Car Insurance for the Mrs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Insurance for the Mrs
Dodgy

Been on the phone countless times today trying to get the car insurance sorted for Mrs C.A.R.'s Kia Picanto 1.1

Best question yet has been from Flux who asked whether it was likely to be taken on a trackday!

I've tried all the comparison sites and the top 3 on all of them directly and I'm struggling to get anything below £800. At the moment Churchill are the cheapest of the lot.

She's only had her license 5 months which is the biggest problem.

I've added myself to the policy and this has dropped it by £200 (previously was getting 4-figure quotes).

I can get it just over £700 if she has a Black Box fitted but she flat out refuses to have one Undecided

Does anyone know of any decent firms for first time drivers out there at the moment? When I was younger everyone seemed to be with Quinn Direct, who just aren't competitive anymore (probably why they went bust in the first place but hey ho!).

Any help much appreciated. And no, it's not something I enjoy driving. Although it is quieter and smoother than the old 306 D-tractor it runs out of puff by about 35mph.

Oh and the oil filter rusted itself to the engine block. Impressive.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Diamond and drive like a girl could be good but i guess you've tried them.

Sadly mate you know the game.

Check and see if you can class her as a lower risk occupation (i have a feeling she is unemployed/housewife which are crazy high risk).
Try adding yet another grown up low risk type to the insurance as that can lower it further still.
Also if it is that bad see if other cars could be cheaper for her to insure, you may want to swap, even a bigger engined picanto may be cheaper.
Other than that there really isnt alot you can do.
Thanks given by:
Hey

I have a black box fitted and its with tesco bank box insurance . I Know she may not like the idea but tesco are really good with it you get bonus miles if you drive well and you can see how u drive online . I found them to be the best by a few hundred pounds . I am now in my second year with them and just had my renewal which was still less than any other company.
I did not like the idea of the black box at first but my quotes were riduclous without it but now i dont worry about it.
Thanks given by:
I used Footman James last year with my 207, Me & the Mrs @ £495 pretty much each time I did an insurance quote through them it came below £600..
Also insured my second car with them yesterday (106) limited mileage 3000 PY @ £88.61...
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 10:49 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: I used Footman James last year with my 207, Me & the Mrs @ £495 pretty much each time I did an insurance quote through them it came below £600..
Also insured my second car with them yesterday (106) limited mileage 3000 PY @ £88.61...

Footman james:

Classic car policy for a '98 celica £200
Standard insurance for a 306 hdi £4000 lolll

Chris knott are cheap for standard insurance, my hdi is insured with them and they beat any quote as long as you can provide a snapshot of the quote
Thanks given by:
1stcentral.co.uk

gogirl.co.uk

5 years ago this March, mine started off with Admiral as a named driver as learner on a policy of mine as TBH it made it cheaper than me alone :ol:
So got a year NCB in 4 months due to the way they were doing multicar at the time and mirroring NCB to named drivers.
Stayed with them further on accelerator thus netting 2 year NCB for her in 14months.

Moved to the top bunch for a year & renewed for about 340quid (at this time the rates went up for women due to discrimination ruling by EU) then she had an accident.
Moved to the bottom bunch after the accident, back down to 1yr NCB but they renewed her for less than she was paying pre-accident. By 20 quid.

It's all a big game.

As DD said, if she doesn't have a job, she's a big risk in their eyes so it'll be highly loaded.
But lack of NCB is the biggest issue.
Thanks given by:
Try direct line, as it's obviously not going to be modified etc.. They were usually cheapest for me.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will try those other companies out thanks folks.

She has two part-time jobs, unfortunately they both work out the same risk - Carer (healthcare) and Teaching Assistant (education).

I don't think she's got much option but to go with the tracker to be perfectly honest.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Used this ?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insuran...job-picker
Thanks given by:
Teaching assistant and carer are both fairly low risk anyway tbh.

What are you getting from Admiral/Elephant with you as a named driver? They've been cheapest for me for the last few years.

Have you also tried Multicar with yours as well? My Mum and sister have done this now as it worked out the same for Mum but much cheaper for my sister...
Thanks given by: