Goodbye 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye 306
As some of you may know I've traded in the 306 as there were a few things starting to go wrong which was a shame for a 90k hdi, but I thought I would share some photos of the new wagon

Old [Image: ad69ce73eeadff49f1dc9e816be18920.jpg]

[Image: db296cc1f60ec444326d772b9f17f9f8.jpg]

New

[Image: 0e26e657853d608b702a83ffb0d0c575.jpg]

[Image: 5506388f4a3a80a2d28bf19c533e7064.jpg]

1.6 e-hdi with all the bells and whistles,
I do kind of miss the 306 so there may be a little project coming to these forums after Xmas Smile

Hate away Wink
Thanks given by:
One thread is enough lol. Tongue

Very nice though! Do like these!
Thanks given by:
I'm aware I may have posted this about 20x, my phone said it couldn't connect so apologies to admin in advance
Thanks given by:
These are a nice place to be inside, everything seems a bit.... fat?... though. How does it drive?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Removed your duplicates. Wink

Fair play to you, still stuck with french though i see? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think it's the same engine as what's in your focus Tom!,

It's a wonderful place to be poodle but I know what you mean about things being sort of fat and bubbly, I think that's a bit of a trait with all new cars though Tbh it drives absolutely wonderfully though it does have a little excess road noise but I'm gonna put that down to the fact it's a sport and the low profile tyres, but in terms of comfort and ease to drive it scores extremely highly but when you want to hoon it around it does have the power and the handling required

Thanks wingnutz, yeah the French seem to get things right styling wise although it was a toss up between this and a scirocco but for the same year and miles the price was just a little steep for me to stomach on the scirroco
Thanks given by:
If I was going to have a French hatch the ds3 would be high up the list. The hdi looked mint though. What was even wrong with it?
Thanks given by:
Similar engine, has been tweaked since the focus one, you'll have a lifetime DPF as well, no eolys shite! What's the power on them, I only really looked into the petrols lol.
Thanks given by:
Looks cool,can they be tuned?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
You might remember at the end of season expo Sam we were looking at the engine mount, a week or 2 later, we took it out and found the cradle to be cracked so we welded a plate in but because it had been like that for a while it had actually cracked out so we welded a plate in but it wasn't enough to hold so we welded the mount directly to the side of the cradle haha "pikey", but ideally it wanted the whole lot grinding out and welding new in, so that was the main reason but it also needed 2 new top mounts and brakes and droplinks so apart from the mount not a lot really but I'd lost the love at that point.

I didn't know they did different dpfs I just automatically thought it would be eolys Smile, power output is 115hp and 200lb/ft but apparently it has an overboost function for +3bhp and +30lb/ft it goes really well for what it is but suprisingly they don't really weigh that much,

Yes they can be tuned apparently a stage 1 will take you to around 150hp but people have been experimenting with hybridising the gt17 internals onto the gt12 housing which I could imagine would be pretty epic with the right mapping
Thanks given by:
Yeah, for the Euro 5 emmisions (2009) the Eolys DPF wasn't good enough and was replaced with a coated DPF like VAGs.

115bhp isn't bad tbh, mines 109bhp technically, think they could've pushed it a bit more by now though. And yeah mine has the 'safe' overboost as well, think all DV6s do, the low down torque for overtakes is epic, it does lack a bit top end, cant have it both ways though!
Thanks given by:
Ahh that's good to know! Had already tried to price up how much replacing the fluid would cost haha, they did a 110 in the ds3 too but this has the stop/start so its 115, so they must have revised the mapping on the newer ones, the low down torque is really nice but mine seems to still have the go top end too? Whether that's the mapping changes I dunno, do you find turbo lag a bit of an issue on yours? seems a bit crazy for a gt12 but takes a few seconds to go
Thanks given by:
what exhaust is that?
Thanks given by:
It was a full powerflow stainless going to a very small backbox made a really nice noise Tbh
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2014, 01:54 PM)deggerz Wrote: It was a full powerflow stainless going to a very small backbox made a really nice noise Tbh

was it made up or can you buy them off the shelf?
Thanks given by:
The ds3 is very nice car, took it out for a little drive my self and it is very nice.
Very different to a 306... :-)
Still prefer my gti6 though :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2014, 01:21 PM)deggerz Wrote: Ahh that's good to know! Had already tried to price up how much replacing the fluid would cost haha, they did a 110 in the ds3 too but this has the stop/start so its 115, so they must have revised the mapping on the newer ones, the low down torque is really nice but mine seems to still have the go top end too? Whether that's the mapping changes I dunno,  do you find turbo lag a bit of an issue on yours? seems a bit crazy for a gt12 but takes a few seconds to go

