Intercooler Sizes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercooler Sizes?
Ahh course im being dumb again haha. That and the misleading searches on eBay that come up with any crap haha.

And okays mate cheers Smile will get back to you soon about them Smile
Thanks given by:
Gets easier with experience bud. Smile

Yeah no worries, just making sure you'd seen, no rush, they've been here long enough already. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I like the look and design of the Jaguar X-Type intercooler in this thread Smile
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...FMIC+guide

Would that do a decent job and would I have to remove anything from the car to get it to fit properly? I can also see in the other photo where those pipes fit Smile

Cheers for all the help Smile
Thanks given by:
That fits nicely, although bear in mind it requires quite a bit of cutting to the front panels. I doubt you could get it to fit if you're keeping the aircon.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It does fit nicely tbf haha. But I would really like to keep the aircon. I love having aircon in a car. Although mine currently doesn't work and apparently needs re-gassing haha. Would I need a twinpass if I want to keep the aircon then?
Thanks given by:
You can supossedly do single-pass with aircon, but twin-pass is certainly easier. I suspect your aircon needs a damn sight more than regassing, most 306s do lol.

Tbh i'm surprised you're happy to cut chunks out of metalwork if you wanted it to look oem, in that case you can get a lot of things to fit.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha great lol. If it doesnt need just a regassing then will probably just rip it all out then haha. Unless they aint too bad to fix.

And well cutting it nice and neat and painting it up will look less obvious because I can fit the OEM stuff easier I suppose. I will have to get it all apart some time to see what I can squeeze where and the pipe sizes and stuff I can get in Smile
Thanks given by:
They're known for being a nightmare for aircon i'm afraid, i can only think of 3 or 4 cars i've seen with it working, out of hundreds lol. I know my old car had receipts for aircon repairs for every year all the way back to 2001, it was only registered in 2000 and still didn't work when i bought it in 2011. lmao

Good point, hadn't thought of it like that. I put some measurements up somewhere, can't remember where though... Useful, i know. Radiator is approx 750mm wide, gap of 55mm on drivers side and about 80mm on the passenger side iirc.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha great lol. Looks like if a re-gas doesn't work then I may as well strip it out rather than keep having it break on me all the time lol. Would be a nice place to fit a nice oil cooler then I suppose Smile

And ahh nice one mate thats good stuff Smile 80mm gap is nice for larger pipe work I suppose so thats good for corners Smile

Cheers mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 04:49 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Haha great lol. Looks like if a re-gas doesn't work then I may as well strip it out rather than keep having it break on me all the time lol. Would be a nice place to fit a nice oil cooler then I suppose Smile

And ahh nice one mate thats good stuff Smile 80mm gap is nice for larger pipe work I suppose so thats good for corners Smile

Cheers mate Smile

It'll probably work for a few weeks if you re-gas the A/C. That's what happened with mine, the garage I bought it from re-gassed it and it worked for a few months till I took it off the road to sort the beam. Stopped working after that! Hole in the pipe under the rad is common. But I plan on getting mine working again.

Might be useful to post up the dimensions of the I/C that you fit.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
There was a small twin pass in the for sale section a while ago which would be good if you want to keep your aircon i thinks its on page 3 if he still has it
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2015, 02:03 PM)Poodle Wrote: The c5 pipe is meant to be better because it doesn't have that kink. In reality i don't think the difference is noticeable.

Was briefly in the (very f-ing cold) garage tonight and spied the original 306 pipe, the kink in that is far far worse than the 406 one!
Thanks given by:
Exactly Allan, the whole thing takes a pretty tortuous route tbh, the fact you can make 130bhp with one of those should tell us all the 406 pipe is more than adequate at stage 2.

You won't need an oil cooler if you stay around the 150bhp mark, these engines have way more cooling capacity than is necessary already. Same goes for intercooler pipework, anything more than 2" will just cause more lag.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So which pipe would u all say is better then? 406 or c5 haha?

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
I've got all the bits to hook up my front intercooler. Was going to do a guide on how I did it
Thanks given by:
I'll try and take a few pictures when I mount mine, I'm planning on removing one of the standard fans and modifying the cowling to fit the intercooler, I'm on a strict budget you see Wink Tongue
Thanks given by:
We've already got a couple of guides, could you put the pictures in those please, help keep it all tidy. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: