1.8 XS - Bilstein B4 Shocks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 XS - Bilstein B4 Shocks
Hi guys

Looking to replace the suspension on my 306, just for OEM stuff. Mine is a 2001 Phase 3 1.8 16v XS.

I will be replacing the beam shortly for one from a GTI-6, no reason other than mine is a bit shagged and this one is in good order.

I know rear shocks are the same between both models, so that is fine.

But I am planning on lowering car slightly, so will be buying Eibach springs for the front.

What I want to know is, is there differences between the front B4 shocks for my car and a GTI-6?

On the Bilstein website, part numbers for front shocks on my car are different to front shocks for a GTI-6.

Eibach springs are same for both cars, so just wanted to make doubly sure that the Eibachs will fit ok if I buy the shocks listed for my car and not GTI-6.

Reason I ask is that the B6 and B8 shocks have same part numbers for both my car and GTI-6, so just assumed B4s would have been the same, as was going to order B4s from KAM Racing, but the part numbers they list are the ones listed for GTI-6.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers guys.
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
B4s are a oem replacement and seeing as the 1.8 is lighter than the gti, they probably are different. Best bet is to phone Kam racing and have a chat. They are very friendly and helpful. Also, mention your a member of the club Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
1.8 engine is much lighter than the GTi6 so they do have different front shocks and springs from the factory.

The Eibachs fit all models, but will sit slightly differently dependant on engine. The B4s will physically fit both, but I couldn't tell you if there'd be a noticeable height or damping difference between the two.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the help guys.

I'm guessing though, that if I was to fit the GTI-6 B4s on KAM website, and Eibach springs, then it should sit exactly how a 6 does on Eibachs?
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
No it'll still sit slightly higher due to the weight difference.
Thanks given by:
yeh there is a weight difference so you definitely dont want to be fitting stuff suitable for the 6. The shocks will be fine but you need the correct springs.
Thanks given by:
Well I will be fitting Eibach lowering springs, and part number for these is the same for both my car and the 6.

So it's just whether to order B4 shocks for a 6, or ones listed for my car.

Unfortunately have not been able to find pics of an XS lowered on Eibach springs with standard shocks anywhere to get an idea.
Thanks given by:
Trouble is, Eibach probably only bothered developing springs for the performance model in the range (ie. GTi6 / Rallye) so you will likely find the ride height won't be lowered, possibly even higher than it is now.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bilstein Shocks Mighty306 1 1,332 01-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Where to buy Bilstein B8s MisterGTR 47 11,110 03-01-2017, 09:53 PM
  Bilstein Shocks - Ratings & Part Numbers. Help! Eeyore 12 3,041 22-12-2016, 11:34 PM