GT12?  Its a GT1544v afaik, or atleast mine is lol, you'd need a magnifying glass for a GT12. Tongue  Nope, don't really have any lag at all, much nicer than the HDi in that way lol.  My problem is 70 in 5th, go for an overtake but you're already ~500rpm past max torque so it doesn't pick up as quick as I'd like, if it had a 6th that'd probably be more effective as from 60 in 5th you get a much better pull.  That said, the DS3 may be 6 speed anyway?
Thanks given by:
Having driven DS3's I think you've had a lovely downgrade!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I think it's an off the shelf item procta,

Yeah mines the 6 speed Tom, it's weird that as mine has the gt1244vz mines sits at around 1500rpm at 70 and that's where its best if I'm honest it accelerates lovely, I just struggle with a bit off lag when I put my toe down,

How do you class it as a downgrade zx? It's spot on for a daily although I do miss the rawness of a 306 I'm looking to buy a tuned xud atm just as a piss about with sort of thing Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, that's good then, not sure why they never put a 6 speed in the DV6 Mk2.5 Focus, only got a 6th on the DW10 equivalent. Sad

I stand corrected then, GT12 must be tiny though lol! Also, this will be an 8 valve as well, compared to my 16v, wonder if theres much real world difference. Max torque is at 1750rpm in mine, 3rd gear pull from around 1500rpm under there is surprisingly quick despite the obvious poor power to weight ratio. Are you sure its turbo lag and not just an ECU delay, like its thinking 'shit, no I wont let you chuck out all those emmisions'...'I'll find a compromise'...
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 09:57 AM)deggerz Wrote: I think it's an off the shelf item procta,

Yeah mines the 6 speed Tom, it's weird that as mine has the gt1244vz mines sits at around 1500rpm at 70 and that's where its best if I'm honest it accelerates lovely, I just struggle with a bit off lag when I put my toe down,

How do you class it as a downgrade zx? It's spot on for a daily although I do miss the rawness of a 306 I'm looking to buy a tuned xud atm just as a piss about with sort of thing Smile

The build quality is quite poor from what I've seen. Also from the times I've driven them (albeit the 1.6 petrol) they're just sluggish, lack of response from steering, interior is very plastic, road noise is quite high, visbility is poor.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Got to agree with Trent tbh, the very short distance i drove one (out of the yard and onto the mot ramp lol) it just felt like any other c3, except less comfortable suspension lol. Tbf though the numb steering and poor visibility is a new car thing, it's the massive pillars they need for all the crash protection and electric pas for emissions. As new cars go i quite like these, despite all the gimmicks.

The lag is more likely to be drivetrain protection tbh, those little turbos could give chronic boost at 800rpm if the ecu would let it, but that would destroy clutches, etc. It's pretty much the same on all the dv6s i've seen.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looks a nice motor but shame about the 3-oh! Sounds like an afternoons work!?
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the late response, I believe it is the 8v Tom, my power comes on at about the same time as yours and it does really move along quickly but as yours 3rd is has really nice pull from around 20-70, I think your right about the ecu though it does seem to hold back thinking hmm let me check this this and this yeah that's fine this is the amount of power you can have at this altitude temperature etc etc, silverzx I can't say I've any complaint about the build quality particularly mines got the carbon interior and the leathers are like a bucket seat compromise to be honest, road noise I do agree is a tad high but I'm putting that down to the low profile tyres and sport suspension I've drove the equivalent c3 and the ride and noise was much better, I've got the 1.6 atm as a courtesy car and it goes but you have to absolutely ring it's neck the derv picks up much better and is much more refined imho, as poodle has said the steering and visibility is pretty much across the board now although in the later cars the steering does get much heavier the faster you go and it really does inspire confidence in the twisties, I've had Kent gripping on for dear life he couldn't believe how well it holds the road Smile
Thanks given by:
Hired one of these and was pleasantly surprised, from the outset I thought we were going to be driving some kind of imitation MINI but it was really rather good. Got some pretty good MPG (49 iirc) and it did accelerate well - like you say they are quite lightweight for a modern car.

Wouldn't have one personally, they just look a bit too shouty if that makes sense, and the wheels look too fussy. But all in all you could have done a lot worse and I'm sure it's a much nicer place to be than a rattly old 306!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Fair play, if your happy with it that's all that matters. Would be interested to see how the Diesels go.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye 306 ownership.. cwspellowe 46 16,713 23-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe