Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6
Looks very nice mate. Can't wait to see the plans happening.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads! Well looks like some plans are going ahead quicker than I though, getting some new parts this weekend. If everything goes ahead as it should then there'll be some more pics up on Sunday, maybe even a video or two Wink
Thanks given by:
Got the turinis on yet? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Winnarrr!! Speak tomorrow (when were both being paid to Tongue )
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:Got the turinis on yet? Big Grin
Sadly not yet, I've been doing work on the forum instead of the car. Plus the weather's been shit [INSERT MTFU COMMENT HERE] so I've not really felt like even attempting it with the Peugeot jack, since my trolley jack and axle stands are in the coupe Doh I'll try to get them back tomorrow as I'll need them this weekend ninja

Also the turini's need washing, claying and waxing as they weren't done before they were stored so the dirt has probably bonded to the paint, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not too bad though. Once they're prepped they're going on, as they're hard enough to keep clean, they'll be worse if not waxed!
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:
Carlos182 Wrote:Got the turinis on yet? Big Grin
Sadly not yet, I've been doing work on the forum instead of the car. Plus the weather's been shit [INSERT MTFU COMMENT HERE] so I've not really felt like even attempting it with the Peugeot jack, since my trolley jack and axle stands are in the coupe Doh I'll try to get them back tomorrow as I'll need them this weekend ninja

Also the turini's need washing, claying and waxing as they weren't done before they were stored so the dirt has probably bonded to the paint, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not too bad though. Once they're prepped they're going on, as they're hard enough to keep clean, they'll be worse if not waxed!

MTFU. You can only get so wet. I wanna see them on! NOW! GOGOGO!

/5yearoldpaddy
Thanks given by:
lol

Might stick up the gazebo and do it whistle
Thanks given by:
Scott I'll bring my jack and stands over if you like?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol

Might stick up the gazebo and do it whistle

Errm I did that for my engine. Came home today to find several broken bolts and lots of bent bits of metal Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
But you don't have a winning gazebo Wink

Really though, in this wind I wouldn't see it lasting even though it's pretty damn awesome.

If you'd mind Niall that'd be great thanks bud Smile I'll get mine anyway but could make life easier if we have two sets.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:But you don't have a winning gazebo Wink

Really though, in this wind I wouldn't see it lasting even though it's pretty damn awesome.

If you'd mind Niall that'd be great thanks bud Smile I'll get mine anyway but could make life easier if we have two sets.

Mine is pretty win tbh. Just clearly the wind was more win!
Will text ya on Saturday once my cars running and running well haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Good stuff Smile As I said, if you need a hand when I'm on my way back just give me a shout. I'll be heading off fairly early morning but will be coming back to the M25 area at around 10.30/11
Thanks given by:
Ah are you down my way then? Going to pick up your ninja parts?
Tbh all I've got to do is get the water pump in, belt on, inlet on, fill it up and start it.
Also got some new front discs and pads as mine are fooked but this won't take long. Will probably be finished by the time your coming passed anyway lol. Thanks anyway.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
No worries Smile Erm well I think once I'm on the M25 it'd actually be a junction in the wrong direction, but it's all good. You've got my number so if you realise you need an extra pair of hands just send me a text. Although I may just enlist your help there and then since I'll have said ninja stuff with me lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah can do that if you like! I'm going to Ecp tomorrow afternoon so want me to pick up the parts to accompany the ninja parts for Saturday or will you be going to your local place tomorrow?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'll call my place early morning, get a price, and if ECP is cheaper and you can grab it while you're there then may as well!

Well whatever is easier mate. I can come on Saturday, or if you fancy a trip over on Sunday then that's cool too Smile
Thanks given by:
Tell ya what, get a price from your people and text me tomorrow and let me know and we will sort it then.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Change my wishbones?
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Giggidy
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some of you may have seen my thread the other day with a parcel getting delivered, I got myself some wind deflectors Smile Kim has them on her 6 and I think they look good but it's also ni e being able to open the windows a little even when it's raining.

[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Off to get some ninja parts this morning, hopefully will be fitting today of I can get hold of some other stuff, if not then with any luck I can still get it tomorrow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Judging by that last picture, fooby is there, in which case ninja parts will not be fitted. Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
lol He was here to get his wind deflectors on his way up north. Don't worry though, I fitted them for him so they were done right and didn't snap Wink
Thanks given by:
But the question is...... Did he fall over?
Hahah
Car looks good with the deflectors on, I'm thinking about them for mine, but I've got other things to finish first lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Scott I'll ring ya in a bit about the parts. Worst case we can get it done tomorrow.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Had a semi-productive weekend with the car Smile

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I ninja bought some stuff (although maybe not so ninja, I know some of you have noticed already). I saw someone was selling a magnex exhaust with decat, so jumped straight on that as mine has been blowing since I bought it and I knew it needed doing. Anyway, it was at Pug Performance in Alton (some of you may remember I have a bit of a history with them with the S16, but that's another story) so I went down to pick it up, and stopped off at Ed's house on the way back to catch up and have many cups of tea. We took a proper look at the exhaust, as I (rather stupidly) hadn't checked any part numbers on the exhaust, and lo and behold by the time I got home, Ed was phoning me to confirm our suspicions that it wasn't actually a magnex Hmm Turns out it's actually a mongoose system, which is arguably better than the magnex. I'm not too happy that they mis-sold the product to me, and I'll be letting them know they need to check part numbers a bit more carefully. Also, to you guys, be careful to get part number stamps sent over when buying something like this.

Niall and Grant were kind enough to come over today to help fit it (even though it was raining), so we popped up to Costco and grabbed an awesome pizza to set us off for the afternoon. After a few failings along the way, we had some success and got the exhaust fitted. The decat hasn't been fitted yet, as the bolts were spinning when Niall tried to remove the cat and we didn't have a cat fitting kit yet. Also the rear hanger on the exhaust seems to be out of position, so either I need a different mount or the hanger needs to be modified to fit 100% as it should.

It's not currently centred in the hole at the back, so I'll hold off posting a pic for now.
Thanks given by:
Pics or gtfo :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How many people to fit an exhaust lol...did Fooby influence this ? Lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Fecking Spanish inquisition into an exhaust lmao

Mongoose ftw though. Magnex's have shocking build quality, especially the midboxes
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been f*cked about by Pug Performance before, so I wanted to make sure I'd not got less than I'd paid for, hence the searching to the end of the earth to find out what it was. lol

Not to mention I'm just fed up of companies messing me about at the moment (there's a line of them) so I'm just arguing with every single one telling them to f*ck their couch, so wanted to know if I was adding another to the list haha.
Thanks given by:
I think before you use any company in future, you should go round in person and pull your pants down that way you will know if they intend on butt f*cking you, before you do business with them ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astor grey Xs project :) underground375 30 4,482 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Last Post: underground375
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,480 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Carlos182's Bike Build Carlos182 0 1,212 24-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Carlos182