Rover 214si

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rover 214si
Those wheels do look good, completely change the look of the car.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
one of the lads on the Austin Rover metro facebook group has just saved a 400 wedge shape GSI T series turbo. its been laid up for a bit, so just to prove that these proper rovers are coming back!
Thanks given by:
That looks 90's-tastic Dude, had a 216 and a 218 GTI back in the day!

I don't have a metro analogy so I feel a bit out of place.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Shan't complain if they go up in value, can't see it happening for a fair while yet myself though.

As it long as doesn't turn to rust and the cheap parts don't run out!
[Image: signaturerrf_zps1c82612b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2014, 09:17 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote: Shan't complain if they go up in value, can't see it happening for a fair while yet myself though.

As it long as doesn't turn to rust and the cheap parts don't run out!

they are going up in value, its the posh rovers that are not worth the paper they are written on.

I think we should go halves on this lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-Gti-Metr...418d269e83
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 02:40 PM)procta Wrote: I think we should go halves on this lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-Gti-Metr...418d269e83

Haha those stickers are ace. Bit dear though! Seem to be cheaper ones out there, no metro though Sad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181628216...108&ff19=0

This exhaust joint is doing my tree in at the moment.

The whole time I have owned the car it has been blowing there a little, but not enough to be annoying so have left it.

Need to fix it now otherwise it will fail MOT but the bugger refuses to seal, bought some paste type stuff (used other brands in the past and its usually like a paste that sets almost like clay when the exhaust gets hot)  this shite is so runny its does F all. If anything it blows worse with the sealant than without...

[Image: IMG_3038_zpsee294d02.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3042_zps0847c486.jpg]
Thanks given by:
id see about fitting the later mpi down pipe and manifold from the later wedge
Thanks given by:
MG Wheels look great on that! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Got my hands on a manilfold not too long ago, not got a downpipe etc yet though, this is where it seals to the back box though, just need it to seal for MOT, its this month!
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 04:06 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote: Got my hands on a manilfold not too long ago, not got a downpipe etc yet though, this is where it seals to the back box though, just need it to seal for MOT, its this month!

good as that will open it up more, I hope you got the manifold off the Rover 200 range not the 25 range, as they are different, you will have to do some fab work on the down pipe sadly if you have.
Thanks given by:
Haha, probably got the wrong one, it was only a tenner or so on ebay though. Had a pre cat too, must be recent!
Thanks given by:
is the manifold like this one at the end, where it meets the down pipe?
[Image: 005-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No its 4 to 1, like the one on it now and the current downpipe.
Thanks given by:
hope you haven't bought the same manifold twice!
Thanks given by:
No its been sat here a few weeks, is a tube manifold with pre cat that goes to one pipe.

The one on my car now is cast.

It wont be going on for a while anyway, more concerned about mot time Wink

Like this one off google.

[Image: %24T2eC16NHJGgFFm8H!ZRMBRg9OwfTeQ~~60_35.JPG]
Thanks given by:
that looks off a later rover, as it has the ends for the manifold heat shield.
Thanks given by:
PASSED MOT

No advisories

but did have to change a coil spring on the avo coilovers as it had snapped at a ripe old age of a year and a half.
Thanks given by:
good shit!
Thanks given by:
The next toy for this Wink

[Image: IMG_3302_zps9aae93cc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
good stuff! i have a toy to go on my rover, but i will have to wait, till it comes back from the hard core welding session.
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 09:16 PM)procta Wrote: good stuff! i have a toy to go on my rover, but i will have to wait, till it comes back from the hard core welding session.

Haha, not willing to tell us what it is then?
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 11:18 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 09:16 PM)procta Wrote: good stuff! i have a toy to go on my rover, but i will have to wait, till it comes back from the hard core welding session.

Haha, not willing to tell us what it is then?

its an external Heat sensor, Like what the 306s have, but its more of a indicator as it either goes green or red. It was a posh little extra for the Rover range including yours, not just for metros.

Thanks given by:
Oh right, never seen anything like that on a Rover!
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 11:56 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote: Oh right, never seen anything like that on a Rover!

not sure how popular the feature was, you will see it when I install it.
Thanks given by:
Wanted to get this in ready for the road trip tomorrow to see how well its running with the "wrong" injector and throttle body.

[Image: IMG_20150117_133328_zps80d8a1e2.jpg]

8 Screws to remove to get the centre of the dash out, all easy to find

[Image: IMG_20150117_123326_zpsa670b025.jpg]

Decided to cable tie it in where the ashtray sits for now but may re-locate it in the future.
[Image: IMG_20150117_142403_zpsf668c2d0.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150117_144723_zps6c0d0277.jpg]

Can do data logging and daisy chain the data cables between guages, they do a 2 in 1 boost/vacuum and rpm, which might be handy to go with it as then it will be able to log boost/vacuum/AFR and RPM together.

[Image: IMG_20150117_143221_zps79a065db.jpg]

Tucked all the wiring away as best as possible. Use the socked off the old sensor and cut all but the grey wire away, so that the engine ECU takes a simulated narrowband signal from the guage.

[Image: IMG_20150117_142120_zpsaf5de2ec.jpg]
Thanks given by:
there was a rover diagnostic tool on ebay for these. Did you not see it? has it been ok with the injector and throttle body?
Thanks given by:
It has been running OK with the bits, passed its emissions test fine too, not as happy under wide open throttle and heavier on fuel though.

This gauge should show me what is going on though, probably running very very rich!

Going for a drive in it tomorrow, on cold idle it was at 9:1 and warm idle 11:1 so far. Should be more around 13:1 on idle I think.

Will probably look at replacing the injection completely at some point, maybe go down the carb/s route, should be able to set them up really well with the help of the wideband!
Thanks given by:
check the sensors on the inlet, as that might be giving the ecu some wrong readings,
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2015, 06:35 PM)procta Wrote: check the sensors on the inlet, as that might be giving the ecu some wrong readings,

Ahh, heard about issues with air and water temp sensors, they are probably quite cheap to try arent they? Was just presuming it was my messing that has made it rich, shame this wasnt fitted before the injector swap!
Thanks given by:
Ok, so its offical, its running VERY rich, all the time.

Just been out for a drive.

Sits at an afr of...

11:1 at idle
10:1 on cruise
8:1 to 8.5:1 at wide open throttle

No wonder it bogs down! I was worried it was leaning out, its just got so much fuel it cant get enough air haha. The long rich spot on that graph was wide open throttle acceleration onto the motorway.

[Image: rich_zpsdcd342d2.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells P38 Range Rover 2.5 DSE Eeyore 10 4,668 11-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Proctas Rover Metro GTA 16v procta 180 80,682 28-06-2014, 04:26 AM
Last Post: procta
  My First Car - 1991 Rover Mini Neon [Image Heavy] phillmoore 39 13,514 26-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Last Post: silverzx