Resync RF fob

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resync RF fob
So i've tried a fair few different resync methods after searching the net but still no luck. They never worked when i bought the car and i fitted a new battery in one of the fobs today but nothing.

Is there something else i could try/need to do?
Thanks given by:
ph 3 estate......everything worked when we got it and I changed the battery in the key fobs as a precaution!! don't bloody work since....the central locking works via the key but not via the fob................
Thanks given by:
You need PP2000 as far as I remember, the re sync methods only work for the rf keys.
Thanks given by:
You can resync the keys, it says the sequence in the handbook. Something like ignition on and hold small fob button for 5 secs...

If that doesn't work it needs recoding which can only be done with PP2K.
Thanks given by:
Tom do you know how to re-code keys?
The plip for my Berlingo has never worked, I have a PP2K or galleto somewhere.

P.M if it is better.

*Shameless hijack*
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid I don't. Sad Galletto is for mapping btw, its PP2K you need.

Judging by everything else I've done with PP, it should be fairly intuitive/explanatory to code the new key tbh, but if you need help, Niall knows how to code keys I think.
Thanks given by:
I didnt think that would be in the manual, thanks will try that tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Coding keys is easy on pp2000. You need your key code that came with the car from factory. Usually a blue credit card sized card. And all keys with built in fobs with new batteries as they all have to be repaired together.

Load pp2k with wires connected to car > choose 306 then 306R > type build code > click Peugeot planet 2000 > choose ecu configuration and services > test by ecu > built in system interface (should run diagnostic on this automatically) > key programming and follow the on screen instructions exact.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I've tried the resync method in the manual but still no luck. I don't have the key code card either.
So what options am i left with?
Thanks given by:
None other than get the code from Peugeot and recode them all.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
are you trying to program immobiliser chip or just remote?

Immobiliser chip for starting needs to be done through peugeot planet, need 4 digit transponder code and all keys to be trained at once.

for remote key in ignition, ignition on, quickly press and hold lock button for 10 seconds, pull out key and it should lock unlock as normal.
If nnot working something is wrong with key transmitter
Thanks given by:
Just the remote central locking. I tried changing the battery and doing the reset procedures but to no avail.

Peugeot want £48 to reprogram the keys and £20 to get the code inc vat. 

Not sure if it's worth risking it if there could be a problem with the transmitter
Thanks given by:
http://www.remoteskeyrepairs.co.uk/ , this might help you
Thanks given by: Iceman299
If the battery in my fob is flat will it need resyncing?
Thanks given by:
I tried that after i replaced the battery. All the different methods i could find. Still starts the car fine, just annoying not having rcl
Thanks given by: