Fitting "induction kit"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting "induction kit"
I was thinking about fitting an induction kit, but was wondering what to do with a pipe off my standard filter...i assume its like a breather??

[Image: pug2.jpg]
[Image: Pugsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you can keep that on, if you fit the induction filter further down the line and remove the filter in the box.

Alternatively, fit a catch tank onto that breather,
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Either get a small filter for it or tap it into the new pipe work.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i was planning on buying a cheap k&n filter and sticking it on nearer the front and removing the filter ( took the filter out today to see if it was still any good...was full of crap!!!! blew it out using compressor so hopefully it will breath better now)

sorry whats a catch tank? never did any mods to do with the engine before...just exterior stuff..
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Either get a small filter for it or tap it into the new pipe work.

might get a small filter if i buy it then
Thanks given by:
318d4n Wrote:i was planning on buying a cheap k&n filter and sticking it on nearer the front and removing the filter ( took the filter out today to see if it was still any good...was full of crap!!!! blew it out using compressor so hopefully it will breath better now)

sorry whats a catch tank? never did any mods to do with the engine before...just exterior stuff..

catch tank catches the particles in the fumes - it currently breathes into the inlet, and enters through with the normal air, disposes of it that way, a catch tank allows the particles to be caught in a seperate tank and a seperate breather..

if you want to know more, i'll get some pics upon request if need
Thanks given by:
oh right Smile are they fairly cheap??

it would be really helpful if you wouldnt mind mate
Thanks given by:
318d4n Wrote:oh right Smile are they fairly cheap??

it would be really helpful if you wouldnt mind mate

yeh, mine was about £20 brb i'll go get a pic with some labels
Thanks given by:
ok mate, cheers
Thanks given by:
Just to add to ginges post....

Oil obviously evaporates to an extent when hot. As it evaporates, it exits through this pipe. The idea is it goes back into the inlet. As it cools down it becomes liquid again and covers the pipe and your inlet in oil. Catch tank catches the oil as the name suggests leaving your inlet nice and clean.
Also catches a lot of condensation so don't be alarmed if you open the bonnet and it's full after a few weeks. It's just a mixture of oil and water.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CITROE...794wt_1037

ninja
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Just to add to ginges post....

Oil obviously evaporates to an extent when hot. As it evaporates, it exits through this pipe. The idea is it goes back into the inlet. As it cools down it becomes liquid again and covers the pipe and your inlet in oil. Catch tank catches the oil as the name suggests leaving your inlet nice and clean.
Also catches a lot of condensation so don't be alarmed if you open the bonnet and it's full after a few weeks. It's just a mixture of oil and water.

cheers, good to know if i do decide to get one

declantg Wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CITROE...794wt_1037

ninja

thanks mate...will stick it in watching for now lol
Thanks given by:
the blue pipe usually goes into the inlet, but custom inlet, i didn't want the fumes going back through the inlet system. theres a small plug on the bottom and a gauge to empty it when it fills.

[Image: A5Wav.jpg]

[Image: C1b7L.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cheers, think i've got an idea in my head now how i will have it

i know what ever i do isnt going to make a huge difference in power especially on a standard engine but is there much difference in performance doing it this way vs just sticking a cone filter half way down and removing the original filter..
Thanks given by:
On these engines, not particuarly. 4/5bhp if you're lucky
Thanks given by:
it sounds a bit better and thats pretty much it! lmao but you do get some shiny stuff under the engine bay and you can say 'i did that!' lol :dance:
Thanks given by:
Don't just whack a breather filter on as these tu engines chuck out a lot of oil through the breather so will cover your engine! Get a catch tank!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If there healthy they don't so....actually who am I kidding? They do from the factory!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What size fitting does the catch tank have to be for the inlet pipe Smile
Thanks given by:
tdbadger1980 Wrote:What size fitting does the catch tank have to be for the inlet pipe Smile

my catch tank off ebay came with 2 sizes to fit most things.
Thanks given by:
IIRC 15mm mate. No doubt some one will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
hey been reading through this thread and did help me i bought a oil catch tank and the day i bought it my mate gave me a induction kit with all the connections so did not need it in the end lol but i do have the catch tank if you still intrested no its an old post but pm if you are
craig
Thanks given by:
Im wanting to fit a green induction kit to mine and wanted to know does the inlet air temp sensor stay off because if i remove everything there is nowhere to put it. Mines a 96 1.6. There is also a pipe from the back of the throttle housing that has nowhere to go now? Can that just be but into the oil breather pipe which is connected to a separate smaller cone filter.
Thanks given by:
The way i did it was to have a breather pipe on the hose off the back of the throttle so just a little vent filter and then catch tank the one coming off the head u can pick them up cheap as chips off flebay jus search 306 oil catch tank and for the vent filters just 306 vent filters. Hope this helps
Thanks given by: