try and use a public toilet at a supermarket or whatever...and it still hasn't happened yet, no matter how desperate I am.  I've tried various methods, counting, sums, singing in my head, even breathhold which seems to work for a lot of people and nothing seems to work for me!

Professional help is no use to me in this situation, I know what I need to do, I've seen therapists etc but need basic things first which I cant have here, this is the whole point, once I'm on my own, with a routine and time and space I can work on other things, but I don't get the chance here.

Yeah I suppose one skill I hadn't thought about is writing, I can use the basics in Excel and write emails etc. 

Also I thought I was being quite positive this time lol, being negative would be just giving up and saying 'f*ck it, why bother'. lol

(15-01-2015, 07:13 AM)Poodle Wrote: As above mate, couldn't have put it better. It's going to be hard, it's going to be uncomfortable and occasionally unpleasant, but that's just life and if you don't do something it will only go downhill for you. I spent six months doing a job that stressed me out so much i developed eczema over 30% of my skin, but it was the only income i could get so i stuck to it until i found something else. Take the bad with the good, it IS worth it, the feeling of progress and achievement from hard work is second to none in my experience.

There is a lot of remote work out there for typists, proof readers, etc. You might even find a local office that's willing to make extended provisions for your conditions as it'll help them fulfil their equal opportunities jazz.

Remote typing/proof reading is something I hadn't thought about and could probably do reasonably well tbf.  I'll have to look further into that!

(15-01-2015, 09:08 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Just to echo what is written in last couple of posts, what you have to ask yourself if this, will doing something you don't like kill you? If you ate something that freaked you out or used a different toilet, would you be here tomorrow to tell the tale? Of course the answer is yes, you would and you would be fine if not better than before for the experience, everyone has to push themselves out of their own particular comfort zone, yours may be smaller than most but the same rules apply, here's a true story for you,
I used to know a few undesirable guys when i was younger, one in particular had done a fair bit of time on the inside, one if the first times he went at her majesty's pleasure the canteen staff were putting Beatles in his food, after starving for a number of days he went and caught a live Beatle and ate it to prove to himself that he would come to no harm eating the contaminated prison food, there after he didn't give a fcuk.
So the moral is, life can be tough but every time you push yourself you grow, like the saying goes, "do something every day to scare yourself"
It's honestly the only way and you can do it, being a victim can be a comfort blanket, throw it away and start pushing things every day, before you know it you'll be normal like the rest of us! Yeah right, no one is normal, everyone has insecurity's, so take some solace in that mate, i promise you, everyone is fcuked up in their own way, but we grow and learn in time Smile x

If I ate something that made me ill in my current situation, it would have massive repercussions.  It has happened in the past and is one of the worst things that can happen.  As I'm already in a situation that I can't cope with, adding something that I'm terrified of on top just completely breaks me.  Hopefully when I'm a better situation I will be able to cope with something like that better.  As said, this can be worked on once the basics are in place.

I don't think I have a comfort zone lol, don't feel comfortable anywhere! lol

That is a good saying, and one I do live by, I do do something every day that scares me, as said I try and force myself to go out no matter how bad I feel, and then do other things whilst out that push it a bit further, sometimes it goes badly, but occasionally it does go well and is worth it when that happens. Smile
Thanks given by:
Tbh Tom you say it would have massive repercussions but I would say really?? What bigger than addressing your situation? I think not, who cares you get ill, you probably won't just like the rest of us, but if u do you get better, again like anyone else, I feel for you but as always it's tough love with me, one day you're gonna have to give yourself a slap, and the sooner the better, sooner you do sooner you can start living a life worth living, don't waste your time on this earth Tom, you are so lucky, you have a home, clothes, food to eat and possessions, quit with your 1st world problems, be grateful for all you have and crack on son, no time like the present. Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: procta , Niall
Tom i can just imaging you coming on here to make a thread the moment you have a dump in a public toilet! Haha sorry that's all i had to say..
Thanks given by:
Tom what about night security work?

