Evergreen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evergreen
Morning Guys,

short and sweet, the names B, live in croydon, bought an X reg 1.8L Meridian in green (best colour!) monday night for a right ol' bargain (£300) full service history, one owner from new, 72k on the clock, only issue i have is clutch slip but thats getting sorted next week Smile

absolute stonking motor, possibly the best car i have ever owned! had a couple 106's, my last one got written off in a hit and run a couple years ago.

i'll add a couple pictures a bit later on when i get a spare min at work, shes a little tatty on the rear bumper but can only assume its a pug thing as my 106's did the same with the peeling

nice to meet you all

B
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club, sounds a good buy, not a bad engine the 1.8 16v
Get some pics up Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys Smile

Matt I'll get some pics up shortly Smile how bad will I be slated for having roof racks on there?
Thanks given by:
Morning!
Another Londoner. I'm In Epsom so nice to have another local guy Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 09:49 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: Cheers guys Smile

Matt I'll get some pics up shortly Smile how bad will I be slated for having roof racks on there?

not too bad, i have Peugeot bars and a roofbox Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I thought it was 'scene' to have roofbars anyway? lol

Welocme. Smile
Thanks given by:
Lol brilliant, some credibility then!

Niall, my better half lives your way, better than Croydon mind, and I'm always down at box hill on the motorbike
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 10:19 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I thought it was 'scene' to have roofbars anyway? lol

Welocme. Smile

correct . . Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 10:19 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: Lol brilliant, some credibility then!

Niall, my better half lives your way, better than Croydon mind, and I'm always down at box hill on the motorbike

motorbike you say? Tongue keep talking!?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Nothing special mate, got an ER500 commuter bike, my work horse, also have a ZXR 400 H1 '89 Jap import that I've been turning into a track race bike, been riding for the last 10years lol
Thanks given by:
Sounds good mate Smile im planning on taking my mod2 next year so have a keen interest in bikes at the moment! pebbles on here is a keen biker also so get some pics of the bike up Big Grin

I have bought a CB400 superfour to have as a first bike but the more i look at GS500's the more i want one lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
My name is pocket fighter for 2 reasons - I'm a short arse, I used to do MMA, I loved fighting inside and up close
- all my bikes are small race bikes lol

Gotta love the CB4, though I'm not a fan of Honda, I'm Kawasaki through and through

So here is Evergreen
[Image: 44e9d673c704f33e1c5a158858891d1b.jpg]

The one bike I regret selling
[Image: b92053f1142b947f5101f9f3d53148cc.jpg]

My old 748
[Image: 8c6d84d943ae7653aaccf41be326b667.jpg]

And the current bike, Akira, bit of a transformation though!
[Image: 22960d11336fa7507a408968b9aaba44.jpg]
[Image: 39cda23ac26edabe417c1f4bc499362d.jpg]
[Image: c7d3b0fa16eea0cec90c010ef46d5f90.jpg]
[Image: 9134ecad63306f9aab6d92239ce50bf3.jpg]
And how she currently looks
[Image: fbd531afd3659997b979aa538615c174.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think roof bars are fine as long as they get used... but then I would say that!
Thanks given by:
Can quite honestly say, she's the best car I've ever owned, granted, she's a little rough round the edges due to her age, but the old girl handles beautifully, decent shocks rims and boots will do her justice I reckon!

Any recommendations??
Thanks given by:
Welcome Pocketfighter Smile
Id for for:

Peugeot Cyclones (standard on XS, XSI, D Turbo and GTI6 models)

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 all round (forums fav tyre - ive got them on too, they take a lot of abuse and hardly seem to wear down)

Bilstein B4 or if youve got a bit of spare cash to spend on the car id go for B6/B8s (id just get it fresh and like new by fitting the B4s all round as they are quite a bit cheaper than the others)
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2014, 10:55 AM)MY95 Wrote: Welcome Pocketfighter Smile
Id for for:

Peugeot Cyclones (standard on XS, XSI, D Turbo and GTI6 models)

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 all round (forums fav tyre - ive got them on too, they take a lot of abuse and hardly seem to wear down)

Bilstein B4 or if youve got a bit of spare cash to spend on the car id go for B6/B8s (id just get it fresh and like new by fitting the B4s all round as they are quite a bit cheaper than the others)

wicked, I've never been a fan of Michelin, coming from the biking world I've always had bad experiences with them so stuck with Dunlop and Pirelli.

Alloys, I really like the rally type, you know the multispoke rims (sorry I don't know names in the car world Lol but the ones the used on the old rally car, they are my favourites, I just don't know what decent brands to look at
[quote pid='496299' dateline='1417776925']
I see a lot of people talk about Bilstein, are they really that good??
[/quote]
Thanks given by:
Nice 748! one of the best looking dukes IMO... 400's Nice too, I've got an nc30 400 in bits at the moment, was my first road bike and had a bit of a rough time, two offs and a blown engine in 4 months haha. Got a cr125, gsxr600 and my little dturbo too. Welcome along Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile

Lovely bikes Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2014, 03:45 PM)laurence_13 Wrote: Nice 748! one of the best looking dukes IMO... 400's Nice too, I've got an nc30 400 in bits at the moment, was my first road bike and had a bit of a rough time, two offs and a blown engine in 4 months haha. Got a cr125, gsxr600 and my little dturbo too. Welcome along Smile
Do miss the Duke, but sadly I just didn't get on with her, very lazy engine, beautiful looking machine though, agree on the best looking dukes ever

My ZXR I've owned 5years? Give or take, I have more fun on that than the 748 lol proper ring it's neck everywhere, what a sound too, can't part with the thing
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 12:58 PM)PocketFighter Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 03:45 PM)laurence_13 Wrote: Nice 748! one of the best looking dukes IMO... 400's Nice too, I've got an nc30 400 in bits at the moment, was my first road bike and had a bit of a rough time, two offs and a blown engine in 4 months haha. Got a cr125, gsxr600 and my little dturbo too. Welcome along Smile
Do miss the Duke, but sadly I just didn't get on with her, very lazy engine, beautiful looking machine though, agree on the best looking dukes ever

My ZXR I've owned 5years? Give or take, I have more fun on that than the 748 lol proper ring it's neck everywhere, what a sound too, can't part with the thing

How did it ride compared to the zxr? I've ridden dad's superlight which is good fun to ride, centre of gravitys much higher and it's a lot less forgiving in the corners but like you say.. just ragging the 400's everywhere you can't beat a nice back lane on it! just puts a massive grin on your face. 
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 06:30 PM)laurence_13 Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 12:58 PM)PocketFighter Wrote:

How did it ride compared to the zxr? I've ridden dad's superlight which is good fun to ride, centre of gravitys much higher and it's a lot less forgiving in the corners but like you say.. just ragging the 400's everywhere you can't beat a nice back lane on it! just puts a massive grin on your face. 
Mine was a bogstandard one, it was great to ride, I'm not saying it was a bad bike, if anything you could compare it to a 250 the way it handled, I just found the engine very lazy and didn't keep me on my toes - the 998 is a whole different kettle of fish but monies couldn't stretch at the time. I just didn't get on with the 748 as much as I hoped, which was a shame, I do regret selling her but it done me a favour to be fair! I get on better with the 848 but don't like the styling

compared to the 400, well I prefer the 400, it's just a cornering machine, a real pocket rocket, over engineered but never released to its full potential tune, my 400 is something else, it's small, but it goes well and you can really give it a good handful in places, I definitely benefited from a steering damper though!

Out of all my bikes.... I miss the RS125 the most lol had so much fun on that little thing, I had that from when I was 18, sold it when I was 23 (still had it when I bought the 400) couldn't bring myself to sell it, the ex persuaded me to sell it, I cried when I saw it get loaded into the back of a van!
Thanks given by:
Mmm I'd love a 998 one day! theres a couple that go to the poole quay bike nights and sound spot on.
Sounds good! are you keeping it road legal after you've done all the fairing conversion and that? I really need to get mine back on the road.. I've never had the chance to ride one of the proper rs125's, gutting though - at least it's made way for a new bike or two Wink
Thanks given by:
I really ought to go down on a Thursday night, but didn't fancy the journey on the ER lol I'm gonna get a day time MOT at least, great fun on the road but miles better on track, I'm selling the ER and I've got a scooter as well I need to get shot of, want them to make way for a ZRX11 or ZZR14 in the near future, or I'll just hang my leathers up for a bit, trying to get a load of the material things first before me and the better half decide to tie the knot lol

Next on the list is an RS250 project!
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't go on a Thursday, won't be many there lol Wink Tuesday nights the way forward! Yeah the gsxrs for track hopefully, just need to sort it all out... Got far too many projects! I don't get on with textiles, don't feel as safe in them, or as comfy. 1100 sounds good, those 1400s are mental! I'd love an rs250 one day.., the bike shop down the roads got a mint one but it's not for sale...
Thanks given by:
Ah! I thought it was Thursday night's bike night down there??

I do like Gixxers, but found them a bit too...well everyone has one really which put me off, then started getting into kwaks more than ever lol what one do you have??

The new 14 is a bit mad, but I'm after an all rounder really, I do love the ZRX, one of my faves, can do so much to the engine too

I want to hazard a guess... InMoto?
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 09:44 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: Ah! I thought it was Thursday night's bike night down there??

I do like Gixxers, but found them a bit too...well everyone has one really which put me off, then started getting into kwaks more than ever lol what one do you have??

The new 14 is a bit mad, but I'm after an all rounder really, I do love the ZRX, one of my faves, can do so much to the engine too

I want to hazard a guess... InMoto?
No, Tuesday nights Poole quay through the summer, theres a small unofficial meet wednesdays at westbay which is a nice ride too... but theres not many bikes down there. Yeah, everybody has a gsxr haha - but parts are nice and cheap! 99 srad... so still on carbs Smile 

yeah the zrx are smart.. and can be tastefully modified Wink nope! dorset bikes haha
Thanks given by:
LOL I always thought it was Thursday, ah well! Will make the effort in the summer, nice ride that way from south london!

Nice! Something with raw power! None of this silly remapping easy business, carbs are great fun to fettle with, really makes the bike have character, can't go wrong with a SRAD, the 750's are absolute bonkers lol
Thanks given by: