Partner/206 Speedo Swap?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partner/206 Speedo Swap?
Hi Folks

The speedo on my 2001 M49 Partner combi hasn't worked since I bought it last month. The milometer and trip both work correctly though so I'm guessing that it's the actual speedometer that's at fault.
Now my local breakers yard hasn't got a Partner with an electronic speedo, but they have got a few 206's in there.
The plugs appear to be the same size from what I remember mine to be when I had the dash out (to do the heater matrix), so I was wondering if it's possible to either use the whole 206 instrument panel (I know the cowl is different to the partner one) or will the actual speedometer from the 206 dash fit/connect into my dash?

Thanks in advance
Will
Thanks given by:
Forget the last bit about using the actual speedo (unless you know otherwise) as I can now see they're completely different.
But still wondering if the dash itself would work as a complete unit.
Thanks given by:
Right, my van currently has this style instrument panel/dash,

[attachment=20697]

and I picked up this style dash from a 206 in the local scrappy,

[attachment=20696]

Both have 2x connectors on the back and even though I haven't tried it as yet, the sockets on the back look the same as the ones on my dash, from what I can remember.

I know the 206 surround is a different shape to the one on mine, but if the connections are compatible, then I'll 'make it fit' as far as the surround is concerned.

Any thoughts?
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure that my van has the lower unit installed.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Been out in it this morning and the bottom clocks are 100% the same as in my mk2 Berlingo.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Danny, I thought the bottom ones were the same as a Mk2 Berlingo/Partner.
Mine is a Mk1 though and I don't know if there's a difference in the dashboard/instrument panel wiring between the Mk1 and Mk2.
I'm reluctant to just plug it in and try it, in case it blows the ECU or anything else. This vehicle is my daily driver and I can't afford for it to be off the road.

Thank you anyway.
Thanks given by: