306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
This is probably one of my favourite projects on the forum as the CF is all homebrew moulds. Can't wait to see this in action.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 12:27 PM)RetroPug Wrote: This is probably one of my favourite projects on the forum as the CF is all homebrew moulds. Can't wait to see this in action.

thanks very much , will let you no when its out on track , and hopefully will do some club days next year , theres still a bit to do before that eg mapping  , and finishing paintwork and graphics , also after cams  ,but will let you no as soon as out on track ,thanks wayne
Thanks given by:
Airbox looks awesome, reminds me quite a bit of the airbox on the maxi rally car
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: twangy
(27-10-2015, 01:05 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Airbox looks awesome, reminds me quite a bit of the airbox on the maxi rally car

thanks mate
Thanks given by:
those things are going to suck better than a turbo charged hoover,

the air box look epic, good job. Just think of all that lovly cold air being pushed through the gap straight into your jenvys Smile

Are you running unfiltered? or will your at least put a pre screen on?
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 01:09 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: those things are going to suck better than a turbo charged hoover,

the air box look epic, good job. Just think of all that lovly cold air being pushed through the gap straight into your jenvys Smile

Are you running unfiltered? or will your at least put a pre screen on?

cheers mate , yes will be running a filter  just haven't had time to order or fit , should get plenty of cold air to jenveys like you say
Thanks given by:
how do you get the CF to cure?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 05:19 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: how do you get the CF to cure?

hi m8 , its basically like doing fibre glassing , with resin
Thanks given by: Magenta Sunset
only difference to CF to FG is your using Carbon Fiber matt as the medium Smile

its used alot in the RC plane world Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
reminds me.
must make a start on dash binnacle sometime - - -
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
finished air box and made and fitted filter as ramair supplied me with  filter caging and filter foam for a bargain price of £15  next day delivery , and best of all enough to make a spare 1 , , total bargain

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
finally got round to  priming and painting carbon fibre door and lower quarter  were rub strips removed , and started fitting graphics

Thanks given by:
carbon  n/s door all now fitted up , and made a start on dropping front cross member as  am seam welding it  so removed and started to grind down ready for welding

Thanks given by:
Can you post photos as you do the seam welding? I want to do it on mine when I get my welder sorted
Thanks given by:
Look at my project thread Dan, I did it 5 years ago now.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Nice build, I'll be following!
Thanks given by:
seam welded subframe all painted and ready for refitting , so will refit over weekend

Thanks given by:
while i had subframe stripped off, took some photos of rosejointed gear linkage that was made  up

Thanks given by:
big plans for new year for the 306 ,as have started collecting a few bits over the last month , engine wise have kent cams pt81 cams and vernier pulley ,to go in engine ,will get pockets put in pistons , then strate for mapping , have new spal fan , and new race loom getting made , also after vts rack , so quite a bit to get on with
Thanks given by:
Get my pm about the airbox, Wayne?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Wow that airbox is awesome. Cracking project
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 10:47 PM)adam b Wrote: Get my pm about the airbox, Wayne?
hi adam , yes did get pm about airbox  ,but would not let reply , did try and message on the gti forum , i am going to try and make a load of item in new year mate , so will keep you posted

(29-12-2015, 10:56 PM)Blandy Wrote: Wow that airbox is awesome. Cracking project

thank mate
Thanks given by:
Custom work is insane! Fantastic.
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
(30-12-2015, 09:40 AM)Iaitoo Wrote: Custom work is insane! Fantastic.

thanks very much
Thanks given by:
started stripping front end of car ,, as need engine out ready to go to engine builders ,  and why engine getting done can make

new light weight  race car loom and freshen up front end

Thanks given by:
    [took delivery of pt81 kent cams and vernier pulleys , ready for engine wich will be getting built in next month
Thanks given by:
Read the thread from the beginning and I have to say there's some awesome fabrication gone on in this build,well done!
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
(10-01-2016, 10:29 PM)roland rat Wrote: Read the thread from the beginning and I have to say there's some awesome fabrication gone on in this build,well done!
cheers  mate
Thanks given by:
Looking really good mate

What size cooler do you run Ive had to move up to a 19 row as the 16 wasn't really up to it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 12:57 AM)7057sam Wrote: Looking really good mate

What size cooler do you run Ive had to move up to a 19 row as the 16 wasn't really up to it.

sam  ,only using 13 row cooler on car  , had no problems yet , but am on remote filter so does hold bit more oil and big rad for extra cooling  ,
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,343 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,125 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,522 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L