Fitness apps: What do you use? Any good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitness apps: What do you use? Any good?
Evening chaps.

So it's that time again, new year new you and all that. 
What apps do people use to track their fitness? I'm mainly interested in cycling based ones but any and all will do. What data does the one you use record? How does it display and save it? Is the interface any good? I'm currently on the Galaxy S5 so have ANT+ capability for data.
I started getting "cuddly" many, many moons ago, and decided around July 2014 to do something about it, mainly cuz that's when cycle2work started. Was going well until bad weather set in but now I've got the turbo trainer going and new year I'm determined I will stay the course and once built my levels back up will be out whatever the weather but for now in the man cave will do but I'm suffering a terrible lack of data...... and one of my major OCD's is I NEED data.

So anyway I started with Garmin Fit both on Apple and Android. Brilliant for tracking a ride via GPS on the phones, simple interface, clearly shows distance, time, speed, laps, and lays it all over Google maps too. Got even better when switched to Android and got me a ANT+ HRM and gave a more accurate calories burned.

So now am confined to garage I've got ANT+ speed and cadence sensors but Garmin wasn't playing ball with them so without travelling GPS data was next to useless.

A lot of people round here use Strava.... But I just don't like it don't know why but deleted.

Now I'm playing with Endemondo, it has a "indoor cycling" option among numerous others, managed to get the sensors connected.....BUT. It's not recording the data I want, it's showing it, but not keeping it. I want a record of my speed, instant, over laps, and total average along with distance travelled. But even though it's receiving the data it's isnt recording it for me thus I don't know "how far" I've actually gone, and at what speed but I know it's receiving the data as I can see it during the session and it keeps the HRM data but it's not letting me review speed/distance anywhere and it's driving me nuts.
Thanks given by:
I use runkeeper from time to time, although I was looking at getting a smartwatch or smart wrist band of some kind that doesn't require carrying a bulky phone
Thanks given by:
i use a little telemetrics app called dynomaster, its great for 0-60, 1/8. 60ft and 1/4mile times.. but that's for the 306..

they also do a course telemetrics thing too, which has real time GPS tracking and split times, would be great if you want to the meter real time laps of your favourite road route etc... either i can or on velo!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I use Runkeeper when I'm out running/cycling but link in to TrainerRoad with the ANT+/Garmin sensors when I'm on the turbo trainer in the garage - it has a fantastic selection of training plans and sessions.
Thanks given by:
MapMyRide, used it for a year or so now.. Prefer it to Strava
Thanks given by:
I use runtastic, initially started just using it free on the phone but now actually bought their GPS watch and heart rate monitor as I find it to be a great training tool and I love looking at the stats from my run/bike/whatever.
Thanks given by:
I use strava, like the timed segments it keeps things abit competitive..plus it's nice to compare against previous rides ect. Used to use endomondo but it kept crashing on me.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Heres a screenshot of one of my runs on Runtastic, theres loads of extra stuff on it but the breakdown at the bottom by mile or KM is great as is the graphs and the different coloured traces on the map are great.

[attachment=20880]
Thanks given by:
MapMyRun/Walk etc and MyFitnessPal are enough for me!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
People actually use these? I thought they were just used to draw phallic symbols... lol

I'm thinking about annoying a few drivers by getting out on the bike this year, haven't ridden a bike for about 3 years so that can only end well. Will probably use one of these apps if I do. Smile
Thanks given by:
Not meaning to hijack but a relevant question on the subject....

Does anyone use a gps enabled watch or 'band' that links with either a smartphone or a pc to track runs etc? Something to negate the need to carry a smartphone
Thanks given by:
Yeah I use a runtastic GPS watch and heart rate monitor. Its good, easy to use, reliable.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Dash Cam Apps Eeyore 9 1,795 21-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  android apps cully 23 5,434 27-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Mal
  Good/ useful apps for android? kentiiboii 40 15,347 14-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Arron