outside air temp inaccurate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outside air temp inaccurate
So ever since i bought the car its never worked properly, it always displays a temperature but lets be honest its not -23 degrees outside (thankfully).

Now i have changed the passenger mirror for another one i had spare, but still no different 

Then i swapped the actual clock unit itself in the hope that there the only two parts to make this work.
I know its not faulty wiring in the door loom otherwise it wouldnt display at all. 

Mirror and clock both spares i had and unsure of there condition just kinda hoped that i wouldnt have two faulty units. 

Anyone shed any info/light on what to check next
Cheers 
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could easily be faulty wiring. If its a broken wire causing high resistance, the temp sender will give an incorrect reading.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah true, sometimes its believable bust most of time its clearly wrong. Bit annoying really.

Will have a look at door loom, not gonna disturb it too much though incase stuffs gone brittle
Thanks given by:
Have a look for corrosion on the mirror plug your on the door loom plug.
Thanks given by:
Good shout dee, will have a look there too
Thanks given by:
open the passenger door with the ignition on to see if the value changes if it does its a good indication of the door loom fractured but not broken
Thanks given by:
Soo....

[Image: DSC_0621.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yup that would do it Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inaccurate fuel gauge. Pebbles167 6 1,643 23-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Dangti6