106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
bonnet could be replaced with a fibreglass unit, if there is a one for these cars.
Thanks given by:
You can buy flat sheets of carbon fibre online, they aren't cheap but for std. rectangular sheets they aren't ridiculous I suppose.
These could then be cut out to make carbon fibre doorcars.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Strip that door properly...

[Image: image016.jpg]

Then start in the back...

[Image: image010.jpg]
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 05:21 PM)Norledge Wrote: Strip that door properly...

the back of that looks like it could be weakend!
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 05:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: Bonnet too can be 'thinned out'.

Why not replace side windows with poly too?

Yeah I'm going to look into that at some point, seems a bit pricey but I'm sure I'll find some soon enough

(17-12-2014, 05:12 PM)RetroPug Wrote: You can buy flat sheets of carbon fibre online, they aren't cheap but for std. rectangular sheets they aren't ridiculous I suppose.

Me and SlamWagon got some 2mm thick plastic sheeting so it will be light weight enough Smile 

(17-12-2014, 05:21 PM)Norledge Wrote: Strip that door properly...

May do some of the door but sod doing the boot lol 
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 06:20 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(17-12-2014, 05:12 PM)RetroPug Wrote: You can buy flat sheets of carbon fibre online, they aren't cheap but for std. rectangular sheets they aren't ridiculous I suppose.

Me and SlamWagon got some 2mm thick plastic sheeting so it will be light weight enough Smile 

CF won't really be much lighter, it will just look cool. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Always bit comming up on ebay and Facebook french car selling page

Very interesting so far Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 11:03 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(17-12-2014, 06:20 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

CF won't really be much lighter, it will just look cool. lmao

I'm carbon wrapping it lol

(18-12-2014, 02:11 AM)7057sam Wrote: Always bit comming up on ebay and Facebook french car selling page

Very interesting so far Smile
Thanks mate glad there is some interest in it, going to be fun 
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20689]

So started more stripping today Smile got rid of these things for the door cards, every bit counts.

[attachment=20690]

Then started on the door looms Smile 

[attachment=20691]

Then cleared all the unnecessary stuff out of the centre console.. So nothing's left Smile 

[attachment=20692]

Then started the most daunting part in my view and that was thining the loom

[attachment=20693]

Did as much as could with what day light was left.

Took all the..

Door looms out

Radio wiring and antenna wires

Rear speaker wire 

And some other bits 

[attachment=20694]

This is the wires I took out today Smile really pleased with myself considering i don't really know anything about wiring. I tried starting the car and it wouldn't fire so I had a panic but thought I'd check the fuses and luckily it was just one fuse. So replaced it and now it's all good Smile happy days
Thanks given by:
Tomorrow will consist of collecting some plastic sheeting from Ian to make some door cards and some dash inserts, then ripping the dash out so I can get some more wiring out and the heater box thing and heater matrix Smile 
Thanks given by:
id have removed the full dash 1st and then chased what wires are what, as you may be able to remove more from the car loom.
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2014, 12:19 AM)procta Wrote: id have removed the full dash 1st and then chased what wires are what, as you may be able to remove more from the car loom.

That's what I'm doing tomorrow Smile just got the ones I could see today so I'll be getting the dash out tomorrow and take other stuff that's not needed out, not sure what other wires can come out to be honest 
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2014, 12:37 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 12:19 AM)procta Wrote: id have removed the full dash 1st and then chased what wires are what, as you may be able to remove more from the car loom.

That's what I'm doing tomorrow Smile just got the ones I could see today so I'll be getting the dash out tomorrow and take other stuff that's not needed out, not sure what other wires can come out to be honest 
anything to do with the air bag and other odds and ends that you are not going to use, but bare this in mind, are you going to run after market gauges or a custom dash?
as you will need some sort of power ISO connector is a good one for power, so remember that before you chop it all out, speaker wires you can bin also the speaker iso connector can go, but the other id keep for the power. ariel wire can bite the dust too.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20699]
Had a fun day ripping the dash out ready to get rid of some more wiring, only issue I have is it seems to be revving lumpy. Only thing I disconnected was the clocks and the stalks. Anyone know why it could be doing this? 
Thanks given by:
that looks ready for a full blown cage!
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2014, 06:13 PM)procta Wrote: that looks ready for a full blown cage!

I'd love one but little pricy at the moment, might go half cage Smile do you know why it will be revving lumpy? Really strange I've only disconnected the clocks and stalks 
Thanks given by:
plug them back in and see if it sorts it out, could be the earths, as my indicators wont work if my hazard switch isn't connected up,
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2014, 06:44 PM)procta Wrote: plug them back in and see if it sorts it out, could be the earths, as my indicators wont work if my hazard switch isn't connected up,

I'll give that a go now Smile 

Just tried that but still revving lumpy :/ it idles fine 
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20814]

Dash is back in the car Smile and hopefully sorted the lumpy revving out. I've replaced the plugs and left it to run for a bit and it all seems okay only issue is the engine management light comes up and goes out every now and then not sure what this could be but it seems okay 
Thanks given by:
still more to come off that dash! Glove box, vents , clock surround and steering cowling too. f*ck it get the full lot removed and binned
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 02:34 PM)procta Wrote: still more to come off that dash!  Glove box, vents , clock surround and steering cowling too. f*ck it get the full lot removed and binned

Haha I am tempted to cut the dash up and only have a small portion of it 
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 02:53 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(29-12-2014, 02:34 PM)procta Wrote: still more to come off that dash!  Glove box, vents , clock surround and steering cowling too. f*ck it get the full lot removed and binned

buy a second hand one and do it, just to see what it looks like, saves you f*cking up yours.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see it temporary fixed it

Take it the dash is staying in?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
You can remove those 2 boot lining bits of carpet, I assume if they are like the ones in the 306 the glue is actually pretty shit.
There is loads of stuff in the engine bay that can be stripped, all the plastic covers and stuff can go and there is always loads of spare wiring in there.
If you have stripped all the looms out the door you can do the same to the boot and either get pins for it or a cable pull for the inside to pull the locking lever for it.
You can also get a smaller washer bottle and relocate it to the back of the car and remove the hose for the rear washer.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 06:13 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice to see it temporary fixed it

Take it the dash is staying  in?

Not sure what I can replace the dash with so I'm thinking of taking it back out and cutting parts of it out

(29-12-2014, 10:35 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You can remove those 2 boot lining bits of carpet, I assume if they are like the ones in the 306 the glue is actually pretty shit.
There is loads of stuff in the engine bay that can be stripped, all the plastic covers and stuff can go and there is always loads of spare wiring in there.
If you have stripped all the looms out the door you can do the same to the boot and either get pins for it or a cable pull for the inside to pull the locking lever for it.
You can also get a smaller washer bottle and relocate it to the back of the car and remove the hose for the rear washer.

What's the boot lining bits of carpet? And yeah I'm going to strip the wires out the boot. Need to take it for a quick spin to make sure it's all running fine 
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2014, 12:09 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: What's the boot lining bits of carpet? And yeah I'm going to strip the wires out the boot. Need to take it for a quick spin to make sure it's all running fine 

[attachment=20818]

Is your boot light enough to be supported by just 1 ram? Infact do you even need them at all?
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2014, 12:52 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(30-12-2014, 12:09 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: What's the boot lining bits of carpet? And yeah I'm going to strip the wires out the boot. Need to take it for a quick spin to make sure it's all running fine 

Is your boot light enough to be supported by just 1 ram? Infact do you even need them at all?

Ah got you do you just scrape it off? And I'm thinking of taking the gas stut things off the boot it's not like it's going to be opened a lot 
Thanks given by:
Hmm I see a dash that has serious weight issues, break out the saw on the glove box bit if your after keeping the dash.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 03:23 PM)procta Wrote:
(29-12-2014, 02:53 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

buy a second hand one and do it, just to see what it looks like, saves you f*cking up yours.

You could also get it flocked or buy some faux suede and wrap it out of the car while you're at it and then just swap them over.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Thank you for all the advice guys Big Grin dash is coming back out tomorrow and being cut up gas struts are coming out the boot along with the wires and the sound deadening in the boot is being taken out 
Thanks given by: