Blowing fuses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blowing fuses
My Dturbo has started blowing fuses.

Blowing the one for the fogs and wipers Huh

Any ideas ?
Thanks given by:
start by isolating either the fogs or the wipers.....wipers easiest.....may be the park mech inside.........
Thanks given by:
Rear wiper? If so, needs a new relay and sealing in a bag to stop water getting in.
If its the front, chances are theres water in the motor and track housing. Not too difficult to take apart and clean up.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hi Niall,

Are the fuses blowing before you can trace where the fault is?

On more primitive cars, I by-pass the fuse with a test bulb (actually an old 12 volt tyre inflator, cos I can hear it when I can't see it). If the test bulb lights up brightly you have a direct short, but you will not set the car on fire. You then start disconnecting things until the bulb goes out, which means you have found the Perp.

If bulb only lights up at half strength, you don't have a short, and bulb is in series with whatever you have switched on. Intermittant fault. Bummer!

Modern fuses are awkward to by-pass.

Thanks given by:
Got the wipers working. Just blowing the fogs fuse even a 30amp. Would a bare wire in the fog light wires be the problem. 1 wire going to one of the bulbs is just sweelled together. I'd say it's getting water when raining also
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 05:29 PM)Owen_G_ Wrote: Got the wipers working. Just blowing the fogs fuse even a 30amp. Would a bare wire in the fog light wires be the problem. 1 wire going to one of  the bulbs is just sweelled together. I'd say it's getting water when raining also

Lol yes! Its probably shorting out. Don't go upping fuse sizes because you'll just set fire to the car.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No problem. I must get that wire joined properly and get them working again and a few other niggly bits. Cheers niall
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery warning light/fuse keeps blowing.HELP Clump1298 8 1,710 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Rear wiper blowing fuse 28 MattDanPug 5 2,416 22-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Front fog light bulbs blowing Tidoh2016 2 1,230 13-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Last Post: gurj306