new to the forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to the forum
hi guys, ive had my 306now for a few years. its a bit rat look but as it only cost me £125 I think its the best way. Mods I have done are boost gauge and waste gate turned up to boost at 15psi. lucas pump swapped for a bosch unit. LDA boost pin turned round fuel turned up and governor mod done. Rear beam has been lowered with bilstine shocks and -60mm 106 front springs (from a car I wrote off about 10 years ago) Oh yeah don't forget the home made bonnet scoop for extra flow over the intercooler haha. So far I think I have only spent about £500 on the car in the 2 years ive had it including cambelt change and the alloy wheels. Oh and the fact I can run it on veg oil from Tesco for 80p a litre means this car is probably the cheapest car ive ever had.

[img][Image: IMG_1087_zps7b6a82e2.jpg][/img]
Thanks given by:
What a beast, nice one. What kind of MPG are you getting out of it?
Thanks given by:
Haha sweet i remember that volcom logo from my skateboarding days
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I get about 600 miles to a tank but I don't tend to drive slow.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 03:08 PM)umperdunk Wrote: I get about 600 miles to a tank but I don't tend to drive slow.

600 a tank ! That a amazing! 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 03:08 PM)umperdunk Wrote: I get about 600 miles to a tank but I don't tend to drive slow.

That's awesome, I get about 630 in my HDI so very good considering yours is on veg oil as well [Image: smile.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the mad house Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
cheers its good to be here. My last diesel was a mk1 caddy I did quite a lot of work on that. was running about 160hp but I went through 4 gearboxes in the few years I had it so im not going to tune the 306 much more. maybe a 2.5" straight through just too get it spooling quicker but that's about it.

[img][Image: 2012-08-30194025.jpg][/img]
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
Looks quite cool!
15psi is about standard to be honest...get it wound up a bit!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, I ran my DT (with a Lucas pump and a T2 turbo) at about 20psi, much more responsive. As Piggy says, 15psi is pretty much standard!

I do like the "Its cheap, i dont give a f*ck" look tbh, its really beginning to suit 306's IMO. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
like I said before I don't really want to tune it much more because you just loose the reliability. I ran my caddy at 21psi and it used to get hot so fast when I was flat out. if I turn the boost up I will need a bigger exhaust.
Thanks given by: