Replacing solid brake lines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing solid brake lines
Hi All,

May need to replace some of the brake pipes on the estate. Is this right stuff?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291009100521?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If not can anyone recommend what joiners, diameter and length are needed etc?

Thanks
Sam
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats fine. Personally I use the copper nickel stuff. Bit harder to bend but easier to route and doesnt go green. The connections you need may vary. There are two connections on the back that are pug / citron exclusive. You could always refuse old connections. I picked up a box like this for about 5 quid each from jayar.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You'll need a flare tool too to flare the ends of the copper pipe. Decent flare tools are not cheap, but will last a lifetime. Cheap ones are shite, but prob ok for one off use on copper.

Not sure on the stuff you linked as is imperial? Again flare tools will prob come in either metric or imperial

Have you a motorfactor near you? Might be easier to pop in and ask

Copper pipe is the easiest to work with, although kunifer (cupro nickel) might be a better option as its a better material.
Thanks given by:
These
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 11:10 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: These

are these the ones that are peugeot/citroen exclusive or are these just general joints used elsewhere in the car? What size are they? link? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Just bought one of those kits yesterday as deleting ABS on Nissan and plumbing in hydro.

They'll do fine.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Them kits are just standard male and female. Fit everything else on the pugs. No links got the from factors.
Thanks given by:
Which are specific on 306s? I did the front to rear pipes on my HDi with the Halfords unions.

I also have a flaring tool, not cheap shite but not expensive either so copper pipe is easier to work with! Smile
Thanks given by:
The ones right on the back axle. Big ones. They can be replaced with normal connections though
Thanks given by:
Hmm, either I mashed in the wrong size or completely replaced them then! lol

But now I think of it that was the recon beam with my brake pipe spaghetti lol so they were probably already replaced tbh.
Thanks given by:
Anyone link to a box of those bits??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
just search male/female m10x1 brake unions. You usally buy them in packs of 25.
Thanks given by:
Brill.
Just got 25ft of copper line and 10 male and 10 female for£10.75 posted ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The 'Peugeot specific ones' are just double flared. IMO I would replace with double flared again. It provides a better seal.

As Stefan correctly says, any M10x1 unions will be fine Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Braided Brake Lines TommiePuglet 0 1,419 21-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Last Post: TommiePuglet
  Disconnecting rear brake lines at the front Iaitoo 21 3,976 04-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Rallye Rear Brake Lines Eeyore 20 3,124 30-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Last Post: RetroPug