Non-a/c belt setup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-a/c belt setup
Right been having a few issues with my belt on my hdi
.. I removed the a/c compressor and the guide pulley so all I have left is crank alt pas and tensioner... 

I've been running a 6pk1165 belt for a while and I've noticed a loud ticking as though the belt was jumping... 

Took the belt off and found big chunks missing... also if it gets wet the battery warning light comes on for a second or 2.. I think it slips...

I've made sure all the pulleys are clean and still the same.. so today at work I decided to change the belt...

I only had a 6pk1148 avaliable with everywhere been closed... I've got it on.. abit of a tight fit though and auto tensioner was having to be pushed well back but it's gone on and cured the noise...

My question is.. will the 6pk1148 be too small seeing as it was originally a 6pk1165 or do you rekon the 6pk1165 was abit big causing it to break chunks off it and slip if wet?

Hopefully someone will have done something similar Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have answered your own question?!

Long belt was noisy and slipped
Shorter belt fitted and has cured the problems

?!? Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Guess your right.. just thought I'd walk a post up incase someone else has used a similar sized shorter belt and it's shredded with being too small
Thanks given by:
You might want to see this post by Tom. This looks the best way IMO.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...#pid490721
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd personally keep the guide pulley. That belt is probably ok though, as long as its not whining it shouldn't be too tight.
Thanks given by: