heating problem?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heating problem?
iv got a problem with my heating my blowers are only barely warm and temp gauge is just over a quarter, car don't overheat but my coolant light comes on every week and water needs topping up

any ideas
Thanks given by:
matrix leak would be my guess.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
the water pipes behind engine are only warm too, how can I check matrix and any chance it could be head gasket etc
Thanks given by:
Yeah is it getting steamy inside?
If not, could well be two issues. You may have a leak somewhere and a faulty thermostat.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
steamy inside?
Thanks given by:
Yeah do you find the windscreen steams up inside? Or are either of the front footwells damp?

I highly doubt its a HG. If its going to do anything temperature wise with a HG, it will over heat. Not cool down.

Also don't forget its been a lot cooler over the past few weeks so it could just be a coincidence you've noticed the cooler running and noticed a leak
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Dampness/misty windows.

If your losing water and topping it up, likely air is getting in which doesnt help heater pipes or the engine.

Try filling it up and bleed the system, see if heaters return. If they do, you got air getting in, which means water getting out!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
haven't noticed damp foot well and its freezing with no heating lol
Thanks given by:
It could be a leak on the engine side, if theres no water in the matrix it won't heat obviously, doesn't mean its that that's leaking though!! Check the whole cooling system if you can see it, just follow the water pipes its pretty obvious where they go. Also park over a bit of dry cardboard, if nothing appears over night try idling/revving over the card - if nothing still appears, well, cross that bridge when you get there lol.

I assume you've checked the oil to make sure the water isn't going in there lol?
Thanks given by:
***update***

I have noticed some drips of water on passenger mat and on passenger side of centre console and under glovebox near fan controls is a little wet
Thanks given by:
It's heater matrix then, £20 for the part and lots of fun fitting it lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
how easy is the heater matrix to replace?
Thanks given by:
Not difficult.
Just very long winded.

Dash out. Replace matrix, swear for an hour at getting matrix pipes through bulkhead, refit dash
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
isn't the matrix like a small rad near glove box?
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2014, 03:56 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: isn't the matrix like a small rad near glove box?

yes that's exactly what it is, still need to take dash out though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heating oil tuttyboy84 17 2,885 04-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Martin306
  HDI not heating LeeroyNI 22 3,899 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: rd070707