ignition lights staying on / wont turn off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ignition lights staying on / wont turn off
Right never had this before, lights on on dash after ignition off engine runs on need to disconnect battery poitive to stop and even then sometimes it wont go off unless stalled...

so far tried checking and cleaning earths, disconnecting alternator to see it wasnt earthing theough that, told rear tailights give bother so disconnected them, boards are near new to look at too so not them.

Also this evening tried changing ignition barrel to no avail..

Sidenote on the barrell, is there a difference between aircon and non aircon ignition looms? two extra red wires through existing barrel, and leaving them off fans wont work so presumably theres a connection between two...

anyone have a spare loom with 3 plugs for this as previous owner hacked it and rejoined it and would rather not reuse if possible..

anyone any ideas or experiences on this??

car is a 98 phase 2 3 door 1.9Dturbo with aircon
Thanks given by:
Plug on wing will be gunked up is my bet. Remove it bet its full of corrosion. If your standing in front of the car looking under the bonnet. Where the air filter sits there are two connections. Remove and clean both. These also cause fires when they short so worth checking anyway!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
these the two battery side into chassis leg?
Thanks given by:
Yeah there the ones

*They're*
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28050

Sort it out, you've got a possible fire on your hands
Thanks given by:
cheers, cars not in everyday use so its laying up with battery disconnected at minute so no panic Wink
Thanks given by:
I had this problem in my girlfriends 306 BT it started doing it after the wire for the solinod on the pump Sorted out haven't fixed it yet lol just stalling it for now lol BT I would say the relay is my problem Dow did your car sort out at any time at all :-) 
Thanks given by:
looking at this again this evening, one plug was full of water alright, completely cleaned it up, wd40'd it and blew it dry with airline and still no different..

Seems like switched live and constant live are somehow crossing and its not by the ignition switch or radio, and cannot be either of the plugs as have cleaned both of them, any other ideas?
Thanks given by:
Wiring is fried?
Thanks given by:
thanks... anywhere in particular tp lok or just scrap it?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Cooling fans very stiff to turn. cheapo 2 1,980 15-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Last Post: cheapo
  Interior lights staying on?st Matt 4 1,739 17-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Turn Lights on - Trip meter comes on too (Rallye) Eddleston 5 1,806 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Last Post: BiG K