Xud11 boost help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xud11 boost help
Hi there all I'm just wondering what is a safe pressure to be running in and xud 11 on stock internals as  this is my first time with the 2.1 lump and don't k ow to weaknesses etc thanks 
Thanks given by:
Ask piggy or dum dum but afaik internals should be fine on a stock blower Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's a gearbox mounted td04L running 24psi atm I know it will take more but not shore how much more 
Thanks given by:
step1: rip that CRAPPY turbo off that engine. Its a rubbish turbo for the purpose and even worse for the 2.1 that doesnt like to rev.

step2: chuck that crappy old turbo in the bin.

step3: fit a modern turbo.

step4: run 28psi of boost, make over 220bhp and 350ft lbs of torque and then start finding a clutch to accept all that power ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Calculation for working out safe XUD11 boost:

Boost piggy runs - 5psi = safe boost

Or,

Boost piggy runs + big stock of replacement head bolts = pushing your luck

Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I had no issues up to 25psi and ran most of the time just above 20psi from about 2000-5000rpm

Boost is just half the issue, its flow you want to worry about, a big turbo will often flow more air at the same psi than a little one on these engines as it removes alot of the restriction.

I agree with piggy, these engines aren't exactly rev happy, you may find it goes alot better with a modern turbo. Piggys figures speak for themselves about the strength of these engines and I'm sure mine would of got there power wise without issue as at about 200bhp it felt remarkably untroubled
Thanks given by:
Hahahaha. Love you dumdum for assuming yours had 200bhp Tongue

Aye you will start lifting the head with a better flowing turbo to be honest. But fitting ARPs is SO worth it!

Also a GTB at 25psi and you can cool ya drink on the inlet...I bet a td04 you'll find its toasty!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks so what turbo would u recommend for the job thanks 
Thanks given by:
If only someone donated a fiver to the forum everytime that question was asked on this forum!!

Whats your budget, skill and target/goal?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 10:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: Hahahaha. Love you dumdum for assuming yours had 200bhp Tongue
Dyno'd at over 180bhp mate in it's new home making about 60lb/ft less and bringing the boost in about 1000rpm later. With the torque curve I estimate it had 200bhp was bloody close.

(10-12-2014, 08:34 AM)Cbray2003 Wrote: Ok thanks so what turbo would u recommend for the job thanks 
As piggy says that depends

If you are on a real budget a GT2056
If your not so budgeted a GT2060
If you can work out how to mechanically control a VNT then a GT2359V like I had off a merc 320cdi
If you can work out how to electronically control a VNT then one of the really modern ones a GT2260V off one of the new BMWs

If you really want a talking point then the twin turbo set up off one of the modern BMW or Merc diesels would be incredible.
Thanks given by:
Ok well budget is pritty flexible and aiming for 200bhp mark and I'd be happy there for time being and I I'm pritty well brained when building engines and things so give what ever a pritty gd go and like the sound of the twin turbo could be an idea 
Thanks given by:
GTB2056vlk.

Job jobbed.

@dumdum when did you Dyno the 2.1?!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 03:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: @dumdum when did you Dyno the 2.1?!?!

I never did, the new owner did, I'll see if I can dig out a link.

I was bringing in the boost (and thus the power) a whole lot earlier (like 1000-1500rpm earlier but the important figure is I was slipping a nearly new valeo clutch and thats 280lb/ft and it was a good way up the rev range. Even if you say it was only 260lb/ft, a perfectly reasonable figure to be making on this engine with a VNT that size 260lb/ft at 4k is a nats whisker off 200bhp

The graph it ATW figures, ATF is at the bottom.
[attachment=20583]
Thanks given by:
Is that a king edward you used to take that pic!?

Didnt realise you were running an11mm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 05:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Didnt realise you were running an11mm

It wasn't Wink

But then we all know you don't need an 11mm to make 200bhp and it was smoking on the dyno but i was running her clean.
Thanks given by:
Indeed not on the xud9 but we all know how extensively modded that pump was... I am suspicous of being able to supply a higher capacity engine with enough fuel for 200bhp from a 9mm.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lower height pistons xud11 of 1 mm niciou 3 5,229 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: niciou
  How To - 2.1TD Swap / XUD11 Fitting Dum-Dum 101 94,740 28-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rachaeljf
Wink The judge and its xud11 Sambo the bodger 37 14,355 24-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard