Dturbo/HDi, whats about?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Dturbo/HDi, whats about?
Been looking in the for sale thread and the 306's for sale seem to be thinning out..

Has anyone got a DT or HDi, or similar for sale. Preferably with test and subtle mods.

Cheers
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Not seen that cheap black Hdi 3dr with stg2 bits!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What happened to the 208?
Thanks given by:
^ what piggy said
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 07:27 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Been looking in the for sale thread and the 306's for sale seem to be thinning out..

Has anyone got a DT or HDi, or similar for sale. Preferably with test and subtle mods.

Cheers

(20-12-2014, 07:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: Not seen that cheap black Hdi 3dr with stg2 bits!?

lol

And the dealer, after discussing finance options, only had one finance offer which was rediculous (when i posted, he was discussing other options but didnt produce)
Thanks given by:
Ah I see. Not interested in anything in between the 306 and 208 then?
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 08:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah I see.  Not interested in anything in between the 306 and 208 then?

I was looking at the 307 also; want something fairly cheap also..

What did you have in mind?
Thanks given by:
Well definitely not a 307 tbh. lol

Depends on your budget and requirements really, it's just that obviously a new 208 is worlds apart from an old 306, so I just assumed you were after something a bit newer really.

As for 306 sales thinning out, they're getting so cheap now that most people just run them until they die, or part ex them against a new car for scrap. There are a few decent ones popping up on ebay, saw a low mileage HDi DTurbo go for ~£700 on there last week, but really not many atm!
Thanks given by:
I've got a gorgeous, highly reliable HDi estate you can have! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 10:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well definitely not a 307 tbh. lol  

Depends on your budget and requirements really, it's just that obviously a new 208 is worlds apart from an old 306, so I just assumed you were after something a bit newer really.

As for 306 sales thinning out, they're getting so cheap now that most people just run them until they die, or part ex them against a new car for scrap.  There are a few decent ones popping up on ebay, saw a low mileage HDi DTurbo go for ~£700 on there last week, but really not many atm!

It was the option of a new , NEW car, or a cheap 2nd hand car; if I was to commit to finance, it'd need to be brand new..that's all Smile

(20-12-2014, 10:16 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I've got a gorgeous, highly reliable HDi estate you can have! Big Grin

You do???
Thanks given by:
Well......yeah...err...........it's kinda reliable.....sometimes! Angel

It might have a few issues, but what 14 year old french car doesnt? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's fair enough, is what I was doing really, either brand new or cheap and old - then I ended up compromising with something half way between lol.

Not keen on any other brand new cars though? Fiesta maybe? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Fiesta ST... you know you want to Tongue Tom will agree wont you Tom Tongue 
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 11:34 PM)MY95 Wrote: Fiesta ST... you know you want to Tongue Tom will agree wont you Tom Tongue 

If there wasn't a dozen owned already around me and driven by a bunch of chavs, id consider it, but it has such an image with them... A focus if anything ...
Thanks given by:
Sod the image, fiesta st ftw... Saw one on FOC get 45 mpg this week as well! Big Grin

But if you don't want one thats fair, not sure there's much else new that I'd go for tbh.
Thanks given by:
206 not an option as half way between the two? There's shedloads of those still floating about...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
207 would be the better option than 206, could get a 110 HDi in GT trim as well. Looking at around £3.5k though.
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2014, 12:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 207 would be the better option than 206, could get a 110 HDi in GT trim as well.  Looking at around £3.5k though.

Yeh im only looking to spend around £700 - pick up an hdi 307 for that
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't go 207 1.6HDI 110, plagued with issues vs the 2.0 HDI 90, Id go and find the newest Peugeot 206 2.0HDI and have it stage 1'd or find the newest 1.6 110 16v 206 that you could find, really cheap and go to as new as 09!
But if it was me and I had the choice id be going Fiesta ST without a doubt.... yes there's a lot of them about but that's because they are brilliant cars, wouldn't put me off to be honest but its not my call
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2014, 01:34 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(21-12-2014, 12:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 207 would be the better option than 206, could get a 110 HDi in GT trim as well.  Looking at around £3.5k though.

Yeh im only looking to spend around £700 - pick up an hdi 307 for that

True but theres good reason they're cheap!  More electrical issues than 306s lol. At that price you may as well stick with a 306 imo tbh. 

(21-12-2014, 01:34 PM)MY95 Wrote: I wouldn't go 207 1.6HDI 110, plagued with issues vs the 2.0 HDI 90, Id go and find the newest Peugeot 206 2.0HDI and have it stage 1'd or find the newest 1.6 110 16v 206 that you could find, really cheap and go to as new as 09!

The DV6 really isn't that bad. Tongue
Thanks given by:
It is compared to the DW10 HDI 90 Tom Tongue Great on fuel though and nippy too as standard
Thanks given by:
Not really, its just that people don't notice the issues on a DW10.... Half of them are running on dead MAFs and dying lift pumps with sticky EGRs and crank pulleys about to collapse any minute. lol In fact there's been quite a few with snapped belts on ebay recently!

I agree DV6's can be more delicate, but service them regularly and there isn't an issue, every time you hear of carbon issues on a DV6, its due to poor servicing - either injectors are left leaking, or the DPF is left blocked, or they just don't get regular oil changes with decent oil. Get a decent one and it'll outlast a DW10. Wink
Thanks given by:
That's a fair point Tom, but if both maintained with regular service intervals it would be interesting to see which would outlast the other with both engines brand new with the same driver and journeys etc etc
Thanks given by:
That's an impossible test though... lol But I agree it would be a good one...

I have seen both engines pass 300k miles, and I really don't know which would fail first in your test. Smile
Thanks given by:
You'd spend more in maintaining the dv6 than the dw10 if wanting to reach say 200k for sure
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well if they were both 90bhp to keep it fair, there wouldn't be a DPF to break on the DV6 so I'm not sure it would cost any more tbh. Service costs seem about the same, and you'd want to do them at the same intervals (12k is too high for either engine imo). Then you'd save in fuel, tax and probably insurance on the DV6 (every DV6 car I tried came out cheaper to run than the DW10 306 lol).

If you add in an Eolys DPF (roughly '04-'09) needing changed every 75k then that would push the service costs over compared with the DW10. If I'd known I'd have kept looking for an '09 with a cDPF lol, as that seems to be the only thing that really pushes the costs up.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to be a fun sponge, but is there any chance of creating a new "DW10 vs DV6" thread? Appreciate the input, but need to focus on finding a DT or an hdi as the '6 may sell very soon.

If an admin could clean this a little also Smile
Thanks given by: