Peugeot 306 HDI 5 Door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 HDI 5 Door
Looks good! Haha yours is still a baby... mine is on 185k now and still in daily use :p
Thanks given by:
Thats good to hear then! Plenty left in it yet then Smile I'm sure yours will keep going for ages as well. Tough little cars!
Thanks given by:
All about how they are looked after! Mine gets serviced every 8k miles, and anything it needs whenever it needs it usually haha. Still love taking it out into the countryside for a blast on a night after work.
Thanks given by:
Yeah same as mine then. And definitely! Always good fun Smile
Thanks given by:
Today's task was completed successfully.

As spotted by Piggy during the timing belt change, the crankshaft pulley was showing signs of starting to fall apart. A new Febi Bilstein one was bought and has been fitted successfully today Big Grin

Hopefully that will hold off any issues with that falling apart! Smile
Thanks given by:
As said on a previous post. The crank pulley was changed recently. Easy job. Used the old "Crank over the engine" bolt removal trick!

[Image: eq5q39.jpg]

Then today I have done a few quick tidy ups that have neatened the car up a bit.

1) Replaced the side indicator. The clip had broken and it kept dropping out! Cost £9 off eBay.

[Image: 330bpc1.jpg]

2) Finally replaced the rear badge and blacked the trim. It wasn't with a proper peugeot one but at least this one looks neater than a missing badge!

[Image: 2vdjku9.jpg]
[Image: dqkb2q.jpg]

3) Removed the plasti-dip that I had used to cover the front badge and chrome surround. I think it looks neater standard. 

[Image: 23mmtt5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
List of things to do!

1) Grommet in boot hole
2) Under car painting and rust proofing
3) Repalce fuel filler 90* bend (Still needs doing)
4) Investigate fixing the air conditioning
5) Fix front bumper cracks and re-paint
6) Pull out and repair dent on rear passenger door.
Thanks given by:
So I decided that I really like the French flag look on the 306 front badge. So I have fitted one  Smile

[Image: 2hyjeig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fitted some new top mounts as I have started getting a clicking noise when turning even when the cars not moving. Very common sign of top mount bearings. However clearly not in this case as the noise is still there! Car seems tighter in the corners now though? Is that possible or am I imagining things? 

[Image: jz8mr9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well I treated my self to a new car. Got offered a deal through work I couldn't refuse.

[Image: 2s1r50i.jpg]

The Pug has now been given to my mom. The mega loud exhaust has been replaced with a stock one. (difficult as the GTi-6 rear axle got in the way?). It sounds lovely! So quiet and refined even for a nearly 20 year old diesel! It was put up on a ramp and given a really thorough check over which came back as it being a very tidy car underneath which is nice to know.

It's due an oil change soon so I will be doing that and it will most likely be used for doing 8 miles a day.
Thanks given by:
I did see on social media you have a new car. Certainly a bit different from the 306. Looks smart though, bet its pretty nice to drive.

I did wonder what had happened to the 306, nice to hear its staying in your family as it looks like a tidy one.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2018, 07:44 PM)Frosty Wrote: I did see on social media you have a new car. Certainly a bit different from the 306. Looks smart though, bet its pretty nice to drive.

I did wonder what had happened to the 306, nice to hear its staying in your family as it looks like a tidy one.

Very different. I am not sure how long I will have it. Anywhere from 1-4 years. Depends what life throws at me really. If I suddenly decide I want a house I'll almost certainly end up back in the pug! Big Grin

I couldn't bring my self to get rid of it. It's been such a good car to me.
Thanks given by:
Lovely new car, those things are awesome. My brother has an xfs estate and loves it, but he's getting rid because the rate of depreciation is too much to bear.

Glad to hear the pug will stay in your family, you've put far too much work into it to make it worth selling for market value.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Very nice!! Best colour too... How much is it with your work discount out of interest? Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. I have to say I am a huge fan of the XF Sportbrakes. They look proper sleek. Estate cars unfortunately just aren't what people are after any more :/ Most people either have a Saloon or skip straight to an SUV unfortunately.

Well discount wise I got 35%. Price wise it was specced up to around 2k over the new tax limit. So a discount of just under 15k. Really lovely car, tail happy as well which is something I haven't experienced before!

As soon as I have other commitments such as a house / family / proper relationship I am sure other priorities will take over and I'll end up getting my self a sensible car again!
Thanks given by:
A good thread bud  And great work. ?
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2018, 03:55 AM)Gerwyn Wrote: A good thread bud  And great work. ?

Thanks Smile The car is still in the family and is being driven daily by my mom now which is nice as I can still work on it! 

Had a quick morning working on it today. Done the oil / filter, and air filter. Runs sweet as a nut still and sounds so quiet with a stock exhaust back on it! 

Also setup a set of 6.5" coax speakers in the parcel shelf speaker areas. Made sure I used the thick surrounds that I stripped off the old speakers. I then stuck them onto the front of the new JBL ones so that when they are fit back onto the underside of the parcel shelf the speakers seal tight against the underside of the shelf. They sound actually rather brilliant and for 6.5" speakers have a bit of punch base wise because they are using the whole boot as a "Sub box" haha.

[Image: xgl82t.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow. Just come back on here and it was near enough exactly 1 year to the day that I last commented on this thread. Shame I didn't come on yesterday!

I have managed to get a couple of days insurance on the old Pug this coming weekend so I will be doing a nice long drive somewhere in it. I have bought a bottle of Archoil AR6400-D MAX to try out in the fuel as people really seem to rave about that stuff on other diesel forums.

Engine wise the car still runs lovely, the interior is getting a bit wet from a leak in the passenger door I believe (from where I changed the speakers) so I really need to tackle that.

Other than that all the rest seems ok touch wood, but I am sure I will know what needs doing after a couple of hundred miles this weekend Big Grin

Ahhhh nuts! The stupid website I used to host my photos has gone down as well. It's now promoting the dreadful photobucket as it's replacement. Most likely just got bought out as photobucket didn't want a competitor that was doing what it did for free.
Thanks given by:
Spent a good 2 hours on the passenger door over the last couple of days. Managed to seal up and hopefully fix the leak by using some of that tar backed sound proofing stuff I managed to get from Halfords. I gave the car a good soaking with the hose and then opened it only to find the carpet around the lower door seal wet AGAIN!

Took the door pannel back off again and found no trace of water coming through from inside there. Then realised it was the seal itself that was full of water from the previously leaking door!

Hopefully all is nice and water tight again now. Just need a good downpour to test it!
Thanks given by:
Hope you've enjoyed driving the car. I'm not sure I've ever managed to get the inner door skin to fully seal up properly, despite using some sturdy plastic sheeting & a hot glue gun! Might have to give that stuff you mentioned ago. The OE stuff itself isn't exactly a high-tech solution!
Thanks given by: