Which uprated shocks for HDI?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which uprated shocks for HDI?
I'm stuck between new OEM GTI-6 shocks or Blisten B4. I want the handling to be as good as possible but I don't want a horribly harsh ride, any opinions / alternative suggestions welcome. 

FYI I can get the GTI shocks for £120 for all 4 and the Blistens are £157.

Cheers,

Will
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 08:53 PM)tartboy Wrote: I'm stuck between new OEM GTI-6 shocks or Blisten B4. I want the handling to be as good as possible but I don't want a horribly harsh ride, any opinions / alternative suggestions welcome. 

Cheers,

Will

The B4s are pretty much an OE shock with only a slight increase in damping. Although, B4 shocks with Eibach springs is a very good setup for the money. I'm running Xsara VTS B4s with VTS springs which I'm finding a tad soft when pushing on and am seriously contemplating B6/B8s. They' re a few quid more mind!

The B4s are not harsh by the way.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 09:41 PM)Alan_M Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 08:53 PM)tartboy Wrote: I'm stuck between new OEM GTI-6 shocks or Blisten B4. I want the handling to be as good as possible but I don't want a horribly harsh ride, any opinions / alternative suggestions welcome. 

Cheers,

Will

The B4s are pretty much an OE shock with only a slight increase in damping. Although, B4 shocks with Eibach springs is a very good setup for the money. I'm running Xsara VTS B4s with VTS springs which I'm finding a tad soft when pushing on and am seriously contemplating B6/B8s. They' re a few quid more mind!

The B4s are not harsh by the way.

I have some Spax springs which I got very cheap so I'm going to be using them initially. B6's are in another league price wise! 

There are a few sets of used GTI / VTS shocks for sale so I'm tempted to give them a try but I don't think they would compare to a new set.
Thanks given by: