106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
(01-12-2014, 08:18 AM)Norledge Wrote: So is it coming to Llandow with us???

When is it?
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-27565.html

No cheaper way of doing a proper trackday!
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
All stripped Smile can anyone think of other parts to take out?
[attachment=20438]

[attachment=20439]

[attachment=20440]
Thanks given by:
one piece rear side windows or perspex.
Rid of that sound deadening.
Thin out those looms.

Strip dash down to heater, controls and dials.

Lose that air freshener!! haha!

and FIX THAT HANDBRAKE!!!!

(front door cards can go too!!! And if it has electric windows, replace for manual)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 09:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: and FIX THAT HANDBRAKE!!!!

Isnt that a sit on dildo? Haha
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 09:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: one piece rear side windows or perspex.
Rid of that sound deadening.
Thin out those looms.

Strip dash down to heater, controls and dials.

Lose that air freshener!! haha!

and FIX THAT HANDBRAKE!!!!

(front door cards can go too!!! And if it has electric windows, replace for manual)

Yeah I need to see how to adjust the hand brake, they're manual windows so I could loose the door cards. Do I have to remove the dash to get the heaters out or can I just take the facia off?
Thanks given by:
leave heaters in if it was me, rip dash out!!

Handbrake....
slacken off cables at the level.
Then adjust drums internally, someone with foot on brake pedal with a wheel bolt out and lined up with the adjuster. Adjust till the drum rubs slightly on the shoes, but still spins free.
The take away slack in cables from the handbrake lever end! Smile

sure I did, or someone else, did a guide on it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No point if you're getting a disc beam soon though...
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 10:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: leave heaters in if it was me, rip dash out!!

Handbrake....
slacken off cables at the level.
Then adjust drums internally, someone with foot on brake pedal with a wheel bolt out and lined up with the adjuster. Adjust till the drum rubs slightly on the shoes, but still spins free.
The take away slack in cables from the handbrake lever end! Smile

sure I did, or someone else, did a guide on it

I'll look for a guid now Smile

(03-12-2014, 10:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No point if you're getting a disc beam soon though...

Very true actually won't be used till February anyway
Thanks given by:
Get the hole saw out son Wink
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 08:32 AM)Norledge Wrote: Get the hole saw out son Wink

Haha was thinking of doing behind the number plate then removing the plate at the track
Thanks given by:
get the loom thinned out and loose the Radio and speakers, and see if the glove box can be removed.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 06:46 PM)procta Wrote: get the loom thinned out and loose the Radio and speakers, and see if the glove box can be removed.

Removed the radio today and doing the speakers tomorrow, unsure what to take out of the loom, afraid of f*cking it up haha
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 07:18 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 06:46 PM)procta Wrote: get the loom thinned out and loose the Radio and speakers, and see if the glove box can be removed.

Removed the radio today and doing the speakers tomorrow, unsure what to take out of the loom, afraid of f*cking it up haha

As you take out unnecessary things (like the radio and speakers) you could just label the wires as not needed and then once everythings out follow the not needed wires back and remove them one by one.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
central locking, that's another one you can do a way with, so the door doesn't have any looms in. if it has electric wing mirrors, get them reverted back to manual, You can ditch the air bag system, but it might be a bit questionable on the lighting side, Or you fit a basic 106 clocks once you do a way with the air bag system, but it all depends on if this is going to be road legal
Thanks given by:
Removing Central locking is a good idea actually ill have a go at it tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
surely youll be better off sticking a 16v lump in rather than stripping random parts of the car.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 11:33 PM)Stef205 Wrote: surely youll be better off sticking a 16v lump in rather than stripping random parts of the car.

prep the shell 1st then go for the power, what he is doing now is the easy stuff.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 11:33 PM)Stef205 Wrote: surely youll be better off sticking a 16v lump in rather than stripping random parts of the car.

Yeah I want to get the shell prepped and suspension set up then when I'm happy with the handling I'll look into a 16v lump
Thanks given by:
Losing weight is free and so much fun... Keep at it!!

Dont forget other bits too, like front fog lights which weigh more than you think!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Made sure you have a poo before you drive.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2014, 07:39 AM)Norledge Wrote: Made sure you have a poo before you drive.

And have a shave
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2014, 09:25 AM)Midnightclub Wrote:
(05-12-2014, 07:39 AM)Norledge Wrote: Made sure you have a poo before you drive.

And have a shave

And just wear boxers? Clothes weigh alot!
Thanks given by:
Drain your balls too. Trackside ideally.
Thanks given by:
Haha lol  these are all great tips 
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20681]

So a little progress today, ordered an areial blank from Peugeot a few days ago for the sum of £3.25 and got that fitted today Smile think it looks a lot better saving some weight. All I need to do is give it a little polish to get rid of the marks from the areial.

[attachment=20682]
Also got rid of the door cards ready to make my lightweight plastic ones.

[attachment=20683]

And stripped the centre console out to make a lightweight plastic panel Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice progress

Move the battery to behind the passengers seat,moving that lump to the central of the car can different help and won't cost you that much to do.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 04:11 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice progress

Move the battery to behind the passengers seat,moving that lump to the central of the car can different help and won't cost you that much to do.

Yeah I do want to battery relocate is it just battery cable and some battery clamps I need?
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 03:58 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: So a little progress today, ordered an areial blank from Peugeot a few days ago for the sum of £3.25 and got that fitted today Smile think it looks a lot better saving some weight. All I need to do is give it a little polish to get rid of the marks from the areial.

Also got rid of the door cards ready to make my lightweight plastic ones.

And stripped the centre console out to make a lightweight plastic panel Smile

you forgot the beam adjustment switch, could even chop out some of the door supports, well thin it out.
Thanks given by:
Bonnet too can be 'thinned out'.

Why not replace side windows with poly too?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: