306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
love this
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
Cheers hovis , disc rotors now arrived , also done mould of rear maxi spoiler and laid up carbon fibre one for. Car , will add picture this week
Thanks given by:
as promised , carbon fibre rear maxi spoiler ,now all painted after peugeot graphics were applied ,and now removed so can clear laquer so lettering will be pure carbon , hopefully get fitted this week

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Very nice
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2018, 09:44 AM)hovis16 Wrote: Very nice

Cheers hovis ,,trying to find time to get on car at moment , but most of wiring done now so getting there slowly
Thanks given by:
Keep up the good work mate, this has been a very good read!
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2018, 08:22 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: Keep up the good work mate, this has been a very good read!

cheers chris , quick update as havent had time in a while , rear maxi spoiler now all fitted as shown in photos , front brakes all now fitted properly , and have had to take out seat , harness , extinguisher as all have to be in date for stage rallying , so will fit last thing as only get 5 yrs out of seats and harness , and 2yrs out of extinguisher before servicing , also having to fit steel doors as not allowed carbon /kevlar ones in rallying , will add more photos of progress shortly

Thanks given by:
That's gay about the doors. Keep it up
Thanks given by:
What are you doing with the old doors? Could be interested if you part with them

shame they have to be changed though would of thought they would be ok if you have door bars on cage
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2018, 07:43 PM)Blandy Wrote: What are you doing with the old doors? Could be interested if you part with them

shame they have to be changed though would of thought they would be ok if you have door bars on cage

Even with double door bars there banned , lightened steel doors as much as can but still nowhere near as light as the carbon doors , will more than likely be keeping the doors as all painted and graphics applied  for if I do sprints or track days , have moulds to   make others though
Thanks given by:
Shame as being carbo Kevlar they’ll probably be as strong if not stronger? Allthough rules are a must.

When you do can you pm me some prices? Eventually want boot, bonnet and doors for weight saving
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2018, 08:04 PM)Blandy Wrote: Shame as being carbo Kevlar they’ll probably be as strong if not stronger? Allthough rules are a must.

When you do can you pm me some prices? Eventually want boot, bonnet and doors for weight saving

Single skin or internal skin aswell for bonnet and hatch and what do you want them making out of
Thanks given by:
Just fibreglass, would be interested in price surrender between single/double - had single skins on my 205 which was nice and light but did flap about a bit so probably edging towards double
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2018, 08:14 PM)Blandy Wrote: Just fibreglass, would be interested in price surrender between single/double - had single skins on my 205 which was nice and light but did flap about a bit so probably edging towards double

Would have to make a mould of inner for hatch as not got one  , and what phase bonnet
Thanks given by:
Phase 2 boot in single wouldn’t be to bad as would be fixed pretty solid it’s the bonnet that I’d be more keen on being double
Thanks given by:
Sold seats and removed harness and extinguisher as all have to be in date for stage rallying , also removed carbon doors as have to be steel , have lightened steel doors and started fitting , just need painting and new graphics fitting ., rear axle parts all done now so just need picking up so can refit , will add picture shortly

Thanks given by:
nice to see an update Wayne. finally been talked into going stage rallying again then. seats and extinguishers are next on my to buy list!

still need to pop up and pick up my sump guard if you still have it lol

Geoff
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2018, 08:31 AM)jorg Wrote: nice to see an update Wayne. finally been talked into going stage rallying again then. seats and extinguishers are next on my to buy list!

still need to pop up and pick up my sump guard if you still have it lol

Geoff

Yes mate , pop over when ever mate
Thanks given by:
    Finally back on car , as have been mad busy with work , fitted and painted drivers door , just need to apply graphics , and trial fitted rear beam to make sure width is right
Thanks given by:
[attachment=31969][attachment=31969]All lamp pods now fitted with hid lamps and fitted to car properly with quick release fasterns

Thanks given by:
very naughty! What are you doing with the carbon doors?
Thanks given by:
]     Been a while since I've posted , still doing bits on car here and there , been collecting bits for it , fitted electric power steering pump , and bought new in date fia extinguishers and harness and seats should be here this week
Thanks given by:
Been ages since last post , have been doing bits on car when can , it's got wheels on all 4 corners now as have rebuilt rear beam , spec of beam is  21mm torsion bars , 25mm Arb , custom radial mount caliper brackets , custom widened bearing housings which have larger bearing , custom drive flanges , 300mm rotors with bells and AP racing 2 pot  calipers , having trouble uploading pictures to site for some reason[attachment=32020

Thanks given by:
Where did you get the fire extinguisher from? Link at all? Smile

How are you finding the electric powersteering pump? Whats the advantage apart from being able to turn it off and save the power?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,304 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,039 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,512 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L