EGR blanking off?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR blanking off?
Does anyone know how to access the EGR to blank it off? I have the 2.0 HDi and the engines in them are slightly angled towards the bulk head would this mean i need to take off the engine mounts and rock the engine forward to gain access as it is quite tight down there?
Thanks given by:
check out the guides section
i did this from above and blanked the elbow on the inlet Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=13047
Thanks given by:
I did the one in my girlfriends 206 HDI today.

You don't need to move the engine forward at all to blank the inlet only if you remove the whole system.
Thanks given by:
I just looked at cully guide but i don't know where the vacum pipes are located, bloody crowded engine bays !
Thanks given by:
Vacuum pipes and solenoids are on the drivers side suspension tower.
Thanks given by:
What year is your car?
Thanks given by:
Dee turbo did you make your blanking plate or buy one??
Thanks given by:
I made one today out of 1mm ally sheet.

[Image: DSCN3852_zps8cd0b304.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What did you use as gasket?
Thanks given by:
I replaced the elbow gasket with a new one but forgot to get one for the blank so I just sealed it with silicone as I won't be taking that off again.
Thanks given by:
When i replaced the elbow gasket it failed got any tips as im doing it tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Just make sure you get all the old gasket off, clean any oil or grease of the mating surfaces with some solvents and maybe use a bit of gasket sealant on the surfaces.
Thanks given by:
Will do pal, i found it a pig of a job the first time im hoping it goes better this time round
Thanks given by:
The first time is all ways a pain. No doubt you'll find it easier the next time round. It's strange for it to go so soon.
Thanks given by:
It failed as soon as i put it on i must have done something wrong , when i drive it sounds like its got a supercharger on it lol
Thanks given by:
Mine is a 2000 2.0 HDi estate phz 3 I would believe. Thanks for helping me locate the air pump for the EGR if I bodge it up with a bolt today then I can head onto the blanking plate another day.
Thanks given by:
I re done the elbow gasket today and it was still leaking!!! Turns out the mating faces are not flat enough so i shoved some cereal box in there and tighten it up ans now its sorted lol
Thanks given by:
Lol, I give it a week before theres oil dribbling through there. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I can deal with a bit of oil its the whistling i cant bear
Thanks given by:
There is a chance the pressure might burst through the oil soaked card. If it does you might need to make the elbow face as flat as possible.

Maybe remove it and file it flat as best you can if it does.
Thanks given by:
Its only a temporary fix im making a blanking plate for the egr so ill get some good thick gasket paper and make a proper one for it i just couldnt stand the noise anymore lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EGR Blanking Esmyth124 1 876 05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  egr blanking pug306driver 7 1,143 11-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  egr blanking? JTaylor2005 4 1,149 21-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Last Post: shervo