Jetex Stainless Steel Exhaust (Centre and rear)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jetex Stainless Steel Exhaust (Centre and rear)
Having replaced this with something a bit lairier it's time to move it on. (Was on the Rallye)

Structurally sound, had no problems with it and has a nice purr to it without being oppressive (have read that it's the quietest exhaust available after the original system)

Needs a good spruce up and has a dent in each box (not visible unless you get underneath)

Located in Chesterfield, £150 + P&P

[Image: IMG_3037.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3032.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3033.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3035.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3034.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3036.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3085.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3086.jpg]
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Don't mean to be picky...but that doesnt look stainless!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The tip might be stainless. lol
Thanks given by:
I know it doesn't, I never thought it was even after taking it off but i've read up on it and it apparently is!

Quite hard to get hold of these days as well apparently.
Black 306 Rallye
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Stainless doesn't have iron in it afaik...so it shouldn't rust if its real stainless? Confused
Thanks given by:
Jetex also make 'aluminised steel' systems as well as 'stainless steel' systems.

Their website indicates that they only offer a stainless system for the 306 now, but they may have made aluminised steel systems for the 306 before (I don't actually know if yes or no).

So this might explain why it might be seen as not being stainless, but I honestly couldn't tell you the answer. Most are stainless though.

Good luck with sale.
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
Of course it has iron in...

The clue is in the name by the way, stain-less. Jetex must use a very low grade stainless as they always look like this.

I've seen much much worse though.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
My stainless system is as shiney as the day I fitted it!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks chaps!
Black 306 Rallye
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
I have a powerflow, scorpion and now a magnex, none of which are rusty lol. Fair enough if I'm wrong about the iron, but what's the point of buying a stainless system for 500 quid new if if its just gonna rust like mild steel? Confused
Thanks given by:
May have this if its still up at the end of the month
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
It doesn't Tom it's only surface oxidisation, the flanges, brackets etc are all solid. Doesn't look or feel like the rust you get with mild steel.
These are well known for being solidly built its just the visuals which let them down. My OMP is shiny as buggery but it doesn't feel as robust as the Jetex.
Black 306 Rallye
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
SOLD!
Black 306 Rallye
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Could well be stainless but be very low grade. Its like power flow exhausts. They bang on about giving a life time warranty on their stainless exhausts and they rust like anything! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
looks like 304 grade to me, 316 is the grade that normally stays clean and shinny
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ECP Mild Steel Exhaust Nexus 2 1,759 12-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Nexus
  Kam Racing adjustable stainless steel gear rods Ben_w 1 1,230 31-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Ben_w
  3" stainless steel 90degree exhaust tube *** SOLD *** andyyy 0 1,106 29-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Last Post: andyyy