Some of the times I've done night shift I've not seen a single human being for 12 hours straight. Most companies will pay for you to do your SIA licence.
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 10:10 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I honestly think it might suit you Tom.

You have internet access, you don't hold the stock yourself so space isn't an issue either.

This will sound really odd but there was a chap I used to work at Mcdonalds with years ago, he was a fat weird lad who had no friends, never had a mrs, but he ran an online sex toy shop via drop shipping & made an absolute mint! He left Mcd's after a few weeks and just lives off the drop shipping, he can't even drive & lives with his parents which shows it really is possible from your bedroom!

Well that's something to aspire to. lol

(15-01-2015, 10:42 AM)Piggy Wrote: Considered something simple?
Window cleaning for yourself for instance.
You can earn up to 10k now without paying tax.
Then theres fuel, tools etc allowances. I'm not smart but I managed to do me taxes.
Not sure what rates are round you but my best day of window cleaning is £30 pr hour. Just for cleaning some windows. You can do as little or as much as you like.

I don't like heights. Confused  Could do bungalows I guess lol.  But theres no money in it here anyway, my Nan has a guy do her windows for a pound a window!

(15-01-2015, 11:24 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Tbh Tom you say it would have massive repercussions but I would say really?? What bigger than addressing your situation? I think not, who cares you get ill, you probably won't just like the rest of us, but if u do you get better, again like anyone else, I feel for you but as always it's tough love with me, one day you're gonna have to give yourself a slap, and the sooner the better, sooner you do sooner you can start living a life worth living, don't waste your time on this earth Tom, you are so lucky, you have a home, clothes, food to eat and possessions, quit with your 1st world problems, be grateful for all you have and crack on son, no time like the present. Smile

Ok, well, last time I got food poisoning I was off college for over a forntnight, I couldn't leave the house.  I could barely eat anything other than toast and crisps as I just gagged on anything else, I was in panic mode all day and night.  That was probably the closest I came to having a complete breakdown and not something I want to repeat!  It took weeks after that to get back to 'normal'.  Fair enough if you don't understand it, but it really isn't as simple as it may seem.   I don't know what your biggest fear may be, as you have children its probably something to do with them coming to harm, and I'm sure you would want to avoid it all costs! Smile

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate I'm lucky to have certain things, but not the basic things I really need!

(15-01-2015, 11:38 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Tom i can just imaging you coming on here to make a thread the moment you have a dump in a public toilet! Haha sorry that's all i had to say..

Of course I will...or chatbox at least! lol
Thanks given by:
Yes but harm coming to my children is real, food poisoning is a rare and shitty thing, believe me I know, I've had salmonella, not pleasant at all, also having children I do understand, I have lots of silly unsubstantiated fears to dispel from them all the time, perhaps something you missed growing up, I don't know, I've known you online for about 6 years now and the one constant with you is you always have an excuse, I would try to stop being so clever with your excuses if you can, it's they that are holding you back,
Suppose you get a job that fits in with your problems, that's putting yourself in a dead end situation, surely as much as you want a job to fit you, you should also try and make yourself fit as well, just my 2p mate, I know I probably piss you off, being a parent though you learn to say the right thing, not what's kindest x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
That's a good point, both my parents had anxiety problems lol. In fact my Mum managed to get out of 'life' when she was young by getting married and having a baby...then had another...so she didn't have to work until she was about 30! My Dad couldn't cope with a stressful high end IT job and ended up working as a driver instead. I was also metaphorically wrapped in bubblewrap and not allowed to do anything that might have an element of risk to it. I don't think either are content even now...I certainly don't want to follow in their footsteps. I do wonder how different I might've been with different parents, but obviously that'll never be known lol.

Has it really been 6 years? Doesn't time fly lol. I don't see it as an excuse, I've proved to myself that I can do a lot more here on my own when they're on holiday. In fact I get months worth of stuff done in a week when I'm not trying to work around them. And its so frustrating that I know I can do some things, and work on others, if I can just have some basic things in place that aren't possible here.

I need a job now that fits me to get out of here, when I'm out I'll be looking for something different.

You don't piss me off at all tbh. I don't think you really understand where I'm coming from, but you do at least listen, which is more than I can say for people here. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Time does fly mate lol, it's fair to say that I don't entirely empathize with you although, I was a very shy boy with a few issues of my own, I am eldest of 8, the go to person for their problems, I have looked after children with mental and physical disabilities, taught music to kids and adults and I know people, as unique as u think your problems are, they are more common than you think but deserve no respect, they need throwing away, as much as your mum and dad let you down you have to create your own chapter, gotta go now, youngest is crying for me to get off my phone lol
Thanks given by:
They were only saying on the radio yesterday that 1 in 10 under 25s have anxiety issues and find it uncomfortable to leave the house.

Tom I reckon window cleaning could do you well. I know our guy makes a mint doing it and he has a big brush on a stick for doing the upstairs stuff so he doesnt even have to go up ladders etc!
Thanks given by:
Yes, because in mollycoddling our children we are creating a society of people that don't have enough real problems to worry about, therefore create imaginary problems of their own. I won't get started on that, interested to see you acknowledge it without prompting though.

However, although i may not be the most sympathetic, i can empathise. That said, Matt is dead right. Anyone who really knows me will be able to tell you just how bad (or perhaps good) i am at making good excuses for not doing something i don't want to do. Your responses to the suggestions in this thread are 90% excuses, much as i despise the expression, you can't bullshit a bullshitter mate. Wink I'm sure some of them are genuinely important considerations, but only you can be honest enough with yourself to say which, although i have my suspicions lol. I guess what i'm saying is don't automatically dismiss stuff out of hand because the idea makes you uncomfortable, your best chance is to give yourself as many options as possible.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You ought to be a bungalow window cleaner with a campervan that only works in shotley gate.

/lifesolved
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 11:56 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Tom what about night security work?

Some of the times I've done night shift I've not seen a single human being for 12 hours straight. Most companies will pay for you to do your SIA licence.

I have a sia card and do alot of door,it's a good little earner but recently been given the opportunity to do nite's looking a building I used to do it in the day and just sat there for 12 hours,very easy money 

Security industry is growning like crazy atm,which why I'm thinking of jacking in my current job and do somthing in internal security.

Althought the card and training will set you back £420 ish and liscence has to be renewed ever 3 years. 

There's also a app for Android call 500 plus which is a live stocks buyer and seller you can use the demo and then if you think you good enough give it a go for real.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 12:48 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Time does fly mate lol, it's fair to say that I don't entirely empathize with you although, I was a very shy boy with a few issues of my own, I am eldest of 8, the go to person for their problems, I have looked after children with mental and physical disabilities, taught music to kids and adults and I know people, as unique as u think your problems are, they are more common than you think but deserve no respect, they need throwing away, as much as your mum and dad let you down you have to create your own chapter, gotta go now, youngest is crying for me to get off my phone lol

Eldest of 8, blimey! lol  Individually my problems are fairly common, I'm yet to find someone in exactly the same situation though, despite years of forum trawling lol.  But as said, I know I can work on that given the opportunity.

You are right, I totally agree I need to do something about it, I'm not just blaming them, I should've been naughtier lol, it turns out parents don't always know best lol.  

(15-01-2015, 12:57 PM)SRowell Wrote: They were only saying on the radio yesterday that 1 in 10 under 25s have anxiety issues and find it uncomfortable to leave the house.

Tom I reckon window cleaning could do you well. I know our guy makes a mint doing it and he has a big brush on a stick for doing the upstairs stuff so he doesnt even have to go up ladders etc!

I find it uncomfortable being in the house though! lol

It's just more diagnosed now I think, anxiety and depression seem the GPs new favourite thing lol.  It's certainly not a new thing, I was surprised how many older people have anxiety problems when I started looking into it.  It's more that 50 years ago, 'anxiety' would've been called 'worrying about shit' and 'depression' would've been called 'being a miserable bastard'. lol

(15-01-2015, 01:26 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yes, because in mollycoddling our children  we are creating a society of people that don't have enough real problems to worry about, therefore create imaginary problems of their own. I won't get started on that, interested to see you acknowledge it without prompting though.

However, although i may not be the most sympathetic, i can empathise. That said, Matt is dead right. Anyone who really knows me will be able to tell you just how bad (or perhaps good) i am at making good excuses for not doing something i don't want to do. Your responses to the suggestions in this thread are 90% excuses, much as i despise the expression, you can't bullshit a bullshitter mate. Wink I'm sure some of them are genuinely important considerations, but only you can be honest enough with yourself to say which, although i have my suspicions lol. I guess what i'm saying is don't automatically dismiss stuff out of hand because the idea makes you uncomfortable, your best chance is to give yourself as many options as possible.

That's interesting tbh, I don't completely agree with you though.  You are right in that anything new my instant response is to run but a lot of the time I have genuinely already tried whatever it is or something similar so know why it didn't work out.  I don't think I bother with excuses, if I don't want to do something I just say I don't want to do it lol.   I mean, can you see me as a security guard!? lol  Not really got the build for it!  Unless I can learn Dynamo's trick where he manages to take away peoples strength lol.

Also making up 1st world problems lol, anxiety yeah, if you don't let kids hurt themselves or explain the consequences of actions, they'll never try anything!  I'll make you laugh with this one, after sex ed in year 6 of primary school my Dads one sentence of advice was 'always wear a condom'.  I was in year 11 of high school (16) before I understood that wasn't the case, was wondering how people ever got pregnant if they always wore them! lol  The point is, I was always told what to do or not to do, with no explanation as to why, and stupidly I did everything I was told!

Never thought to ask why cant I go to the park when my mates can?  Why can't I ride my go-kart out of the back garden (wtf is the point having one if you cant go anywhere!)?  Why cant I go to the woods opposite the house?  Why cant I go to the beach with the tide coming in?  Why can't I walk on the sea wall?  In the end I was just petrified of everything!!  Was still getting the same shit when I was 17 and got a car, don't go too far, don't go out in bad weather, don't go on the single track roads....  I need to be more of a rebel like my little sister. lol

But that's the anxiety of things and that's more of an annoying worry really, I can cope with anxiety and panic attacks through breathing and a few other tips I picked up from the internet (don't bother with therapists, learnt 10 times as much online!).  OCD is in a different league though and the 2 are separate, although similar.  OCD is a constant doubt about things, different things for different people, but it isn't just a minor worry like anxiety, its a constant battle against things you cant be sure of, checking things all the time, repeating things even though you've just done them 10+ times, going over things from the past (rumination), and seeking reassurance about everything, doubting and regretting every decision you make.  I don't see that that can come from mollycoddling, it's surely a 'glitch' in the brain.

(15-01-2015, 01:44 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: You ought to be a bungalow window cleaner with a campervan that only works in shotley gate.

/lifesolved

Jordan you should be a life coach!  But if I had a campervan I certainly wouldn't stay in this village lol, I'd get as far away as possible!

(15-01-2015, 02:00 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 11:56 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Tom what about night security work?

I have a sia card and do alot of door,it's a good little earner but recently been given the opportunity to do nite's looking a building I used to do it in the day and just sat there for 12 hours,very easy money 

Security industry is growning like crazy atm,which why I'm thinking of jacking in my current job and do somthing in internal security.

Althought the card and training will set you back £420 ish and liscence has to be renewed ever 3 years. 

There's also a app for Android call 500 plus which is a live stocks buyer and seller you can use the demo and then if you think you good enough give it a go for real.

You've both met me, do you honestly think I'd be any good at security? lol

'Erm, excuse me, could, umm, could you leave please, you're not meant to be here'... Confused
Thanks given by:
A pound a window is a great rate.

Its about what I charge. And I don't use ladders ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And you do 30 windows in an hour!?
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 11:24 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Tbh Tom you say it would have massive repercussions but I would say really?? What bigger than addressing your situation? I think not, who cares you get ill, you probably won't just like the rest of us, but if u do you get better, again like anyone else, I feel for you but as always it's tough love with me, one day you're gonna have to give yourself a slap, and the sooner the better, sooner you do sooner you can start living a life worth living, don't waste your time on this earth Tom, you are so lucky, you have a home, clothes, food to eat and possessions, quit with your 1st world problems, be grateful for all you have and crack on son, no time like the present. Smile

(15-01-2015, 12:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Yes but harm coming to my children is real, food poisoning is a rare and shitty thing, believe me I know, I've had salmonella, not pleasant at all, also having children I do understand, I have lots of silly unsubstantiated fears to dispel from them all the time, perhaps something you missed growing up, I don't know, I've known you online for about 6 years now and the one constant with you is you always have an excuse, I would try to stop being so clever with your excuses if you can, it's they that are holding you back,
Suppose you get a job that fits in with your problems, that's putting yourself in a dead end situation, surely as much as you want a job to fit you, you should also try and make yourself fit as well, just my 2p mate, I know I probably piss you off, being a parent though you learn to say the right thing, not what's kindest x

This is pure gold tom! i could give you my life story, as i have had a rough ride when i was young. i tell you tom i not the same person i was 10 years ago!
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 06:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: And you do 30 windows in an hour!?

£1 a window minimum and yes, easily 30 in an hour. 

Even if you did 15 an hour, what else you going to do for £15 an hour?! With your car and expenses taken care of!
My biggest day I do about 400 windows. Although thats not a £400 day, about £300 as its one building complex.

Just an idea buddy. Pm me if you wana chat it over Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
one of the lads who was on my fork lifting course, left asda to be come a window cleaner, He said, andy I make more a week than I did a month.
Thanks given by:
I really wish I could do something to help you Tom, like Matt I've known you online for 5-6 years now and much as I take the piss out of you savagely (just ask Niall, Grant, Fooby, Dum, Danny, Matt, Kyle, Karl, Steve, SRowell, in fact any of my mates on here or in real life, it just means I like you!), I think you're a grand lad.

I've overcome some heavy-duty shit in my life. I don't go into detail about it, a couple of people on here know about it, my lass knows about it and my friends I've had since primary school do, but if you think it'll help I'll drop you a PM?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I can kind of understand the toilet thing as back in secondary school I used to hold it in all day until year 11. That's alot of piss to hold in! stopped drinking during the day to try and ease it a bit which during the summer wasn't good for me. Then I couldn't go no2 with people about or with the idea of people knowing i was going to until uni when I moved in with some great lads who weren't shy and made it seem silly to be shy around guys. Although I still wouldn't go no2 with Ladysteve about for years, now we've moved in together I've kind of gotten over it. Don't make a big song and dance about it by any means but just happens. Even go comfortably at work now and sometimes have a good giggle at the noises people make (is that weird?)

Point being going into different environments and situations can help you adapt. Although my life story is hardly 3rd world problems
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I love going for a shite at work. Nothing like squeezing out a half pounder and getting paid for it!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 08:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I love going for a shite at work. Nothing like squeezing out a half pounder and getting paid for it!

This.. I always remember dum dum puttinf a thread up about this with some app he had and earned a tenna while shitting lol
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 08:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I love going for a shite at work. Nothing like squeezing out a half pounder and getting paid for it

Nothing better that a Sunday overtime dump Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 06:44 PM)procta Wrote: This is pure gold tom! i could give you my life story, as i have had a rough ride when i was young. i tell you tom i not the same person i was 10 years ago!

Well lets hope I'm not the same person in 10 years time! Smile

(15-01-2015, 08:33 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 06:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: And you do 30 windows in an hour!?

£1 a window minimum and yes, easily 30 in an hour. 

Even if you did 15 an hour, what else you going to do for £15 an hour?! With your car and expenses taken care of!
My biggest day I do about 400 windows. Although thats not a £400 day, about £300 as its one building complex.

Just an idea buddy. Pm me if you wana chat it over Smile

Crikey, you must work faster than me then, takes me a couple of hours to do 7 windows and 2 doors on our house...I might be a bit anal about streaks and drips though. lol

(15-01-2015, 08:41 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I really wish I could do something to help you Tom, like Matt I've known you online for 5-6 years now and much as I take the piss out of you savagely (just ask Niall, Grant, Fooby, Dum, Danny, Matt, Kyle, Karl, Steve, SRowell, in fact any of my mates on here or in real life, it just means I like you!), I think you're a grand lad.

I've overcome some heavy-duty shit in my life. I don't go into detail about it, a couple of people on here know about it, my lass knows about it and my friends I've had since primary school do, but if you think it'll help I'll drop you a PM?

Thanks Liam, and I don't mind a bit of piss taking, fortunately I can see the funny side to my situation! lol

I won't force you to share anything, but if you think I'll benefit from it a PM would be good, I'm always interested in other peoples lives. Smile

(15-01-2015, 08:52 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I can kind of understand the toilet thing as back in secondary school I used to hold it in all day until year 11. That's alot of piss to hold in! stopped drinking during the day to try and ease it a bit which during the summer wasn't good for me. Then I couldn't go no2 with people about or with the idea of people knowing i was going to until uni when I moved in with some great lads who weren't shy and made it seem silly to be shy around guys. Although I still wouldn't go no2 with Ladysteve about for years, now we've moved in together I've kind of gotten over it. Don't make a big song and dance about it by any means but just happens. Even go comfortably at work now and sometimes have a good giggle at the noises people make (is that weird?)

Point being going into different environments and situations can help you adapt. Although my life story is hardly 3rd world problems

Yeah I did the same, and with the food problems I didn't eat either, managed to go through school without eating, drinking or using the loo.  Which wasn't great, passed out a few times and kept getting lightheaded and wobbly, particularly in heat or with physical work.  Unfortunately college hours were so much longer I didn't have a choice....and I passed out on my second day in a hot workshop trying to tap out a metal conduit lol.  But I couldn't go at college so had to walk about 10 minutes into town to some 'quieter' public toilets where it was still hit and miss if I could go or not.  The year after I started to be able to go at college, if I walked up the 3rd floor toilets where no-one else could be bothered to go lol.  But then I got a car and started having a lot more bowel issues so drove home at lunch times (an extra 25 mile round trip) and since then my public toilet problems have gone back to how they were before.  I can't even crap at home when people are walking about or in an adjacent room, have to wait until they've got the TV on loud!  I do worry about any long term effects pee-holding will have though, gall stones or similar! Confused 

Yeah you're right about adapting to different situations, but I don't adapt quickly or easily, its just something I've gotta keep trying and hope it changes eventually I guess!
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 08:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I love going for a shite at work. Nothing like squeezing out a half pounder and getting paid for it!

The lack of internet in the toilet was soon sorted by a new access point in the false ceiling Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2015, 10:30 AM)nominous Wrote:

The lack of internet in the toilet was soon sorted by a new access point in the false ceiling Smile

You ladies want this app Wink

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...poop&hl=en
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Have been amused and confused by this thread, some of the issues I can relate to, public bogs for one, others I can't.

However I will say that even as a new member, there was a reason my first post here stated that I have only just started driving again, and that reason has contributed to my current state of mind and lack of confidence I previously had.

I have a few bits going on in the self employed area, and can offer a self employed role within my app business which is home based as a rule but may need some client interaction if you are interested. I found that since my issues self employed is the way forward Smile
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
/\ This sounds spot on

Go on tom have a go buddy Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you've got a lot of spare time at the moment.

Start looking into Forex and stuff like spread betting on stocks.
it takes time to understand it all, but you can make decent money when you understand whats going on.
Thanks given by: