Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6
Ed Doe Wrote:REP!! Owait, THAT's what he swapped for it....

Ha ha replied.....oh

Will stop acting like 2endeddildo now
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You know you calling me that will only bring a response and will exacerbate the situation as there is now another one for the tally...
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*ck me dildo, thats a big word!

also, scott, cant believe how straight this is, cracking find!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Well it's the colour of gods but engine of a mere mortal!!!
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks cracking does that, I'm starting to think you, Kim, Ed and Foobs have just decided to buy every '6 in Britain lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
ninja
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha, good man, you know it's right to be back in a '6. And what a '6... :drool:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looks awesome buddy, best model with one of the best colours going. Winnar
Thanks given by:
So essentially... Scott's bought a new car, and it still doesn't have a turbo on it....

BORING!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
^^^^^ lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:So essentially... Scott's bought a new car, and it still doesn't have a turbo on it....

BORING!
lol You'd hate me more if I bought a VAG though...

Cheers for the compliments Big Grin It has a couple of little niggles. Firstly the exhaust is blowing and knocking slightly, and the clutch is a little stiff, so I'll give it a try changing the cable first, if not then it'll be a clutch change down the line (don't want to end up causing more damage to mounts and bushes from excessive juddering when pulling away or engaging a gear). Also the drivers seat has a hole in the alcantara, so that will either need retrimming if I can get a good price, or a new set will need buying.

Other than that, I'm very happy with it! I'll be much happier when I've got my Turinis back on though, with the Eagle F1s, as the budgets are fairly understeer-y.

I should have the turinis on by the weekend following my cambelt change, plus a service on Sunday if I get time, then next month I'll be hoping to get it lowered after payday in time for FCS!
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:and the clutch is a little stiff, so I'll give it a try changing the cable first, if not then it'll be a clutch change down the line (don't want to end up causing more damage to mounts and bushes from excessive juddering when pulling away or engaging a gear).

Those symptoms..... they're so familiar..... now where have I heard them before? :think:
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
lol Hence me getting it done quickly if that is the case Wink
Thanks given by:
Cable probably won't help with stiffness. More than likely the clutch arm bush which is a box out job. I found a squirt of wd40 helped but only as a very short term solution.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol Hence me getting it done quickly if that is the case Wink

Yeah last thing you want is the exhaust knocking tragically every time you start/stop/rev the engine..... lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
lol yeah. If anyone happens to have a standard exhaust going cheap (or even something like a magnex ninja) then please drop me a PM! It'll need sorting fairly soon.

Plan for this weekend:

Saturday - Taking the car for the cambelt change
Sunday - cleaning/polishing/waxing turinis and fitting, possibly service Kim's car.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol yeah. If anyone happens to have a standard exhaust going cheap (or even something like a magnex ninja) then please drop me a PM! It'll need sorting fairly soon.

Plan for this weekend:

Sunday - cleaning/polishing/waxing turinis and fitting, possibly service Kim's car.
astor on astor(ish) turini's WILL be epic WIN
Thanks given by:
I'll make a cheesecake......so definitely servicing my car?

Big Grin
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:
Scott Wrote:and the clutch is a little stiff, so I'll give it a try changing the cable first, if not then it'll be a clutch change down the line (don't want to end up causing more damage to mounts and bushes from excessive juddering when pulling away or engaging a gear).

Those symptoms..... they're so familiar..... now where have I heard them before? :think:

Yeah defo wise getting it changed cos the judder can help towards snapping the welds on your cat (twice)
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:I'll make a cheesecake......so definitely servicing my car?

Big Grin
yeah kim your in for a good servicing! lol sorry couldnt resist
Thanks given by:
nice find mate. thought china was my favorate colour but might have to change my mind on that.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Scott Wrote:lol yeah. If anyone happens to have a standard exhaust going cheap (or even something like a magnex ninja) then please drop me a PM! It'll need sorting fairly soon.

Plan for this weekend:

astor on astor(ish) turini's WILL be epic WIN
Wait til when I get masks ninja

Cheers Kingy Smile

Haha that's right Chris, definitely don't want that! How long have you got Sam's welder by the way? May need a short term solution if the holes/breaks are fairly bad.
Thanks given by:
whatever 306 it is i think it should have a set of ph3 black masks (or similar colour) so thats a given
Thanks given by:
just gunna dive in... you can have the welder as long as you need really, i wont have any need for it till after my exams and that are done, so that gives you till june! lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Cheers Sam Smile Chris I may enlist your help next week to get the exhaust sorted ninja

Cambelt and aux belt were changed today. I feel much better knowing it's been done now as it was on 34k on the same belt. the aux belt was actually pretty close to snapping! Lucky I'd taken it in Smile Also the coolant was changed and the system was bled.

Turinis should be going on tomorrow Big Grin
Thanks given by:
How much did that cost you? I was going to take mine to a garage to be done but glad I didn't. It's supprisingly easy to do actually!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
£240, which is less than Lynx or CG Cars, not to mention I'd have to drive my car to either place which would add another £30-£40 to the cost in fuel.

The mechanic will hopefully be signing up here, but I'll do a quick write up tomorrow as he's n ex-Peugeot mechanic Smile
Thanks given by:
That's a good price actually for all that work! Can't grumble.

Still think you should of manned up and done it your self!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Very noice mate! love astor 6's
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks shit!!!

Only joking looks lush bud
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astor grey Xs project :) underground375 30 4,491 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Last Post: underground375
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,516 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Carlos182's Bike Build Carlos182 0 1,219 24-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Carlos182