Unconventional Income

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unconventional Income
If you guys think LSD is 'bad', have a look into 25iNBOMe.. '64 times more potent' heh.

In regards to that Halfords job tom, may be worth speaking to the manager if your 'friendly'? Might not have anything now, but it can't hurt to keep an eye out. Just explain your situation (maybe not in full 100% detail, but just so he can get an understanding) that you're willing basically.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tom get in touch with the manager. He has your CV but its not as if he is going to ever look at it unless you say you are after a job! Get it done! Could be great for you. its not far away and youre way more competant by anyone Ive been served by there. Unfortunately not as fit as the usual till girls....
Thanks given by:
I honestly think it is getting to the point where you're going to have to go out on a limb and force yourself Tom, or you'll be ruled by your illness forever. Only you can help really.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Would be nice to hear of someone smart working in Halfords. Ive seen some of there "experts" they call them on the radio fitting audio or bulbs. Why is it theres never any real car guys working in there? Or even car girls?! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
because the pay is utter wank and you'll never employ anyone with decent knowledge at or around minimum wage.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2015, 09:58 AM)Toms306 Wrote: There was a job at the Ipswich Halfords a couple of weeks back, only 3 hours a day and could've just skipped a meal to do it, plus I know the manager there (he sold me the 1.8 back in the day!)...but it was a till job. Sad If it'd been warehousing or fitting I'd definitely have applied but no point of another till job as I don't want a repeat of the co-op!

That's no excuse you can't go through life not wanting to it been unable to interact with people you don't know!
Unless you get a call center job you will almost always need to interact with people

Being one of the fitters at halfords you will still need to speak with people as most of the time they are out with you whilst you work on the car
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2015, 10:50 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Tom get in touch with the manager. He has your CV but its not as if he is going to ever look at it unless you say you are after a job! Get it done! Could be great for you. its not far away and youre way more competant by anyone Ive been served by there. Unfortunately not as fit as the usual till girls....

He knows I'm after a job lol, I ask every time I see the sign up if its reasonable hours, but isn't really interested employing me for some reason - probably my awkwardness, shiftiness and shyness, so the usual. lol

Yeah I don't know why they put fit girls on the till there, I always get nervous and manage to embarrass myself in front of them.  Doubt I'd have the same issue with a middle aged guy. lol

I did also see an ad for ECP looking for casual drivers, if I was in town I'd probably have gone for that as well, how hard can it be to drive some parts around slowly as you're on a tracker... lol  Cant imagine they drive too far either as there are so many branches around, if I could do an Ipswich to Shotley route that might be alright...

(23-01-2015, 01:55 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Only you can help really.

I know, I know.  I'm f*cked in that case. lol

(23-01-2015, 02:01 PM)Tom Wrote: Would be nice to hear of someone smart working in Halfords. Ive seen some of there "experts" they call them on the radio fitting audio or bulbs. Why is it theres never any real car guys working in there? Or even car girls?! Wink

Real car guys are either in the trade properly or don't want to ruin their hobby by working with it... 

I'm not sure I'd be any smarter than them though. Confused  Especially when you're working on different cars everyday, you're bound to look a dick when you can't even find the bonnet release let alone the bulb cover. lol

(23-01-2015, 02:49 PM)swampy Wrote:
(23-01-2015, 09:58 AM)Toms306 Wrote: There was a job at the Ipswich Halfords a couple of weeks back, only 3 hours a day and could've just skipped a meal to do it, plus I know the manager there (he sold me the 1.8 back in the day!)...but it was a till job. Sad   If it'd been warehousing or fitting I'd definitely have applied but no point of another till job as I don't want a repeat of the co-op!

That's no excuse you can't go through life not wanting to it been unable to interact with people you don't know!
Unless you get a call center job you will almost always need to interact with people

Being one of the fitters at halfords you will still need to speak with people as most of the time they are out with you whilst you work on the car

Umm, call centre workers interact with people constantly...that's their entire job... Confused

With respect, you don't appear to be at all understanding this.  As I've said time and time again now, I'm not looking for a career atm, I'm not expecting to go through life without ever interacting with people, but you have to walk before you can run and I will have to start with something lower on the scale.  If you're saying I should be thrown in at the deep end, it does work for some people but not for me, I have done it with a few things and it just makes things worse because I cant cope with it.

Being a fitter is completely different to working on till.  It certainly wouldn't be easy, but it would be a better position for my situation.  You're only dealing with one person at a time and not trying to get through a queue of 20+ who are all burning evils into your forehead.  You haven't got to do age related sales and ask people for ID which I sucked at as I cant guess ages and hate putting people out.  You're not responsible for a till of a few hundred quid.  And most importantly you're not trapped behind a till for hours, most of the time you'll be working in 5-10 minute 'segments' and be able to use the loo between if necessary.
Thanks given by:
Being a till tart sucks, and can be pretty stressful even for someone as laid back as I am. I'm never working in retail ever again, office jobs are so much better.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: