Bosch pump problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump problem
So I've read threw the threads and think from what ive read I may have done something to the gov so here's what I've done 

I had a bend throttle arm from way back but today I thought would change it as didn't look to clever and on undoing it I struggled abit to get it off the shaft and the shaft lifted with it when came off and I never gave it a thought just pushed it back put new arm on and now got problems it revs fine but the revs either stay where reved to our increase and won't die bck down put on tick over its really lumpy what do people think could be I think gov damage or moved maybe any help much appreciated and if need wrighting clearer I'll try my best thanks 
Thanks given by:
did you mark the shaft to the throttle arm position?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea I did that 
Thanks given by:
Does sound like the gov or cradle isnt sat right.

May have to whip the hat off to investigate
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea that's my thoughts for today haha there shouldnt be anything goin to fly out or drop inside is there 
Thanks given by:
Erm. Maybe a small spring or two if something has popped or you dont quite remove the cold start internal spring carefully.

Just have a magnet handy in case you do!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ok that sounds like a plan will there be diesel everywhere when take top off or not never taken one apart in a car always been on bench 
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 09:13 AM)Cbray2003 Wrote: Ok that sounds like a plan will there be diesel everywhere when take top off or not never taken one apart in a car always been on bench 

there won't be loads mate, just put a rag round the pump to catch any spillage Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks I'll get it apart in a bit and see what's goin on 
Thanks given by:
If you remove the throttle cable then manual move the arm with the engine off it should ping back firmly when you let go. Not weedy, proper strong resistance.
If it aint, you've got the springs around the arm in the wrong place.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,456 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,995 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby