Stop light

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop light
So recently, after a little play in some snow, my radiator fan has started coming on at 70° on the temp gauge, it rattles and squeaks a little bit then goes off after a minute or so, but while its on it flags up the stop light on the dash to start flashing at me.. I'll have the bumper off tomorrow so any ideas as to what it could be? Just so I know what I'm looking for. Thanks
Thanks given by:
I also thought the fans only come on a 90 ?? 

So does the stop light go off when the fans go off?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Stop light does seem to be related to fans. My bet is road salt has got into the fan plug...
Thanks given by:
Yeah it goes off when the fans do most if the time, cones back on everynow and again while driving but I don't know if the fans are on while I'm driving
Thanks given by:
Itll be a lovely short in the smaller plug of the front right leg? The one that causes lots of lovely fires? Anyway... check from the fans to the chassis leg. Would be surprised if it wasnt around there!
Thanks given by:
Will do yet to get around to pulling the front off ahah
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 03:21 PM)SRowell Wrote: Itll be a lovely short in the smaller plug of the front right leg? The one that causes lots of lovely fires? Anyway... check from the fans to the chassis leg. Would be surprised if it wasnt around there!

FIRES 8l
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop light on Ash J 6 1,597 16-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Engine stop light GTI6 cully 4 4,294 01-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  S16 STOP light Frosty 35 7,598 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Last Post: puglove