9mm vs 11mm pumps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9mm vs 11mm pumps
No one here has issues with fuel... nor does anyone take their cars above 5.5...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:No one here has issues with fuel... nor does anyone take their cars above 5.5...
i did once then shat a brick and changed gear haha
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
People should stop being girls about that :p
Thanks given by:
con67 Wrote:
padge Wrote:My mate made 161.2bhp and 238lbs on a 9mm just turned up and t25 at rs tuning
I ran 166bhp iirc and 245 pounds iirc on a standard 9mm turned up and bigger turbo....

I may open a can of worms here.........I done one very, very simple 'bolt on' mod and although never dyno'd it again it pulled ok 6 after (4.5-5 before) and I could make smoke again, easily a 15-20hp bolt on......if youve the air and exhaust flow......heres how it went and sounded after though it was winded down abit before these vids for smoke reasons:

You're a bad man Connor teasing people like that lol

If you dont want to fit an 11mm pump then the mod con did will allow the 9mm to flow plenty more fuel, and probably retain more of the revability of the 9mm. Can also be done with pump on the car, altough you would want to be doing advance mod and gov at the same time so pump would be off anyway.
Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:con, did you run defilter? and we al know this bolt on mod was fuel magnets.

was it??????
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
iirc, he got two magnets from broken FLI subs.. ninja
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Seriously though, what was this 'mod' Con has done?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Seriously though, what was this 'mod' Con has done?

search the vag idi tuning forums and ye shall find...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Seriously though, what was this 'mod' Con has done?

PM'd Wink
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Same goes, Having a look of the forums now, but not really any idea what to search/look for.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave and anto have given good hints and ed's told where to look, i've found stuff in an evening with less info than that, pull your fingers out! Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've been looking all day, not really seen any info about bolt on stuff though.

Then again I've only been looking on vwdiesel.net atm and google.
Thanks given by:
Take a pump apart, theres always gonna be bolt on stuff from almost every pump, like better things from one pump and better things from another, other camplates, plungers, cradles, LDA's to list a few... undertsanding what these do and why will help you pick a better one if you ever come accross another pump Wink
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:I've been looking all day, not really seen any info about bolt on stuff though.

Then again I've only been looking on vwdiesel.net atm and google.

PM'd.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Take a pump apart, theres always gonna be bolt on stuff from almost every pump, like better things from one pump and better things from another, other camplates, plungers, cradles, LDA's to list a few... undertsanding what these do and why will help you pick a better one if you ever come accross another pump Wink

Been reading plenty regarding pump mods, changes etc today.
Just to clear up terms.
Cradle - gov cradle?
Plunger - as in what most refer to as head size so 9, 10, 11mm etc?

Just a quick one are the leaver sets all a fixed length and require modification to increase travel, or do different pumps have different lengths?
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:
Dave Wrote:Take a pump apart, theres always gonna be bolt on stuff from almost every pump, like better things from one pump and better things from another, other camplates, plungers, cradles, LDA's to list a few... undertsanding what these do and why will help you pick a better one if you ever come accross another pump Wink

Been reading plenty regarding pump mods, changes etc today.
Just to clear up terms.
Cradle - gov cradle?
Plunger - as in what most refer to as head size so 9, 10, 11mm etc?

Just a quick one are the leaver sets all a fixed length and require modification to increase travel, or do different pumps have different lengths?

Cradle - Yes this is the cradle which the governor sits in. It is possible to change out the stock Bosch cradle for one from another pump, which gives you more control.

Plunger - This is the cylindrical rod which moves inside the pump head. This pushes fuel through the head and relates to it's diameter, so yes - 9,10,11mm etc. The mechanical stroke of the plunger is determined by the camplate which is further inside the pump.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Thought as much, just making sure I'm thinking of the right parts for the terms being used.
Been getting my head round how the pump actually works over the last couple of days.
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:PM'd.

No PM for me Toby? :mrgreen:
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
silverzx Wrote:
Toby Wrote:PM'd.

No PM for me Toby? :mrgreen:

& me, want to find out wtf everyone is talking about!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Might as well just post it on here public then Toby haha
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Might as well just post it on here public then Toby haha

I'd rather not, this is still a public forum and I will only advise/help people who have proven that they live for the 306 Wink

Or people who are called Phil ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Might as well just post it on here public then Toby haha

I'd rather not, this is still a public forum and I will only advise/help people who have proven that they live for the 306 Wink

Or people who are called Phil ninja
Haha good plan! Batman!
Thanks given by:
Lol why state that you've sent someone a pm.....

I dont understand all this chasing for pump modifications anyway, they fuel really well as they are with a govmod, and rev like buggery... no one has a car that maxxes rpm/fuel out...
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Lol why state that you've sent someone a pm.....

I dont understand all this chasing for pump modifications anyway, they fuel really well as they are with a govmod, and rev like buggery... no one has a car that maxxes rpm/fuel out...
Darren lobby did.
You must be forgetting that each one of ours is just as powerful as his though
Thanks given by:
Darren had silly amount of airflow, of which the pump couldnt keep up. What do you mean each one is as powerful?
Thanks given by:
Never mind lol was saying we all have exact spec as Darren so need to know these super secret mods lolololol
But writing g things out never conveys the way it is intended to be said lol
Thanks given by:
I dont get it though, they're not super secret mods, they're just things that can improve overall fuel output? Taking the pump apart you'll see that they are all simple, but for a daily setup like 90% of people, they are totally unnecessary, and would just make you smoke a hell of alot more because most peoples cars the pumps are not limiting, even then just bolting on a bigger head makes it run more fuel.
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Never mind lol was saying we all have exact spec as Darren so need to know these super secret mods lolololol
But writing g things out never conveys the way it is intended to be said lol

I can quite assure you that your pump is not the same as any pump I've ran for months lol....your pump literallly just has a gov mod done....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Why does this feel like the way tb is with mapping? :/ People keep saying that the information is freely available and is all over other forums, then why not make it all over our forum? I really dont get the secrecy, yes I appreciate that some of you guys have spent loads of time reading various forums and actually stripping pumps back ect. but most people wont have the capacity to strip a pump :/ things wont move forward if everyone keeps things to themselves or within a handful of people
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Phil was joking guys, the giveaway was the "lololololol", for future reference. Wink

Just saying people want to know for the sake of knowing and because they'd like to think that, while they're not quite on your level, maybe they're not far behind. Whereas the reality is that anyone who wants/needs to know enough will have already found out for themselves, everyone else is just nosey. Like me! Lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAI Water Pumps RAW 12 4,435 18-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Last Post: vinny
  "Cheap" new water pumps (£15) silverzx 22 6,591 11-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG
  What pumps are these? bobertmate 8 2,160 16-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Mal