Geocaching

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geocaching
Not sure if any of you lot are sad/active enough to be into this.

Quote:Geocaching is the real-world treasure hunt that's happening right now, all around you. There are 2,530,005 active geocaches and over 6 million geocachers worldwide.

It's basically a huge list of hidden caches, some as small as a sticker, others the size of a large ammo box.

It adds a bit of excitement to an otherwise dull dog walk... have a look if there's a cache hidden near you... I can guarantee you've walked right past one at some point!

www.geocaching.com and put in your postcode!
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
Just looked, theres one literally 100m from where i work, and alot around by my house.. The ones by my house ive walked last hundreds of times and never known haha
Thanks given by:
Theres one at the end of my road by the looks of it. Will have to go hunting!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've started walking a lot recently...been told it helps for stress but I don't count having to stroke other peoples dogs, talk to old people and tread in all sorts of shit relaxing tbh!

Anyway, theres loads of those things near me, I must've walked past them several times...I still don't get it though, what are they? Or is that the point of the game to find out? Confused
Thanks given by:
My FIL loves it. Has some sort of yellow handheld device for it.
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2014, 01:05 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've started walking a lot recently...been told it helps for stress but I don't count having to stroke other peoples dogs, talk to old people and tread in all sorts of shit relaxing tbh!

Anyway, theres loads of those things near me, I must've walked past them several times...I still don't get it though, what are they? Or is that the point of the game to find out? Confused

Have you not looked at website? Lol theres a vid explaining it.. Just a thing you can sign a log sorta thing, some you swap items at aswell by looks of it
Thanks given by:
I took a quick look but it looks confusing... lol
Thanks given by:
Had a quick look at the site, turned out there was a cache just a few hundred metres down the road, so me and my daughter got our coats on, and went looking for it! Found it too! Going out again tomorrow with a mate of mine to do some photography, and we're gonna go searching for more cache's while we're at it. Wink

Cheers for introducing us to it Norledge! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been doing them on and off for a while, I'm at about 50 found now.

Kids love it, I went to one with my neice and nephew that was in a pillbox so they enjoyed learning a bit of history and finding 'treasure'

I've found 'trackables' that have come from Canada and Oz, it's quite nice to see them moving around the world!

If anyone's interested my username is snorledge, I've just placed my first 2 caches!
Thanks given by:
I do. but in portugal lolol
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2014, 06:30 PM)Norledge Wrote: If anyone's interested my username is snorledge, I've just placed my first 2 caches!

What kind of things to you leave as a 'cache'?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2014, 01:25 PM)ginge191 Wrote: What kind of things to you leave as a 'cache'?

They vary, mine are 250ml lock and lock type containers with a paper log for people to sign in. Some please leave little 'swaps' but I've not bothered.
Thanks given by:
I guess it's a more hi-tech version of the "Dartmoor letterboxing" that I did for my DofE...
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2014, 01:05 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've started walking a lot recently...

pacing backwards and forwards by the local school gates isnt really considered "walking" lolAngel
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2014, 06:51 PM)DavidA Wrote: I guess it's a more hi-tech version of the "Dartmoor letterboxing" that I did for my DofE...

Yup the same sort of thing. Use to do them when I was a kid Smile
Thanks given by:
can be quite fun doing this, some people do hide things in stupid places though...well hard enough for us vertically challenged people anyways! lol
Thanks given by: