Mystery plug, can anyone identify?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystery plug, can anyone identify?
Found this while having a little prod around with my loom the other day...
Can anyone tell me what it plugs into?
Its a 4 pin plug, comes out of the main loom section at the same point as the right headlight wiring.

The car was originally a 306 hdi dturby so thats what the loom is from, its in a 205 now and theres loads of 306 kit that I dont use in the car so cant remember if its supposed to be plugged in or not, cars not been on the road in 3 years hence memory isnt doing the job.
Thanks given by:
Is that the one for the coolant low warning? i could be wrong im sure someone will come along and help though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
looks like the aircon pressure switch plug Wink

[attachment=20406]
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 06:17 PM)cully Wrote: looks like the aircon pressure switch plug Wink

+1
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cough... cough.... its the aircon plug........
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Nice one guys thanks for that, makes sense as I don't have any aircon stuff except the pump, no space for it on the 205. Pump stays on for now just to keep belt tension but at some point will be replaced by a little super to bring her onto the turbo a little smoother.

Bashbarnard the coolant is a very similar style but is a 3 pin iirc and is already plugged in

Cully why have you bridged it?
Thanks given by:
Bridging it turns the ac switch in the cabin into a fan override. Not sure you'll be able to do that in the 205 though. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 09:10 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Bridging it turns the ac switch in the cabin into a fan override. Not sure you'll be able to do that in the 205 though. Wink

Thats clever!

But your right I can't do that, the dashboard is full of loom/relays/ecus there's no space for the heater matrix.

Hmm... also I dont have anything attached to my heater dials, there glued in place and the fuses live behind that panel...

I've got another mystery plug for you guys to identify need to get a pic of it first tho, exciting stuff Tongue
Thanks given by:
Loads of room for AC on a 205, Just about to start my 2nd install on one
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 11:45 PM)miles Wrote: Loads of room for AC on a 205, Just about to start my 2nd install on one

Maybe I need to try harder!

I've got all the bits from my 306 but theres absolutely no way the ac rad will fit in my engine bay, there simply isn't enough room behind the coolant rad given how close the alternator sits to the rad, then the tps, top hose, and front loom section take up the remaining space.

How have you done it? Is that using standard pug parts?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mystery plug 3 ? nominous 2 918 15-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Last Post: nominous
  Mystery plug number 2 dieselgeek 4 1,012 04-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  HELP: Identify sensor spike2002 14 3,728 16-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Last Post: spike2002