New forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New forum
What has Ruan's phone got to do with the bug he's having on his PC browser?! Huh
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh. I thought it was his fone. Doh

He's a wiz kid with stuff like that...fix it yaself lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Similar issue not as bad on my phone (chrome browser)

[attachment=20564]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The smilie issue is a really weird one! When you use one, its using an image from a location like forum/images/heart.png which is correct but when it shows on the side bar like that, its looking for the image in forum/forum/images/heart.png. If we remove the extra forum/ then it shows in the side bar but won't show in the text field because the text field is now looking for /images/heart.png.

Confusing forum is confusing.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Can you see its also like cutting off part of the smilie board
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 01:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nathan I've had a brief play with your sig and both are 600x200. I like using paint.net for photo editing, its free to download online and very easy to use.

Thanks mate! Smile I completely missed this reply because the notification thing is missing :/ 
Thanks given by:
Loving the new skins whoever did them but would it be possible to have a black one too. Also dark blue is a far lighter colour than china and not very blue, if anything its more cosmos grey.

Cheers for sorting them so quick, is there any way I can help to get one made thats got a whole lot less white / blank space on it pretty please

(09-12-2014, 09:31 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 01:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nathan I've had a brief play with your sig and both are 600x200. I like using paint.net for photo editing, its free to download online and very easy to use.

Thanks mate! Smile I completely missed this reply because the notification thing is missing :/ 

No worries babe

Oh and on the subject of notifications there is no alerts thing in the top left any more for new rep or PMs
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 09:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Loving the new skins whoever did them but would it be possible to have a black one too. Also dark blue is a far lighter colour than china and not very blue, if anything its more cosmos grey.

Cheers for sorting them so quick, is there any way I can help to get one made thats got a whole lot less white / blank space on it pretty please

Its not as simple as that unfortunately. We can find skins to download but they never work with all plugins without a fair bit of manual coding. So that would mean if all the plugins display correctly on this theme for me, if you were using one of the additional themes we could download and install, some plugins may fail or do some really strange things!
What we are doing is using the basic theme which is fully compatible then just editing the colours in the CSS sheet. I could do that to add/change some colours in a copy for you but would have to spend a while reminding my self CSS. Its been bloody years since I've done any and in all honesty, its not a priority right now. I will add it to the list though for later down the line.

(09-12-2014, 01:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No worries babe

Oh and on the subject of notifications there is no alerts thing in the top left any more for new rep or PMs

No we did cover that in another thread. That was a plugin that is no longer compatible with this forum (which is a good thing but gets a bit confusing so won't get into that), but we are keeping an eye out for a replacement so it will be replaced!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
No it's fine mate, I do understand the difficulties of swapping themes as they dont all work with all the plugins and I assume very few people use them anyway so you might not find out about bugs for ages with them.

China is a winner for now thanks Big Grin
Thanks given by: Niall
Next issue for you guys, all the links in the guides section index thread appear to be broken, I just get "404 not found" when clicking on them
Thanks given by:
yeh someone has already raised that in the bugs section.
Thanks given by:
Upload is bloody slow for some reason...
Then this happens:

[attachment=20624]

Even though there was no pics in that post

Its just that thread/post!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Also why do peoples locations no longer show up?

Actually while we are there could peoples locations be used to actually update the map of where we are thing
Thanks given by:
Locations i can turn back on Smile Its in your profile, just not in the bar at the side. For some reason its turned its self off lol

Ill have to look into that. I highly doubt we could use them to update the Google maps map we have but there may be an plugin out there we could make work.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There we go, done. Ive also made it compulsory for people to have to give their location when they sign up
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Winner mate. Obviously it wont stop the ones that just say "here" but it helps.

Good luck looking for the map plugin LOL Smile
Thanks given by:
Still got same issue with this upload thingy...doesnt like more than one pic...

[attachment=20727]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: