Battery Warning Light...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Warning Light...
I've just changed the alternator and the battery warning light is still on, but seems to be operanting differently. The new alternator is working, 14v at the battery, where as the old one was under 12v with the engine running.

I'm just wonder what would happen if the sensor wire was broken. The light now only comes on if the engine is running, I'm sure it use to come on with the ignition on the 2nd click. At the sensor connection on the alternator, I measured a voltage of 13.5v with the engine running.

Can someone confirm the behaviour of the battery warning light.

The car is a 306 HDI...

Thanks..
Thanks given by:
Id check continuity from the small ring connector on the alternator to the dials (not sure which cable). If thats intact, could be a faulty set of dials as they use the 14v (think it has to be over 12v) to turn the light off.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 10:44 PM)Niall Wrote: Id check continuity from the small ring connector on the alternator to the dials (not sure which cable). If thats intact, could be a faulty set of dials as they use the 14v (think it has to be over 12v) to turn the light off.

THanks for the reply, I do expect this to wire to be at fault as I had to really had to bend it to get it to connect to the new alternator. I believe it may have snapped as it felt quite crunchy.

Any idea on which multi connector / wire to test to from the alternator connector?
Thanks given by:
Could test it to the bulb socket on the dash pcb?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery warning light/fuse keeps blowing.HELP Clump1298 8 1,757 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Flashing battery light. NEW PROBLEMS Matt 25 5,549 11-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Last Post: C2K
  Battery light jordanhdi 5 1,407 19-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Frosty