bypassing fuel filter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bypassing fuel filter
Thumbs Down 
How do I go about it? Pretty sure my fuel filter housing is leaking air so want to sack it off. What do I do, just join the fuel in and out pipes or should I put a inline filter in? And best to go for and beat way to go about it?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
For an emergency fix can just join the pipes, wouldn't do that long term though, inline will be better but make sure its one the right size/enough flow.
Thanks given by:
It's not hard to bust the air leaks on the fuel filter housing.

The O-ring at the bottom occasionally causes issues.
The white thermostat whatsit leaks aire
Air leaks in between the lid and the housing.

Just take it off, clean it up with brake cleaner and go to town with silicone.
Thanks given by:
It's a pita to start everytime I need to go to work. Won't be able to get another housing for like a week but that coukr be the exact same.

Just going to convert to an inline filter. I seem to remember something about a tt filter ?
Thanks given by:
Yes. TT filter. Go for it.
Thanks given by:
Don't need another housing just need to sort your current one out.
Easy job to do one evening after work done it myself.

There's one bolt holding the housing to the car, and the 4 hex bolts holding the lid on.

Take it off, de-grease it, cover it in silicone and leave it to dry over night.
In the morning just attach the fuel hose to it and prime the system.
Thanks given by:
TT filter diesel specific? Or will a 3.2 petrol one do?

i would sort the current housing but this is the second time in a week I've "sorted" it lol
Thanks given by:
3.2 petrol is the one I believe people use
Thanks given by:
I had the same issue and put a universal filter in line as a temporary measure.

This

It ran perfect, even on Veg oil and it ended up being a permanent filter as i never got round to fixing the original.
Thanks given by:
Those filters have gotta be mega restrictive specially on veg
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I thought it would be, but it didn't effect it at all. Ran for around 6 months with that filter on. Granted it was a stock non tuned motor.
Thanks given by:
[Image: !B8dQf!gCWk~%24%28KGrHqYOKpYEy+jCzKnEBM3FB...w~~_12.JPG]

I use one of these as a pre filter before any heaters. It can be cut for 8mm or 10mm hose.
It catches the large crap from the tank that veg can disturb and stuff that might drop in whilst filling her up.

I'll get a pic of an old one, from where the tank should have output all the crap (even tho a plastic tank) and it's still catching random stuff.
Pack of 6? was a tenner shipped.
Thanks given by:
They seem like a better idea. Specially if they are 10 mm
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
It's only a pre filter tho. Gets the bits out. still need a smaller micron filter, so use the TT one.
Thanks given by:
TT ones are 6\7 quid a piece though and running veg changing filters all the time. I may find a cheaper alternative. I am looking.
Thanks given by:
Will they be much of a difference running the tt filter what benifits will you get from it ?
Thanks given by:
You dont get a performance benefit. Its so the standard housing wont leak which is really common. Specially if your running veg. Just makes life easier. I know my housing leaks a little.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting them locally for a fiver in singles.
I can ask them for say ten and see if there is a discount with postage ?

Inlines make a lot of sense to me. The pipes are easy to check and easy to tighten down and more importantly periodically replace (especially if heating and they are cycling).
Tho I'm buying hose (ebay) rated to 130C for the next spot of plumbing. It's not that much more.
Thanks given by:
Ill ask my motor factor today. We spend 6 grand a month with them. Might even get em for free. That was an ebay price I quoted last night while I couldnt call em.

On another note has anyone got a linky link for cheap 10mm fuel line?? One thing I cant get discounted
Thanks given by:
10mm fuel lines and inline will be a beauty. It's on my Xmas list aha
Thanks given by:
Tbh I don't use inline, I just replace seals in the standard housing and mod the stat...i can understand people can't be bothered but it's really not too difficult, best to take it off the car though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Swarf In Fuel Filter Housing jordanhdi 11 2,307 26-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Removing the fuel filter housing, but what is this behind it? Iaitoo 2 1,474 27-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Drove 150+ miles with clogged fuel filter - now won't start mikes 21 3,640 13-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Last Post: mikes