106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
You coming pugrun or the action day? I should have my 266mm set up on for then if you want to feel the difference.
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2015, 09:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You coming pugrun or the action day? I should have my 266mm set up on for then if you want to feel the difference.

Yeah I'll be at action day, got track time and yeah that would be awesome if I can try it out
Thanks given by:
60mm lowering springs have arrived Big Grin
[attachment=22698]

[attachment=22699]
Thanks given by:
Should handle pretty well on those Smile Got a full apex kit on our HDi and it handles nicely.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 11:45 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Should handle pretty well on those Smile Got a full apex kit on our HDi and it handles nicely.

Hope so Smile just need spring compressors and then I can fit them. Have to get a front and rear brake setup first though so I can fit the rear axle. Otherwise the front will be way lower than the back 
Thanks given by:
Nooooo, hurry up and fit the springs, I want to see it nose down LOL.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nooooo, hurry up and fit the springs, I want to see it nose down LOL.

Haha I am tempted would look funny as on track, anyway of compressing the springs without spring compressors?
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:23 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(17-04-2015, 12:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nooooo, hurry up and fit the springs, I want to see it nose down LOL.

Haha I am tempted would look funny as on track, anyway of compressing the springs without spring compressors?

How strong are you feeling?

In a word, no.

Just take the struts out and go find a local garage, they'll probably have a propper compressor like this and swap them over for a tenner in 5 mins!
Thanks given by:
doubt youll need them for 60mm springs, you may need shortened shocks and the spring may chatter under decompression.

P.S Fit that bloody axle!
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Would also handle like crap nose down on track. lol

If you have a friendly local garage ask them to swap the swap the springs on the struts for a tenner - they'll do it in a few seconds with decent (probably floor mounted) compressors. Takes hours with the crappy Halfords compressors and no vice lol...from experience. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:25 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(17-04-2015, 12:23 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

How strong are you feeling?

In a word, no.

Just take the struts out and go find a local garage, they'll probably have a propper compressor like this and swap them over for a tenner in 5 mins!

May just get some compressors that way I can change them when I want Smile

(17-04-2015, 12:25 PM)Stef205 Wrote: doubt youll need them for 60mm springs, you may need shortened shocks and the spring may chatter under decompression.

P.S Fit that bloody axle!

I need front and rear brake set up first haha can't put it in as I have no rear discs or callipers 
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Would also handle like crap nose down on track. lol

If you have a friendly local garage ask them to swap the swap the springs on the struts for a tenner - they'll do it in a few seconds with decent (probably floor mounted) compressors.  Takes hours with the crappy Halfords compressors and no vice lol...from experience. Dodgy

You did a Rowell there, I have already posted virtually the same thing  Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Would also handle like crap nose down on track. lol

If you have a friendly local garage ask them to swap the swap the springs on the struts for a tenner - they'll do it in a few seconds with decent (probably floor mounted) compressors.  Takes hours with the crappy Halfords compressors and no vice lol...from experience. Dodgy

I'll give a few garages a ring and see what they can do Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:30 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

You'd be better off just turning up, every time I've rung a garage to do a quick 5 min job they have been too busy to help whereas if you just turn up in the car park and walk over and say you've got a couple of struts in the boot which just need the springs swapping over, they'll probably do it for the cost of a few beers... 
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:29 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:

You did a Rowell there, I have already posted virtually the same thing  Itwasntme

You hadn't posted when I started writing my post. Wink
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:32 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(17-04-2015, 12:30 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

You'd be better off just turning up, every time I've rung a garage to do a quick 5 min job they have been too busy to help whereas if you just turn up in the car park and walk over and say you've got a couple of struts in the boot which just need the springs swapping over, they'll probably do it for the cost of a few beers... 

Ah sweet sounds like a plan Smile after spring action it should all be on. Need to wait till payday to buy front and rear brakes then I can fit the axle and springs all together ready for FCS
Thanks given by:
TBH the garage way is the best idea as a proper floor standing compressor takes seconds to swap them.

Cheap windy spring compressors take ages and are shit as well as incredibly dangerous. I had springs come out of mine twice and f*ck me is there some power in them when they get loose, I can imagine the stories of people loosing body parts when they have some loose are probably true.

Don't try doing them without compressors as you'll loose body parts when removing the old springs.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 12:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBH the garage way is the best idea as a proper floor standing compressor takes seconds to swap them.

Cheap windy spring compressors take ages and are shit as well as incredibly dangerous. I had springs come out of mine twice and f*ck me is there some power in them when they get loose, I can imagine the stories of people loosing body parts when they have some loose are probably true.

Don't try doing them without compressors as you'll loose body parts when removing the old springs.

Yeah sounds like the garage will be a safer and quicker option 
Thanks given by:
So been looking at suspension set ups and think I'm set on getting...

• Shortened Bilstein B8 front shocks £244 for the set
• Gaz adjustable rear shocks £100-£120

Does this sound like a decent set-up? If not what would you recommend 
Thanks given by:
The 205 forum are doing a group buy on gaz coilovers and it apples for any model it's £400 for a full set front and rears if you want the info Ill sent it on
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 04:47 PM)Stef205 Wrote: The 205 forum are doing a group buy on gaz coilovers and it apples for any model it's £400 for a full set front and rears if you want the info Ill sent it on

When do you have to pay by? 
Thanks given by:
There is a gaz coilover set brand new on ebay at the moment, was only at £50 and not got long left

Could be the best buy for you.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 04:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: There is a gaz coilover set brand new on ebay at the moment, was only at £50 and not got long left

Could be the best buy for you.

No money till pay day (24th) Sad
Thanks given by:
Think they ended on 21st, and IIRC you get 2 or 3 days to pay on ebay. might be worth looking into.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Think they ended on 21st, and IIRC you get 2 or 3 days to pay on ebay. might be worth looking into.

Just had a look but it's a three and a half hour drive
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 04:57 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(17-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Think they ended on 21st, and IIRC you get 2 or 3 days to pay on ebay. might be worth looking into.

And?
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 05:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(17-04-2015, 04:57 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

And?

Bit far, do you have to buy a shock to go with these coilovers? Not sure how they fit 
Thanks given by:
Nah they have shocks with them ate, look up the ad
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 05:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nah they have shocks with them ate, look up the ad

Wouldn't a set of B8's be better than that coilover conversion kit? 
Thanks given by:
Great progress with this car. :-)
Just wondering what plastic have you used for your door cards and where did you get it from?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: