Drift Trike Thread. - Now with video!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drift Trike Thread. - Now with video!!!
Get it going already!
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 08:02 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Ha loving this
Cheers mate Smile

(08-01-2015, 08:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: Get it going already!
Dude it has been going just not drifting.

I'm not finishing it tonight as I have a very minor case of arc eye and no proper lighting in the workshop or the garden (still haven't bought a proper work light).
Thanks given by:
I like it, are you going to tidy it up & paint it?

It needs a mini moto engine, 49cc air cooled, would be so easy to do too!

Weld a bracket to hold the engine, use mini moto wheels so you can run a sprocket on one, then just run a throttle cable up to the handle bar!
Thanks given by:
Saw a pic of one that used a cordless drill to power it.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 08:41 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I like it, are you going to tidy it up & paint it?

Weld a bracket to hold the engine, use mini moto wheels so you can run a sprocket on one, then just run a throttle cable up to the handle bar!

be mad that! but i don't think dum dum has the balls, isn't that right dum dum Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 08:41 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I like it, are you going to tidy it up & paint it?

Yeah once I've seam welded it and possibly added a couple of additional braces from the old front legs of the seat to the rear axle it going to get painted in some shade of hammerite. I think everything is going black bar the frame for which I have a feeling I saw a small tin of dark green possibly metallic hammerite.

Its not getting an engine as then there is practically nowhere you could drive it legally and it also adds a load more size/weight/complication getting it in and out the car.

(08-01-2015, 08:57 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Saw a pic of one that used a cordless drill to power it.
You can get the front wheel rebuilt with the kit for an electric bike. You can get a Chinese kit with a 1000w 48v motor that does over 30mph on a 26" bike so will probably haul ass acceleration wise with the smaller wheel but only do 20mph

(08-01-2015, 09:14 PM)procta Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 08:41 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: It needs a mini moto engine, 49cc air cooled, would be so easy to do too!

be mad that! but i don't think dum dum has the balls, isn't that right dum dum Tongue

I'm not falling for that.
Thanks given by:

He may not have balls but his girlfriends certainly do Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
all im seeing is blah blah blah....

where is the drifting trike action?!
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 09:56 AM)SRowell Wrote: all im seeing is blah blah blah....

where is the drifting trike action?!
I'm still waiting on sliders turning up so sadly no drifting action till they are here.

I have realised I have a couple of 10" dia plastic buckets so may bodge something out of them as sliders once the frame is painted.
Thanks given by:
are those sack truck trolley wheels? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Just had a thought, have you fitted the front wheel with a bearing so you can freewheel? If not you've got to continuously pedal?!

EDIT:

Didn't realise you've not fitted pedals, so you have to hope you can find a big enough hill to hope you can get enough momentum drift it?
Thanks given by:
Moar internal combustion required.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: Niall
(09-01-2015, 09:51 AM)Niall Wrote:

He may not have balls but his girlfriends certainly do Wink

I didn't know dum dum liked a bit meet and veg! you kept that quiet dum dum!
(09-01-2015, 01:52 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I want it!
get one made then you fool Tongue
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 10:17 AM)mr_fish Wrote: are those sack truck trolley wheels? Tongue

In tumbler configuration no less, therefore must go matt black.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 10:17 AM)mr_fish Wrote: are those sack truck trolley wheels? Tongue
Yep Smile

(09-01-2015, 10:28 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Just had a thought, have you fitted the front wheel with a bearing so you can freewheel? If not you've got to continuously pedal?!

EDIT:

Didn't realise you've not fitted pedals, so you have to hope you can find a big enough hill to hope you can get enough momentum drift it?
I'm not making a pedal one, they add complexity and a huge amount of cost.
I'm not short of hills here living in the Chilterns and I reckon I could of got it to drift at 10mph

(09-01-2015, 01:52 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Moar internal combustion required.
No, they are pointless with an engine as then there is nowhere to use them.

(09-01-2015, 02:50 PM)nominous Wrote:

In tumbler configuration no less, therefore must go matt black.
Yeah, I haven't painted them as I've been a tad busy but they'll go satin black when I get a chance
Thanks given by:
So its almost finished, sadly I ran out of welding wire but there isn't alot left to do really, just finish seam welding the additional bars and a bit more weld around the front seat mount so that can wait till I break something or have some more welding wire.

So as I wont finish the welding any time soon I cracked on with painting it. I decided that after a base of hammerite that it was going blue. It had 2 coats of china blue I had lying around then a top coat of this lovely bluey purple metallic.

Sadly the top coats dried alot faster than the base and I have f*cked the paint in places when i went to start building it as she felt dry.

Anyway the front wheel and headset have been rebuilt with some lovely fresh grease, the seat was given a hefty coating of satin black and the speedo and front brake cable were fitted. Need to pop out and get a new battery for the speedo then set that up.

Still waiting on sliders and finding the other handlebar grip I had here and it'll be sorted.

I'll get some hill videos saturday afternoon or sunday when the paint if dry.

[attachment=21034]
[attachment=21035]
[attachment=21036]
[attachment=21037]
[attachment=21038]
[attachment=21039]
Thanks given by:
looks good ThumbsUp

Will be interesting to see it in action!
Thanks given by:
that looks great dum dum! just need the site stickers on it on the frame and back of seat.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 04:37 PM)mr_fish Wrote: looks good ThumbsUp

Will be interesting to see it in action!
Cheers mate, should have videos Sunday as I have a mate coming out for a play Smile

(09-01-2015, 07:24 PM)procta Wrote: that looks great dum dum! just need the site stickers on it on the frame and back of seat.
Cheers buddy, got a few OC stickers kicking about, purple ones that'll kinda match the colour scheme and everything. Also got rallye stickers and various other cool stuff but TBH I kinda like it's minimalist look.
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome man!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Love it.

I will be on your case to have a go when it is finished, Wendover woods road?

May need some hay bales at the bottom?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 08:01 PM)Niall Wrote: Looks awesome man!
Cheers babe x

(09-01-2015, 08:27 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Love it.

I will be on your case to have a go when it is finished, Wendover woods road?

May need some hay bales at the bottom?

Cheers mate.

I dont think Aston hill is a great idea as the drop off the side is pretty substantial in places.

I was thinking Hastoe Lane, Cock Grove, Marlin Hill, Oddy Hill, The Twist and the environs around. Possibly Hale Lane while I'm still running on rubber as its far too rough for drifting.
Thanks given by:
Good project, nothing you can't do without a trusty welder Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 09:50 PM)DemonDriverDan Wrote: Good project, nothing you can't do without a trusty welder Big Grin
Cheers mate, somehow I used an entire 0.9kg spool of wire.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 10:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 09:50 PM)DemonDriverDan Wrote: Good project, nothing you can't do without a trusty welder Big Grin

but it don't look like a hedgehog you must have been doing something right Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 10:51 PM)cully Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 10:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

but it don't look like a hedgehog you must have been doing something right Wink

I should of taken a decent pic of the inside of the frame after I cut it open to shorten it after making it too long, the amount of penetration through the frame itself (which was the inner sleeve of the joint) was phenomenal.

I did hedgehog a couple of bits because after extended use the torch gets hot and slows the wire feed down so I turned it up on the welder then forgot and after a 15min break went back to welding and the wire was flat out.
Thanks given by:
Looka ace fella
If you got any bits left of the bmxs etc, I be keen to make a contribution and have them!!
I been wanting to make one for years and just not had the motivation!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 12:01 AM)Piggy Wrote: Looka ace fella
If you got any bits left of the bmxs etc, I be keen to make a contribution and have them!!
I been wanting to make one for years and just not had the motivation!

Back wheel, seat, seatpost, offcuts of frame and thats about it.

Nothing useful really, you'd be better off just buying a whole second hand bike.
Thanks given by:
*Awaits "i've broken my other ankle while trying to out-drift an evo" thread*
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 01:00 PM)Poodle Wrote: *Awaits "i've broken my other ankle while trying to out-drift an evo" thread*

lmao
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drift trike sammy9212 17 5,209 07-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: puglove
  Fast and Furious : Amish drift 4WayDiablo 3 1,616 17-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Last Post: ash240970
  Transit Drift Bus lols darrenjlobb 17 4,875 31-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987