speedo rev counter bulbs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speedo rev counter bulbs
The bulbs behind my rev counter have stopped working where is the best place to get replacements in the same colour??
Thanks given by:
I think they're T5 / 286 bulbs

Something like this >

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-286-INDIC...19f4928a5f

Someone correct me if I'm wrong
Thanks given by:
Ive read the guide and checked out crazy leds but im not sure what colour to get to keep the ome look and thank you for the link
Thanks given by:
Yeah i was looking to replace the original ones to white...i also need to replace the heater ones, at night can't see nothing...Good link
Thanks given by:
red looks good and works with the standard orange filter the dials have Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ive brought the white ones and im hoping with the orange filter it should look ok
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 03:45 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: Ive brought the white ones and im hoping with the orange filter it should look ok
well yeah lol, if you've got less though you might need to sand the ends slightly to stop bright spots Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I got 10 from crazy leds i dont know what you mean by sand the ends for bright spots
Thanks given by:
The dials are tinted yellow so if you put white bulbs in, you will still see yellow. You need to take the printed sheet out of the dials and remove the yellow backing very carefully with some fine sandpaper.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im leaving the yellow film on hoping it will look the same
Thanks given by:
LED's tend to give crappy hot spots
Thanks given by:
I got leds because the guide on here recommend crazy leds and to be honest if i can see the dash ill be happy just need to sort the indicators and the electrics will be sorted for the mo
Thanks given by:
You don't want bright white anyway, be shit and distracting when driving, that's why I go red, very easy on the eyes at night Smile
Thanks given by:
[attachment=21056 Wrote:Mattcheese31 pid='505096' dateline='1420839423']You don't want bright white anyway, be shit and distracting when driving, that's why I go red, very easy on the eyes at night Smile

I did mine in red led. £10 off eBay with the plastic to change the speedo filter over. Fiddly though.
[attachment=21056]
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
yeah but looks like you have chronic hot spots on the dash, not a uniform brightness
Thanks given by:
You can get a opaque sheet to go behind the dials sheet which does make a real difference to that hot spotting

Agreed though about white dash, it strains the eyes at night.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 10:22 PM)Niall Wrote: You can get a opaque sheet to go behind the dials sheet which does make a real difference to that hot spotting

not arguing for the sake of it here, but you add a sheet of opaque to diffuse the light and rid the hot spots and you prob loose about half or more of the output - so not really seeing the point in having them at all. horses for courses though obvs
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 10:27 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 10:22 PM)Niall Wrote: You can get a opaque sheet to go behind the dials sheet which does make a real difference to that hot spotting

not arguing for the sake of it here, but you add a sheet of opaque to diffuse the light and rid the hot spots and you prob loose about half or more of the output - so not really seeing the point in having them at all. horses for courses though obvs

I did it on my old 1.8. You did loose some light but it was still easily enough. But then i like my dash quite dark at night so it may not be ok for others!
I did find LEDs that guarantee not to give hotspots and they were right, was a perfect distribution but they weren't cheap and weren't a very nice colour in the end so i gave up and got plasma dials lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I just buy red 286 bulbs and put them in, job done lol
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 10:06 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: yeah but looks like you have chronic hot spots on the dash, not a uniform brightness

Putting a dab of tipex on the end of the led gets rid of any hot spots. But I am happy with the results. Sod taking that lot out again
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Done mine today with white leds and the standard filter and i think it looks good but won't know about hot spots till it gets dark but so far so good
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 11:14 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I just buy red 286 bulbs and put them in, job done lol

Any pics with the red bulbs?

I replaced the light behind the fuel gauge last week and it still didn't bloody work. Swapped the bulb with another working one and still nothing  Huh
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 04:23 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 11:14 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I just buy red 286 bulbs and put them in, job done lol

Any pics with the red bulbs?

I replaced the light behind the fuel gauge last week and it still didn't bloody work. Swapped the bulb with another working one and still nothing  Huh
pic here, was in the daytime under my hood though, bang on at night . . 

[attachment=21067]

Quote:

Thanks given by:
This is what they look like at night
Thanks given by:
See that would piss me off I think, u drove at night yet? Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah its ok tbh im just glad i can see it lol
Thanks given by:
The red does look nice. Do the needles show up at night?

Suprisingly the led pic didnt turn out as bad as i thought! I generally keep my brightness down to bare minimum anyway. I don't like hugely bright lights in the car, especially at night
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No speedo rev counter or fuel gauge pug_dturb 4 1,383 28-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Andy annear
  No speedo, rev counter or fuel gauge. Ben Jay 12 7,322 23-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Aaron _d95
Rainbow speedo bulbs aaron_one 4 1,912 15-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Last Post: aaron_one