NGK Glow Plugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NGK Glow Plugs
Went out this morning, scraped the global warming off the screen and then tried to start the car.

No joy, turned out that two plugs were faulty. NGK 924 plugs . . . they're not the most reliable b ut they seem to be the only ones motor factors stock.

Has anyone got any other brands they'd recommend?

There's only one thing I can think is a positive for NGK plugs: They don't get chance to rust into your head.
Thanks given by:
Beru are what I always use, oem afaik, others like Bosch duraterms which I'm sure are good too but usually a bit more expensive Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
NGK glow plugs are shit, loads of people have issues with them.

Fit the OEM Beru or Bosch alternatives and no more worries.
Thanks given by:
Duraterms for me. Never had a problem.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Bosch, fitted to every Xud ive had and never hd to change them again....ever.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
picked mine up with ngks recently put in (admittedly dont know how recent but looked new still) and had to change them 2 were dying and one was dead duraterms installed now starts sweet Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah I struggled with my 1yr old NGKs today. Will be getting some bosch or Beru when theres an offer soon
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As people say, Bosch duraterms work great, starts on the button always after 1 cycle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 sets of glow plugs in 3 months???? HELP wdoyle2410 4 2,413 31-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: wdoyle2410
  Glow plugs unscrew but can't be removed EdAppleton 15 3,542 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: EdAppleton
  Glow Plugs or what?! timpug 7 2,412 23-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Last Post: timpug