306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
well busy weekend before go on well deserved holiday ,managed to fit body kit properly and high build primered , then flatted and white primered ready for paint , total outside colour change as dont want white and tribute to honey , so going with yellow , same graphics as before but in black and silver , with silver speedline corses , maybe not to everyone taste but dont give a s**t  as only kept building car as tribute to her , so any negative keep to yourselves

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Eugh no. Finally someone is making a yellow 306! Yaaassss if I found a rough 3 door I would have wrapped it yellow.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2016, 08:14 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Eugh no. Finally someone is making a yellow 306! Yaaassss if I found a rough 3 door I would have wrapped it yellow.

had to be done , want car to stand out and be known ,
Thanks given by:
Cant believe this project still continues to amaze me! Big Grin epic progress there fella, enjoy that holiday as it is definitely well deserved Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2016, 07:12 AM)TMatt-Rallye Wrote: Cant believe this project still continues to amaze me! Big Grin epic progress there fella, enjoy that holiday as it is definitely well deserved Smile

Thanks Matt , will have a few drinks on you seeing as it's all inclusive lol ,when back home straight back on with car as should be ready to flat and polish and start applying graphics , cheers twangy
Thanks given by:
Busy weekend on car as mate brought a dimma rear bumper for me to take mould of , so manage to make mould today and will lay up composite rear bumper for my car tomorrow , so will then be able to paint rest of panels , also made composite de badge front grill and composite rear arch maxi guards for car , graphic came but missed postman so will have to pickup Monday morning from post office and get put on next week , will add photos of all bits tomorrow as didn't have time to take any today
Thanks given by:
started to fit graphic to car , photo of car so far , and photos of some of parts made this weekend , de badged carbon fibre grill , carbon fibre de badged bonnet , carbon /Kevlar maxi rear arch guards

Thanks given by:
Oof. That's looking the bollox mate.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2016, 06:48 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Oof.  That's looking the bollox mate.

thanks danny , will try and get a bit more done on car this weekend , also looks like car will be getting evo2 maxi front bumper now , as some one has bought one for me to take mould of
Thanks given by:
Guess who came to join the party!

This is coming along great! Decals look spot on!
Looks like we have a rough time for the Evo bumper!
Let me know how you get on with the rear bumper! Wink
Thanks given by:
Stunning work as always! Really cant wait to see the quality in the finished product! Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yellow Wide bodied 306  Inlove Yep im in love
Keep up the great work
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2016, 06:50 AM)gnrlee Wrote: Guess who came to join the party!

This is coming along great! Decals look spot on!
Looks like we have a rough time for the Evo bumper!
Let me know how you get on with the rear bumper! Wink

Nice to see you've joined the party mate , manage to do hour today on car and removed carbon / Kevlar rear bumper from mould and has come out well mate , will try and do photo of it early on this week and post on forum

(07-10-2016, 07:15 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Stunning work as always! Really cant wait to see the quality in the finished product! Big Grin

Thanks Matt for positive feedback as usual , will hopefully get car to some meets next year , so can have a good look and ride in car , cheers wayne

(07-10-2016, 07:25 PM)bholten Wrote: Yellow Wide bodied 306  Inlove Yep im in love
Keep up the great work

Thanks mate , will keep regular updates posted on forum
Thanks given by:
Thought you might see this here 1st and might be good to get some feedback from other's

for those that don't know me I do a lot of 3D graphics and have done a 3D Model of the 306 that I then changed to a Maxi/Dimma 
and here's a mockup of Twangy's Car with a proposed Evo Maxi Bumper

[Image: Twangys%20306%20Dimma.9%20Evo%20bumper_zpspgsdwtqo.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This car is epic, will be keeping my eyes peeled for updates!

(16-10-2016, 06:20 PM)gnrlee Wrote: Thought you might see this here 1st and might be good to get some feedback from other's

for those that don't know me I do a lot of 3D graphics and have done a 3D Model of the 306 that I then changed to a Maxi/Dimma 
and here's a mockup of Twangy's Car with a proposed Evo Maxi Bumper

[Image: Twangys%20306%20Dimma.9%20Evo%20bumper_zpspgsdwtqo.jpg]

Nice! What software did you use to produce that? 3ds Max, Maya?
Thanks given by:
Thanks,..I model in Maya and the render was done in Keyshot Wink
Thanks given by: twangy
(16-10-2016, 08:48 PM)gnrlee Wrote: Thanks,..I model in Maya and the render was done in Keyshot Wink

great work dave , nice to get a idea how the car will look  mate
Thanks given by:
havent managed to spend alot of time the last few weeks on car,so thats why havent updated , managed to get a few hours in today and fitted rear carbon/kevlar rear maxi arch guards , and started to trial fit carbon/kevlar rear bumper , also made a start on trial fitting carbon fibre rear diffuser , , will add more pictures this week as going to try and do a few hours most nights this week

Thanks given by:
done a few hours today messing around with rear bumper and difuser , and managed to take a few photos of were im up to , still got to make mounting bracket , but hopefully get done this week

Thanks given by:
Looks good, will you be connecting that with an under tray of some sort?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2016, 09:23 PM)Ben Wrote: Looks good, will you be connecting that with an under tray of some sort?

Thanks Ben , will be making carbon fibre bits for underside , so flat floored
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2016, 08:37 PM)twangy Wrote:
(30-10-2016, 09:23 PM)Ben Wrote: Looks good, will you be connecting that with an under tray of some sort?

Thanks Ben , will be making carbon fibre bits for underside , so flat floored

Why would they be made from anything else?! Look forward to the next update!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As always Wayne looking amazing m8 ..keep the updates coming m8 Inlove
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 07:17 AM)Day666 Wrote: As always Wayne looking amazing m8 ..keep the updates coming m8  Inlove

Have been mad busy with work so haven't had much time for updates , plenty of thing still getting done on car , rear beam removed ready for widening modifications , also fabricating front inner arches as done on maxi rally car for more wheel clearance and castor  , managed to source a quaife 4.8 cwp in a complete  gearbox complete with atb diff  , which will be getting sold as not required as use plate diff , will try and add photos shortly
Thanks given by:
quick update as to let you know , as have been crazy in work 7 days a week , earning good money but no time to spend , and worst of all not alot of time for car , hopefully get a load done over xmas period ,  beam getting sourted at present , so hopefully on rear wheels shortly , found a couple of photo so added ,  17" speedlines  and some more bilstien coilovers to strip and fit spare tarmac inserts and springs  , so have spares for front

Thanks given by:
Loving the yellow paint, it's so bright, I actually think the graphics detract from how awesome the paint is.
Thanks given by:
Had a bad does of man flue the last 4 days , so been off work and tucked up in my cot , but managed to do deal on a load of rally moulded slicks for car and a load more Kevlar for when make maxi front bumper , have enough composite material now to make full spare set of all panels for car now as am getting pestered into getting back into stage rallying , so am seriously considering , will add photos of items as soon as arrive
Thanks given by:
xmas came early for the car as goodies came today , 32sqr metres of kevlar  ,10 brand new kumho 200/ 17 rally tyre in k11 soft compound , 4x brand new kumho wets , and six x brand new kumho intermediates , every thing was a absolute  unbelievable bargain ,

Thanks given by:
Holy crap.

This thread gives me wood.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2016, 09:09 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Holy crap.

This thread gives me wood.
danny , thats just a little bit to much information , lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,343 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,124 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,522 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L