Intake temp and Exhaust temp sensors?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intake temp and Exhaust temp sensors?
Hey all. Im thinking of fitting intake and exhaust gas temperature sensors to my car. I was thinking drill and tap the intake elbow to fit a pressure and temp sensor there.

And then drill and tap the exhaust manifold to fit an EGT sensor.

I like to keep an eye on stuff like that anyway but would it also help a mapper to figure out how far they can push safely?

Cheers guys [Image: biggrin.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes it would help the mapper.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I love what people do be musing on Christmas day Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Lovely. And haha yeah just came to me. I was sat waiting for Christmas lunch after finishing off a couple of packs of sweets so thought I would do a little bit of research.
Thanks given by:
In my opinion they do help when setting it up if you're pushing it quite far and maybe above a normal stage 2. If it's a normal stage 1 / stage 2 map then it isn't really essential.
What they are good for is looking after your engine/turbo when you're doing long full power runs up a hill etc, or loaded up with a full car, or prolonged enthusiastic driving, you can quickly see if it's getting hot and back off the power.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Tbf that was what I was thinking. Its always nice to know when your going that little bit too far with it haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  reducing warm up time and increacing cold day running temp madmadmax 8 3,372 26-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  best way to clean temp sensor contacts pug306driver 3 1,473 20-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Oil temp and pressure gauges Slam Wagon 15 2,976 10-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon