Newb :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newb :)
Hello just wanting to say hi. Getting my ph2 gti6 tonight Smile rather excited. Forum seems great, had a stage 2 hdi a few years ago and always swore I'd have another 306 Smile
Thanks given by:
good to see you have returned Smile

welcome Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Couple problems with the car already haha, key doesn't turn in passenger lock and key doesn't light up when pressed. So only way to unlock car is passenger door Sad, also needs a new steering wheel, and since viewing the car last night and the seller dropping it off for me today, the air filters gone missing!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 5513b841b3b37e2e791358df7b0d88ef.jpg]
[Image: 39757552163fe59cd6ac6b083111de2f.jpg]
[Image: 02aaaa5930e78d8961100b85cd17abc0.jpg]

Few pics of her. Rather happy with it. Few niggles need fixed but all seems good Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks good, any plans in your mind?
Thanks given by:
She is a bit rough around the edges... Most edges Infact haha so just want to tidy it up, take it back to standard and enjoy it. Desperate for a new exhaust haha, the stupidly loud exhaust thing isn't for me haha.
Thanks given by:
Looks good. How have you lost the air filter?
Thanks given by:
Was on the car on Friday when I went to see it, and when the guy brought it to my house on Saturday once he'd fitted the cat for me (which still leaves it stupidly loud!), the air filter was missing and I'd already looked the car over on Friday so stupidly didn't look over it again. Sad got a open cone filter fitted to it now that I had from an old car I had.

My to do list is as follows-
- standard exhaust
-new lock set
- get standard wheels
- spray or buy a new front bumper (mine has a few bad marks)
-sort out the lack of heat, try bleeding the system first if not then new matrix Sad
- refresh suspension
- general tidy up
- new wing mirror + temp sensor as my mirrors broke and temperature is showing ---

So plenty to go at haha.

Knew it had most of these faults when I bought it, always bought mint cars and got bored, so thought putting time and effort into a car will make me want to keep it, and always loved 306's.
Thanks given by:
Now fuming. Jacked the car up and cat isn't fitted. Dunno how he's made it more quiet but it wasn't the cat! Which was in the boot. Fuming! My own naive fault I suppose!
Thanks given by:
Oh dear! still looks to be a very tidy example though Smile

Whereabouts in the country are you based?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'm from cumbria! Not seen many about from up here really.
Thanks given by:
This is my old hdi
[Image: 1807b06e37cd2bebd58bcb14bc030146.jpg]

Don't think it's still alive as it isn't insured. Sad
Thanks given by:
Looks good. How have you lost the air filter?

Fifa 15 coins
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2014, 11:40 AM)jeekqing Wrote: Looks good. How have you lost the air filter?

I don't think they've actually lost the air filter, sounds like the seller removed it between viewing and delivering.

Does look nice in the pictures but, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that a phase 3 not a phase 2?
Thanks given by:
Bloke sounds like a bellend.

Air filters are about £30 second hand and cat's between 40 -55.standard exhaust's are harder to find and usually sell for more than most second hand stainless systems.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
He was indeed! And yeah I imagine he had just took it off, got an open cone on it now I had lying around. Got a full standard exhaust and cat for 60 delivered so I'm happy now It doesn't sound stupid haha.

And no it's a phase 2 with crystals fitted Smile
Thanks given by:
Isn't that a phase 3 front bumper with the round fogs though?
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you getting it sorted Smile
Thanks given by:
Maybe? Haha. Not sure.
Thanks given by:
Its also a w reg so its phase 3
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Nooo that's my old hdi. Scroll up haha.
Thanks given by:
Is there a way to pay to jump the 100 post rule before you can pm?? There's a black ph2 being broke and I want some parts Sad
Thanks given by:
Nope afraid not. Newbies have to have 100 posts
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Sucks haha. And I don't want to spam things I'm not interested in so may take a while Sad do enjoy some posts mind but I tend to be a spectator more than a poster.
Thanks given by:
Well been spending a little bit on the 6 in the past few weeks. Waiting on a few bits to come still but got most here.

So far I've got new tensioner and idler - old one noise and then after doing them I found the aircon pulleys noisy so got a new one of them to go on, should of bought a delete kit but too late now.
New passenger wing mirror
New lock set
Boot trim
Black a and b pillars
Wind deflectors
Mats
Door check strap pins
Rallye blanks

Can't wait to get stuff fitted.

Plans are still to get a new front bumper, black masks, Ph3 boot, standard air box, upper and lower strut braces

After that lot ill be reasonably happy. Have got dark cyclones on it now and unsure whether to go back to standard colour or not?
Thanks given by:
Well update. Everythinguess I bought is fitted and looks a lot tidier!

Also got some silver cyclones on and some black masks being made for me Smile woop

Oh and put a silver front badge on.

Only have the one pic for now. ...

[Image: 16f462115a23a5fd245fd8831220b8e3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Silver looks much better mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers it does look a lot fresher now but just thinking black masks will look out of place now.
Thanks given by:
Looks really good
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2015, 06:08 AM)j-n-88 Wrote: Cheers it does look a lot fresher now but just thinking black masks will look out of place now.

Nah not at all mate black masks look particular OE
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  essex based newb bertbertbert 7 2,092 24-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Another Newb shokenore 10 2,685 06-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Last Post: pugman2014
  newb 306 blaze 5 1,942 24-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: 306 blaze