Yet another what car thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another what car thread
As some of you already know im looking for a 5 door for my better half. Unable to find a five door xud that isnt a shitter. Im not saying one wont pop up but its been 2 months of searching so far. Finally she has agreed to look at other cars. She doesnt like the look of the phase 3 ones so no hdis unfortunately.

Basically we need a five soor diesel that looks nice. Has a really nice gear change. (one of her specifications). Has enough room for two kids and 2 adults with buggys.
Just to give you an idea the cars she likes driving are mk4 golfs (not enough boot space) 306 xuds and 205 xuds also classic minis. Obviously money is an issue. Finding spares or repairs cars within budget is fine as I can fix basically anything. £600 ideally I can spend more. What do you guys think??

Help!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
There's more boot space in a mk4 golf than any of the others on the list lol. Could probably get a pov spec PD90 in budget and they come looking dated like phase 2s aswell. lol

Are you on dubgen? There's often cheap local cars on there, think there's an old passat diesel unless its sold already.

There's not much for your budget though, barely anything spares/repairs worth having locally atm.
Thanks given by:
Golf boot is too small but a 205 boot isn't?

With a limited budget whatever you buy will require work. Without looking a Focus or Astra might be worth looking at.
Thanks given by:
The golf boot is the biggest on the list but a touch small for tqo buggys. The 205/306 are smaller I am aware. These are cars she used to have and enjoy driving to give people an idea what she likes.

Ill have a look on dubgen as well. Not on there yet.

We were thinking a newer focus to be fair. We have more money than 600 but want to spend as little as possible. Spares or repair car for 1000 would be acceptable dependent on what car.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
What does she not like about phase 3's?
Thanks given by:
Everything apprently. The way the front end looks. Its full of electric stuff she doesnt need. Just crap that makes no sense. I am not going to question it. She doesnt want one no point trying to change her mind.
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2014, 11:04 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Everything apprently. The way the front end looks. Its full of electric stuff she doesnt need. Just crap that makes no sense. I am not going to question it. She doesnt want one no point trying to change her mind.

So Woman logic then?
Thanks given by:
Bloke I bought my mk4 golf off sold it because it couldn't fit 2 pushchairs in :/
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2014, 10:13 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: The golf boot is the biggest on the list but a touch small for tqo buggys. The 205/306 are smaller I am aware. These are cars she used to have and enjoy driving to give people an idea what she likes.

Ill have a look on dubgen as well. Not on there yet.

We were thinking a newer focus to be fair. We have more money than 600 but want to spend as little as possible. Spares or repair car for 1000 would be acceptable dependent on what car.

I know of a spares repair Focus, 2006 Titanium 1.6 TDCi for around a grand....  Has too many electricals that make no sense I reckon though. lol

Also, that Passat has been sold now.
Thanks given by:
Electrics are easy to sort for running stuff. Wire in the bare minimum then get a mapper on here to right everything else out. May have to.look into them. Smile
Thanks given by:
No I mean it has a lot of electrical spec that your missus won't like lol. Just remembered its a 3dr though. Sad

Should be able to get a Mk1 in budget though, 1.8TDDi/TDCi, also look for a Ghia X if you can, easier to clean baby mess off leathers!
Thanks given by:
thats a goos idea. Ive finally got her looking at focus's ive got to find one nearby for her to.test drive.
Thanks given by:
Just get her to find her own car then? She clearly knows what she likes/doesn't like
Thanks given by:
Always try and help the other half though. Brownie points and all that. We now have a seat to go look at so we will see.
Thanks given by:
I'm just glad mine puts up with me changing cars every few weeks lol
Thanks given by:
406, cheap, sturdy, big.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Can probably get a late focus with the 1.8 diesel lump in it, around 03/04 plate
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yuck!

horrible engine.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the list of things I'd rather do than own a 1.8TDDi or TDCi includes watching paint dry, chewing someone else's pubic hair, nailing my balls to a desk... The list goes on.

They're slightly reliable, which is about their only plus point.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
They're also cheap to buy lol, that's the other plus point, loads of them around cheap!

However they're not fast, or cheap to run, or refined... lol
Thanks given by:
Just come across your ideal car...

5 doors, loads of boot space, spares/repair, could just about get it in budget I reckon... Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/subaru-impreza...27f2999503
Thanks given by:
Thats awesome. Probally wanot get the mpgz though. Lol. Plus lu hates scoobys. But for me.......
Thanks given by:
Mk1 Octavia TDi - drives like a golf but with added boot.

It it was me i'd be going 406 as welshpug said
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Peugeot 405 or 406
Thanks given by:
Bash

I've been finding 3 or 4 d turbo's and hdi's round are way on Gumtree.want me to link them to you??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Its ok. Lu has decided she wants to look at this vw she has found on sunday. If not she doesnt like it I may shoot myself!
Thanks given by:
Heard you got will's leon

Nice cars,hopes she's happy with it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Helps will out sorts lus problem and stops mr looking for cars. Best of both worlds Smile
Thanks given by:
Another vote for a 406 here, or maybe a 306 estate? Likely to be hard to find a phase 2 though, not many phase 2 estates around. A phase 3 L model has the phase 2 bumpers?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: